Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Running errands today with the Holiday Update and not once did the car open properly. With every parking lot a mad house it’s super frustrating. If you have any last minute shopping to do I would hold off.
That's interesting. I ran errands today with the Holiday Update. Doors locked and unlocked perfectly well. It was a drizzly day and the auto wipers worked perfectly. FSD was enabled from the get go and performed as expected throughout.

I guess I'm not on Santa's naughty list.

Try putting your phone in and out of airplane mode to force bluetooth to reconnect. Whever walkup door locks fail, this fixes the app.

It took 53 minutes to download and install 2023.44.30.5.1. After installing I then updated the app because you can now plan a route from the app. I do t use Autosteer or have FSD so I'm don't care about th driver attentiveness updates. The blindspot update will be good to have. With USS, I will see if there's a parking assistance update.
Took 2022 MSLR, USS no FSD or Autosteer with update 2023.44.30.5.1 out to Costco. No 3D park assist rendering, still just squigly lines. Saw traffic light graphics on nav map. Saw red border blindspot indication. Tried the holiday light show. No problems on anything, over it already.

• Helpful
Reactions: navguy12
Sep 2023 build Model X LR on 2023.44.30.6:

Haven't noticed any new bugs with this version yet. My thoughts on the high fidelity park assist (HFPA) and holiday update in general:

1. I was disappointed to find that, at least currently, for X and S it's only displayed on the instrument cluster screen, which means us S/X drivers can't orbit the view manually. It's less useful when it's mostly birds-eye only, in my opinion.

2. In general I find it paints obstructions closer to the car than they actually are. The edges of my garage door opening, for example, are painted full red and appear to be touching my car as I pull out, when in reality there's about 8" of clearance on each side. This will need to get more accurate to be truly useful.

3. I found the rendering of the parking lines (showing the boundary of each parking stall to be pretty accurate and helpful for ensuring you're centered in the spot and haven't gone over a line.

4. Rendering of obstructions/walls/etc were generally correct, but it clearly could be a lot better.

Hopes for the future:

1. Allow HFPA to be shown on the main screen for S/X owners so we can orbit the view.

2. HFPA is a great start and much better than what non USS cars had before. But it's not yet good enough to be truly useful. A few more iterations on the tech--maybe some more training--and we should have something pretty cool.

3. Bluetooth headphones on the rear screen works well and will be very useful. Looking forward to getting Steam on the rear screen at some point.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Good to know. I was expecting something to display on the map.
I did see traffic lights on the nav map on my 2022 MSLR with 2023.40.30.5.1. But not usefull to me. I did not see speed camera on map, so I don't have first hand knowledge about that. According to NotATeslaApp, it would show on the map.
1000025927.jpg

Very likely that there will be a major update soon. When?

Either:
  1. Thanksgiving weekend (23rd Nov)
  2. CT event (30th Nov)
  3. Christmas (24th Dec)
What will it contain?
  1. Grok (20% likelihood?)
  2. V12 FSD (20% likelihood) ASS included?
  3. Emergency Starlink comms (20% likelihood)
  4. Games
  5. X app?
  6. ?
Love Apple podcast app
As soon as I jump in the T
My podcast continues playing
It’s like having the old radio back again
But without commercials

2023 MYLR HW4: We got our first update, 2023.44.30.6 / 11.4.9 on Friday night. Drove it for the first time yesterday locally on a combination of local and toll roads. No stupid dry wipes on that clear sunny day. Only had to intervene once with FSD when it failed to slow sufficiently while exiting the toll road, approaching the booth where speed is clearly marked at 25 MPH. Otherwise, AutoSteer, TACC, EAP, and FSD all seemed to behave just fine. Of special note: when merging onto a controlled access highway, the car actually slowed down enough to get itself into an open space for the merge. Braking was more dramatic than appropriate, but it actually worked. For us, that's a first. Only one minor "apply force to the wheel" nag the whole time, and it was probably right on asking for that. HFPA is provides a bizarre view of what's around, but it's more helpful than the jumping squiggly lines, and it accurately sees / reports position of lines on a parking lot. Didn't try the new podcast app or any other "entertainment" features aside from confirming that Disney+ is still there and works (I briefly sat in the parked car while my travel partner went into the store.) Thus, initial impressions are pretty good.

Took 2022 MSLR, USS no FSD or Autosteer with update 2023.44.30.5.1 out to Costco. No 3D park assist rendering, still just squigly lines. Saw traffic light graphics on nav map. Saw red border blindspot indication. Tried the holiday light show. No problems on anything, over it already.
Another trip yesterday. The traffic signal overlay must be map data. A stop sign graphic showed where a new stop light was put in to replace the stop sign.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
I did see traffic lights on the nav map on my 2022 MSLR with 2023.40.30.5.1. But not usefull to me. I did not see speed camera on map, so I don't have first hand knowledge about that. According to NotATeslaApp, it would show on the map.
View attachment 1002762
Maybe not fully implemented and/or not available for all jurisdictions? Some of those would be pseudo real time, user submitted like Waze. I haven't heard anything about user submitted map data.

View attachment 1002762
FSD should switch to speed limit when there are speed cameras around… that’s what I do if I see a cop. Not that my limits are way high … still.