Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same. This morning mine said I was up to date as of yesterday at 10:11am which is when I last checked. I’m guessing it won’t bother checking if it just recently checked. I’ll try again around lunch time to see if it’s a 24 hour thing.
Well, but you did it all wrong. You are supposed to also close your eyes, tap your ruby slippers 3 times, and say.... there is no car like Tesla. :rolleyes:

I know opinions of 10.69.3.1 are a dime-a-dozen these days, but I think it's still worth saying I'm relatively pleased with the improvements. Conservatively I'd say that it's about an 80% improvement in acceleration and braking in difficult spots (speed limit changes, cut offs, merging, last minute red lights), and a 50% improvement in lane selection. I still had one aggressive application of the brakes this morning, but it was at low speed after successfully routing around a landscaping truck that had stopped in a right turn lane. And I still had to disengage to manually put my car in the correct lane twice. But they're both situations with counterintuitive intersection design (one that randomly splits into an unmarked bus lane before rejoining the main road and immediately losing a lane, and one that requires the car to be in the far left turn lane, despite an immediate right afterwards).

So it's only failing in situations that a driver unfamiliar with the intersection would also often fail at. I don't think any additional work on lane guidance will fix it, these particular intersections will likely need Tesla to implement fleet learning or memory of past traversals of the intersection in order to solve these.

I know opinions of 10.69.3.1 are a dime-a-dozen these days, but I think it's still worth saying I'm relatively pleased with the improvements. Conservatively I'd say that it's about an 80% improvement in acceleration and braking in difficult spots (speed limit changes, cut offs, merging, last minute red lights), and a 50% improvement in lane selection. I still had one aggressive application of the brakes this morning, but it was at low speed after successfully routing around a landscaping truck that had stopped in a right turn lane. And I still had to disengage to manually put my car in the correct lane twice. But they're both situations with counterintuitive intersection design (one that randomly splits into an unmarked bus lane before rejoining the main road and immediately losing a lane, and one that requires the car to be in the far left turn lane, despite an immediate right afterwards).

So it's only failing in situations that a driver unfamiliar with the intersection would also often fail at. I don't think any additional work on lane guidance will fix it, these particular intersections will likely need Tesla to implement fleet learning or memory of past traversals of the intersection in order to solve these.
Sounds like we are driving the same car :)

For my initial neighborhood drive, 10.69.3.1 is improved but still rough.

Not enough regen use in city driving. Braking still feels like binary digital input instead of a smooth human analog. One case of excess brake and slow to initiate acceleration when lead vehicle slowed while changing lanes (release notes say it's improved). Acceleration also has programmed step-like feel which is mindless to implement but not ideal for comfort, confidence, or energy preservation.

My one lane selection edge case is slightly improved but still unsteady as following cars will question the slight left/right dithered steering while deciding path/lane choice. But at least it picked the correct lane.

The team needs to tighten the lateral G force comfort limit for turns. Rt turn still carries too much speed. In one case after the turn I experienced an abrupt brake (no vehicles or VRUs in sight) before accelerating - almost like an abrupt field of view change confused input image processing.

Unprotected right turn with heavy traffic still not able to make human-like decisive judgements. A trail of slowing oncoming cars with rt turn signals are assumed to continue through the intersection resulting in many missed merging opportunities.

One UPL did well minus the slow to jumpy step-like acceleration.

Also worth mentioning that while the feedback button is gone, my car is still uploading GB of data to Tesla on longer drives. So I think they've just fully automated the feedback loop, instead of relying on customers to press the button. This will be important when FSD goes wide to anyone who requests it.

Screenshot_20221122-105831-595.png

First drive on 10.69.3.1 and FSDb crashed and won’t restart. No AP either. Reboot did not help but it did make the car image on Controls disappear (it eventually returned).

Before the software crash I had tried the 45° turn left off rt 1 I mentioned above—total fail, no turn signal, no slowing.

Appreciate the new long press to park which does not require the brake pedal press. Not sure if I’ll make much use of Neutral on the screen but it is in a corner hidden by the yoke anyway. Why add a scroll wheel speed adjust arrow?

Won’t know until tonight if auto highbeam is any better but that’s a pretty low bar.

• Informative
Reactions: kabin
Also worth mentioning that while the feedback button is gone, my car is still uploading GB of data to Tesla on longer drives. So I think they've just fully automated the feedback loop, instead of relying on customers to press the button. This will be important when FSD goes wide to anyone who requests it.

View attachment 877149
EXACTLY, the point I was trying to make in another thread, but your graph puts it into perspective. Some people seem to think that just because there is no reporting button that there is no way to push back info about the car doing something that it shouldn't. It's been doing that for quite awhile whether people push the button or not.

Got a FSD strike this morning while on the highway on NoA. No blue warning, hands on the wheel, eyes forward. Got the red wheel/take over immediately. Never had this happen before, I’ve had FSDb since last September over two cars.
Yep. Happened few times. No blue warning except screaming and strike within few seconds. In that few secs disengagement with my yoke did not work. I have 3 strikes like that and they happen during the dusk hours.