Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD Beta 10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things that are just wrong.
1. why does it cut corners not cool and a computer should no better.
2. you should never swing out then turn in WRONG
3. when leaving a light keep up with traffic, FFS my car is a rocket and prius run away from me at lights.
4. on the freeway again speed transitions need to be made with authority. Don't make people pile up and wait behind me while I meander up to the set point.
5. you can't creep to the point you are in the middle of an intersection and stop

Just some random thoughts. I don't know how this software works I've never worked in AI but it seems like you would have to have some basic foundation before you work on the harder stuff..

Just test drove 10.4 on my new S. It may have just been luck, but FSD was much improved. Zero disengagements or scary maneuvers. Turns were smoother and overall, if it always drove that well, it could be useful. Need to drive more, and it was a relatively easy trip to the bank and home.

I did also get the live view for sentry option in the car, but use Android, so can't test.

No mention of noise cancellation.

Last edited:
Just test drove 10.4 on my new S. It may have just been luck, but FSD was much improved. Zero disengagements or scary maneuvers. Turns were smoother and overall, if it always drove that well, it could be useful. Need to drive more, and it was a relatively easy trip to the bank and home.

I did also get the live view for sentry option in the car, but use Android, so can't test.
Where's the option? Under security menu? I do not see it. I have a 2017 with MCU2 but no speakers. I did not see it in the release notes either.
Addition : I have premium connectivity.

Under safety.
PXL_20211108_185507309.jpg

So far I've been loving fsd, have driven over 1k miles with it (lots of highway though)

Some complaints so far
1) ghost braking: with vision only, happens wayyyy to often. Like a dozen plus times on short trips. Mostly happens with shadows it seems, but anything will cause braking
2) yellow lights: when driving through stop lights if they turn red before or as passing through, the car almost comes to a stop for some reason (yet already through the light)
3) please please make navigation functional. Right turn coming up, in the correct lane? Moves 2 lanes over in the opposite direction.... How does something this advance get into the opposite lane required? And multiple lanes over 😂

Overall, has been super fun and exciting to see what it can do, but 1 and 3 make it unusable at times. Specially #3 as it happens all the time in my area, where 3 lane roads are common.

Wow, got 10.4 last night and I think I am turning it off. The only improvement is a bit less phantom breaking, but most all other features seem degraded. Car is taking the wrong lanes, unsure of where it is and not able to do the same routes it did last week on 10.3.1. Slammed on the breaks for no reason on a non-highway four lane and then shut off and gave me a hard braking error (Tesla insurance safety score). Whereas I have had 10 days with a 100 score on 10.3.1, the car's erratic behavior has caused dings on every single drive I have made in 10.4.

Not using it again until the next update.

Having an issue with constant parking assist errors flashing on the dash, even when driving at speeds higher than anyone would ever try to park at 😅

View attachment 730743

^^ Also getting that error too. Nothing blocking parking sensors.
I have never been able to use parking assist. Tried at multiple parking lots. Work, school, Walmart and Lowes. I finally took my sons car and parked it and tried parking next to his car and still the "P" wouldn't display on the screen.