Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD Beta 10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little surprised that there have been no collisions among the beta testers, at least none that I'm aware of.
At this point, FSD is certainly adding a lot more stress on the drivers than no FSD, at least that is the impression I get.
Since most of us probably use FSD Beta for a few miles at a time - its not very difficult to concentrate and maintain vigilance.

If there are paid employees doing this kind of testing 5x8 - it would be a very stressful job, indeed.

Reactions: Ramphex
Yea, just hope that every time I press the snapshot button, someone actually reviews the telemetry and considers seeing what went wrong.
That thought goes through my head every time I hit the snapshot button... "does anyone really see this?"

Finally going out for my first 10.4 drive today. Bit rainy today, so it'll be a rare opportunity to see how FSD handles rain; don't get that very often here in the desert.

Going to take the wife to Starbucks for a Caramel Brule Latte. If FSD spills her drink on my car's clean interior, I'm mailing a confetti bomb to Elon.

10.4 is definitely a regression in many aspects. While phantom braking has improved, it is much worse at intersections. I’ve had several instances where it attempted to pull out in front of traffic coming from the left at a stop sign and a couple of attempts to run red lights. Admittedly, I had it set on “Assertive” so maybe that had something to do with it. I’ve set it to “Chill” and will retest tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: Hbrink and jebinc
Alright I am sitting with a score of 97 now, was 98 this morning. Whats the easiest way to bump this up by one number?
It depends on what your problem area is and how many miles you have driven. If you have driven 1,000 miles, you would need 500 perfect miles or to do a reset.
For example, for turning problems, go drive through a curvy neighborhood under 18-20 mph. One continuous circle in a parking lot is one turn.
Remember that both good and bad is not counted while using AutoPilot.
So, how many miles do you have at 97?
What areas are your problem areas?
What scores in those areas?

Reactions: Ramphex
10.4 is definitely a regression in many aspects. While phantom braking has improved, it is much worse at intersections. I’ve had several instances where it attempted to pull out in front of traffic coming from the left at a stop sign and a couple of attempts to run red lights. Admittedly, I had it set on “Assertive” so maybe that had something to do with it. I’ve set it to “Chill” and will retest tomorrow.
I've seen it try to pull out in front of cars a couple times on 10.4 already, and a few times on 10.3.1 as well, so for me it's not new. A lot of times it happens when the car stopped short of the limit line, and then to avoid road rage from the vehicle behind (I live in NYC area) I used the go pedal to move the car up. Now I'm wondering if that was interpreted as a "proceed through the intersection" command.

Reactions: K5TRX
I've seen it try to pull out in front of cars a couple times on 10.4 already, and a few times on 10.3.1 as well, so for me it's not new. A lot of times it happens when the car stopped short of the limit line, and then to avoid road rage from the vehicle behind (I live in NYC area) I used the go pedal to move the car up. Now I'm wondering if that was interpreted as a "proceed through the intersection" command.

what is also annoying is when I press the accelerator to either close the gap on lead car or the stop sign, the instant I Iet go of the accelerator, the car slams on the brakes because it never agreed with me that acceleration was needed.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve