Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did we watch the same video ? Looks good to me ...
Creeping way too far into intersections (1:15, 11:14, 13:30), stopping in the middle of the road (2:36), jerky steering, bad lane selection (2:36, 14:35), spurious signals (5:18), fastidiously staying in the slowest possible travel lane (~4:00-5:18), phantom braking (7:08), ponderous or failed left turns (7:35, 16:14, 17:20), what’s not to love?

THIS is the glorious FSD future we have been promised.

I mean, let’s be realistic here. Looks like lots of improved features, with tons of work to do still to get driver approval (and then subsequent wife signoff, a much higher bar). But it is not correct to describe this as “good.”

FSD will keep getting better and better but it is not going to be useful until Tesla “turns off” these “features.”

Look at this creep limit (?)! It is perfectly placed. Revolutionary? I have no idea why that is being drawn or what it is, it is so advanced. (Also, why is the the wheel turned? And more to the point, why is it a yoke?)
2F346E09-C1FB-4876-9C7A-3384E35F54FC.png

Let’s be realistic about progress and quality. FSD is coming along, but we need to stay grounded in the reality of what currently exists.

We’ll get there, but not by proclaiming that every release is good.

Last edited:
Creeping way too far into intersections (1:15, 11:14, 13:30), stopping in the middle of the road (2:36), jerky steering, bad lane selection (2:36, 14:35), spurious signals (5:18), fastidiously staying in the slowest possible travel lane (~4:00-5:18), phantom braking (7:08), ponderous or failed left turns (7:35, 16:14, 17:20), what’s not to love?

I mean, let’s be realistic here. Looks like lots of new features, tons of work to do still to get driver approval (and then subsequent wife signoff, a much higher bar). But it is not correct to describe this as “good.”

FSD will keep getting better and better but it is not going to be useful until Tesla “turns off” these “features.”

Look at this creep limit (?)! It is perfectly placed. Revolutionary? I have no idea why that is being drawn or what it is, it is so advanced. (Also, why is the the wheel turned? And more to the point, why is it a yoke?)

View attachment 847054

Let’s be realistic about progress and quality. FSD is coming along, but we need to stay grounded in the reality of what currently exists.

Above is an example of viewing the video objectively in detail, without Elon colored lenses in your glasses on, and making SURE to spot the failures that the video maker intentionally tries to hide/ignore/minimize.

The whole story/full story. Not the shill version.

I mean, let’s be realistic here. Looks like lots of improved features, with tons of work to do still to get driver approval (and then subsequent wife signoff, a much higher bar). But it is not correct to describe this as “good.”

View attachment 847054

One thing I've noticed about your posts is that you never talk about all the collisions that FSD beta avoids. A human driver could have crashed at least a dozen times during that drive.

One thing I've noticed about your posts is that you never talk about all the collisions that FSD beta avoids. A human driver could have crashed at least a dozen times during that drive.
True. I also have to think about the accidents that it failed to create.

I’ll give this topic some thought before posting in future. This should please everyone watching this thread, I imagine.

True. I also have to think about the accidents that it failed to create.

I’ll give this topic some thought before posting in future. This should please everyone watching this thread, I imagine.
I think if you grade each individual action the car takes you will find that it achieves greater than 90% success which is an A.
Since the car is doing the driving this means 90%+ of human errors are eliminated, a phenomenal improvement in safety.

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I've seen people say that FSD beta will only go straight, but that is somewhat correct. It will in fact do as you say.... make turns. HOWEVER, it isn't taking you to your home on purpose. Most likely, your home is in the direction of major streets. FSD beta will tend (in general) go toward the major streets. I've gotten it to do that several times on previous betas and especially on the .69. I can activate FSD at my home without a destination and it will make turns and get me to the main Pyramid Hwy about 3 miles away. Sort of spooky as if it knows where I want to go. Once on the main road, it just goes straight.
I'll have to try it again, but the first LT was from a State highway to a rural unlined road. The more that I think about this, it makes sense to always have FSD beta phone home.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Look at this creep limit (?)!
2f346e09-c1fb-4876-9c7a-3384e35f54fc-png.847054

It's drawing both the creep limit / wall as well as the median crossover region. The former is probably fine while the latter is quite wrong as the "median" is just the painted yellow lines that actually curve with the road indicating the region is currently expected to be something like a quadrilateral. Hopefully if it did believe it was a median crossover region, it would have figured out that there isn't enough space to safely wait there.

2f346e09-c1fb-4876-9c7a-3384e35f54fc-png.847054

It's drawing both the creep limit / wall as well as the median crossover region. The former is probably fine while the latter is quite wrong as the "median" is just the painted yellow lines that actually curve with the road indicating the region is currently expected to be something like a quadrilateral. Hopefully if it did believe it was a median crossover region, it would have figured out that there isn't enough space to safely wait there.
Yes, I thought it might be that, though it obviously made no sense. It was also very brief - but we know that the car will instantly respond to brief changes in the perceived environment (and planning).

I didn't reply to this earlier ... we can't really talk about a release being "good" in absolute terms.

To me release is "good" if it improves upon the earlier release in some meaningful ways without causing too many new issues.

Specifically, we'll know its good if disengagement rate decreases. Unfortunately - Tesla doesn't publish that. We'll have to just be content with crowd-sourcing. I'll be doing my usual recording and collect stats over the next month to come to a conclusion (for me).

Looks good to me

we can't really talk about a release being "good" in absolute terms.

Yes I agree that is not a good idea! I thought about mentioning that!

I think it is best to focus on specific examples of capabilities or demonstrated lack thereof, without assigning broad non-specific statements about “good” or “bad.”

The capabilities will largely determine the overall disengagement rate, at the current time. They will also determine usability.