Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hunting (swerving) on wide unmarked roads (as mentioned earlier) is a new issue. I have one of these roads near my office, tried it two days in a row, same horrible outcome both times. At least it’s consistent.

On marked rural roads, it’s not giving pedestrians enough room, and doing so a little late. On my way home this afternoon, there was a woman walking a dog (she was on the wrong side of the road), FSD slowed down, but barely moved over. The car behind me moved almost into the other lane to provide enough clearance, a bit too much I’d say. Further on the same road, guy jogging (again, wrong side of the road), I disengaged, didn’t want to scare two people on the same stretch of road.
As mentioned, the wide turns occur on marked roads as well. Most of my driving is in marked roads and its not pretty.

On a positive note, it drove 1000’ up our private road, stopped for the gate, opened the gate, then proceeded. The gate opener is geofenced and it all just worked together.

The hunting (swerving) on wide unmarked roads (as mentioned earlier) is a new issue. I have one of these roads near my office, tried it two days in a row, same horrible outcome both times. At least it’s consistent.

On marked rural roads, it’s not giving pedestrians enough room, and doing so a little late. On my way home this afternoon, there was a woman walking a dog (she was on the wrong side of the road), FSD slowed down, but barely moved over. The car behind me moved almost into the other lane to provide enough clearance, a bit too much I’d say. Further on the same road, guy jogging (again, wrong side of the road), I disengaged, didn’t want to scare two people on the same stretch of road.
I see this all the time especially passing cyclists. I like many other drivers go well over the yellow line to give the cyclist lots of room. FSD moves over much less than it should in most cases. FSD also moves back over too quickly.

And why do people walking and running do this on the wrong side of the road with their back is to you? Do they not realize how dumb and unsafe this is? Is bad enough cyclists must ride this way but at least it's correct. Most walkers and joggers who get hit are doing so on the wrong side of the road where they cannot see cars approaching them. Ok, rant over!

Last edited:
the wide turns occur on marked roads as well.
The described behavior happens on straight roads. It just veers towards the sidewalk, straightens out, cruising for a bit, then veers back to the correct lane position a bit later (apparently after encountering parked vehicles).

Anyway with all these wide turns and swerving, it is looking like a super-genius move for Tesla to not go forward with wide release after all. The Autopilot team is 1337! This is next level.

But we will see whether we get there before the end of the year. Coming down to the wire!

Reactions: Phlier
In California you’re legally required to walk “on the wrong side of the road” to avoid getting hit by cars running FSD beta.

CA VC 21956
“No pedestrian may walk upon any roadway outside of a business or residence district otherwise than close to his or her left-hand edge of the roadway.”
I mean, that's not just the case in California. That's basic pedestrian safety... walk or run AGAINST traffic.

Now bicycles, on the other hand, are vehicles, and need to follow the rules of the road.

What's up with the European speed signs with 3.1? First time I see this

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 77
I mean, that's not just the case in California. That's basic pedestrian safety... walk or run AGAINST traffic.

Now bicycles, on the other hand, are vehicles, and need to follow the rules of the road.
Yeah, of course. Though I realize I may have misunderstood @LowlyOilBurner’s post. By wrong way he may have meant walking away from him. I don’t see why pedestrian orientation would make much difference for perception.

Reactions: Gray Man
In California you’re legally required to walk “on the wrong side of the road” to avoid getting hit by cars running FSD beta.

CA VC 21956
“No pedestrian may walk upon any roadway outside of a business or residence district otherwise than close to his or her left-hand edge of the roadway.”
I don’t see the “FSD beta” language in the rule text.

I’ll post the video at some point. The massive swerving is a pleasant new development on wide unmarked streets. It is just as well they did not do wide release!!! This was all pre-beer. However, definitely not the ideal development for using FSD Beta after a single beer. (Normally a single beer takes the edge off, and thus allows for a perfect machine-human interface, but this new development is unacceptable.)

It’s very unfortunate the Nav was messed up on the way to the brewery last night. I was looking forward to posting a video of one of my zero disengagement drives, followed by @Daniel in SD for documentation purposes - as it is, I needed to disengage twice for navigation purposes. Next week I will set a waypoint to ensure the correct route. It’ll be epic, I promise. Low production value is assured, as usual.

Zero disengagements, zero accelerator application (another reason to have Daniel following me, to act as a safety buffer).
Sadly my video is lost. I guess the car deletes the video daily? I thought it saved an hour.
Need to mic the inside of the car to record my guffaws. Unfortunately it sounds like V11 might come out before next week?

Where are you hearing that V11 FSD will come out next week? Have you seen any reports from testers?
I don't actually believe it will be out next week though. Lots of sarcasm in my posts!

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Sadly my video is lost. I guess the car deletes the video daily? I thought it saved an hour.
Need to mic the inside of the car to record my guffaws. Unfortunately it sounds like V11 might come out before next week?
Man, what an amateur. You have to press the save button hidden a couple menus deep, to write it to the USB stick! Or honk the horn if you have it set up that way. Saves last 10 minutes.

Lol on V11 next week. We’ll have another opportunity. Whether the swerves occur will depend on whether parked vehicles are present.

We’ll have to settle for interior video for now; at some point will post clips.

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Man, what an amateur. You have to press the save button hidden a couple menus deep, to write it to the USB stick! Or honk the horn if you have it set up that way. Saves last 10 minutes.

Lol on V11 next week. We’ll have another opportunity. Whether the swerves occur will depend on whether parked vehicles are present.

We’ll have to settle for interior video for now; at some point will post clips.
Horn doesn't work. Honked at someone running a red a few days ago and it didn't work even though I had option enabled (wanted to see if honking was really justified). This may all be because my HW2.5 is too slow. 😢