Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 20.14.02.png

more were just added to the queue

I'll make a long drive to/from the Dallas metroplex tomorrow so I'll get several hours of playing with the new features.
UPDATE: Had the opportunity to drive several hours today, covered about 300 miles running into the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex then down to Waxahachie for a sick family member then the two-hour drive back to east Texas. All in all, there are a few improvements.

The first thing i noticed, as small as it is, is the next "direction" on the map is now in a larger font. Small thing but it was a nice change.

I noticed the car did a "maneuver" that it hasn't done in the past. I don't know if it's "learning" or if this update made it so it's not SO DAMN STUPID. However, there was a pickup truck making a right turn in front of me and the car made a slight jog left and drove past the turning vehicle, doing so legally, a bonus. Because this wasn't the case the other day when it passed a car by illegally moving into the center turn lane and continued through a left turn lane in the wrong direction! So, that's progress. Typically my car will simply stop behind the turning vehicle until it is COMPLETELY clear of the roadway, drawing the ire of the drivers behind me.

One huge frustration for me has been the lack of response to a selected speed when in FSDb and the car failing to slow in a timely manner when the posted speed limits get lower. I did immediately notice a change in this today. Since I travel through several small towns to get to the interstate I encounter speed limits that routinely diminish from 70/75 down in routinely 10mph increments to as low as 30 mph. This morning the first town I came to I selected a slower speed prior to the changing speed limit and the car slowed appropriately throughout the town and numerous speed limit changes.

Later in the day I allowed the car to slow itself down as it "read" the changing speed limit signs and I would give it a solid B+ on that. However, there was one small town that as I came barreling in I could tell the car just had no inkling that it should be slowing so I rapidly started scrolling the wheel to "command" a slower speed. However, the car (HAL9000 apparently) had other thoughts. I could see that the town was relatively empty since we are in the midst of a polar freeze so out of curiosity I wanted to see when/if it would actually slow down. Well, that was a bust. When I got to the point where I had 15mph "commanded" via the scroll wheel and I was doing 62mph passing the 35mph speed limit sign I knew I had to takeover. That was a little frustrating. When I "command" a speed I believe I should GET that speed regardless of what my car or the Tesla programmers think!

As far as Apple music goes, I'm not sure how much of a benefit that'll be. If you're like me then you use Waze, Apple music, etc., from your phone while driving and get all your pertinent information through the car's audio system. With Waze on my work phone, my personal phone connected to the car to get phone calls and text messages on the screen, and Apple Music playing through the car I found it was difficult to hear the directions from Waze on my work phone and I kept having to mute the music when driving in traffic in the metroplex. So I'll end up going back to using it on my phone like I was previous to this software update.

There was another quirky thing that happened today that I am completely at a loss to explain EXCEPT my car hates the cold weather as much as I do. But every time I got in/out of the car, my seat position was different. Both the Easy Entry and my dedicated seat/yoke settings would put my seat in a different place when I got in and out. I'm telling ya, they really are thinking for themselves and I think they're becoming self-aware and screwing with us!!

The last thing I noticed is how the Homelink now displays and I do NOT like it. Previously when I pulled up to my gate it would open it automatically and then as I got down my driveway it displayed two buttons, one for each garage in the house and guesthouse. Today it opened the gate automatically but after checking the mail the gate had closed and I played hell getting it to open by pressing the button. The same thing happened when i attempted to open the garage door. The buttons seem very finicky and don't respond as well as the previously displayed buttons.

That's all I remember that really stood out from today's venture with FSDb HAL9000!!