Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course I have the download queued now that I left the state and my car is at the airport parking lot.

Speaking of which, I’m noticing around 3-4% phantom drain in just 6 hours which is insane. Cabin overheat protection and sentry mode are both off. Anyone else notice high phantom drain in 12.3.20 or any other theories on why such high phantom drain?

Of course I have the download queued now that I left the state and my car is at the airport parking lot.

Speaking of which, I’m noticing around 3-4% phantom drain in just 6 hours which is insane. Cabin overheat protection and sentry mode are both off. Anyone else notice high phantom drain in 12.3.20 or any other theories on why such high phantom drain?
Not that significant. Also pretty ballsy parking at the airport and turning off sentry mode lol.

Biggest challenge with wide release will be fsd "newbies":

I would be 87% more satisfied if everyone would hold the steering wheel ALL the time, there is no reason NOT to hold the wheel. Especially on a bridge with oncoming traffic and the wheel doesn't need to turn much and the consequences of a deviation are severe. In fact hold the wheel all the time, FSD Beta or not.

And leave the distracted screen touching and nattering until you get home and can record a commentary track.

We have seen so many distracted behaviors, even Chuck who is ostensibly a responsible airline pilot is spending so much time messing with the screen and not looking at the road while driving that he's failing to pay attention to the road; pedestrian in crosswalk, car accelerating when he admits he himself has obstructed views. WATCH the damn road, that's all you have to do. Talk about it when you get home. I don't care who you are, you CANNOT drive safely while watching the FSD Beta screen, narrating your video, and trying to apply critical thinking to what just happened thirty seconds ago. I know people think they can do it all, but they are wrong. Watch any professional bus driver, Waymo safety driver, race car driver, even trained professionals cannot do all that while nattering to the video, and professionals DO NOT do this. These FSD Beta drivers aren't even trained, nor are they professionals.

IMO Tesla should abolish hands-off-wheel time and just mandate it should be held all the time. Also don't allow all the playing with the screen, rotating and zooming the view. It's so unsafe and easily prevented.

No hands on wheel, two lanes oncoming traffic, guardrail on right.
Hands1.png

Hold the wheel, watch the road, stop messing with the distraction screen.
Hands2.png

Quick impressions on a first outing of 9 minutes, 5 miles.

One huge demerit. On a 20 mph curvy lane with a center line I travel leaving my house daily, it announced it was changing lanes to follow the route, and painted the opposite side blue. When the steering started actually doing it I seized control.

One change that is half good/half bad. At a really screwy right turn on red after stop situation that has its own private separated piece of pavement, the previous release of FSDb would go through at a moderate speed without actually stopping, with the red light fully active. Today it stopped, but then did not resume. I was in the process of nudging it with the accelerator when I got an irate honk. Now I'll know and be quicker to nudge harder.

Big plus: an intersection that grows a new lane that is clearly marked as right turn only, which the previous release routinely changed lanes to get in the wrong place, the car went right through without hesitation in the correct place. So score one improvement in the repeating bad lane choice category.

It navigated a residential side street with no center line quite well. It edged over just a good amount respecting a pedestrian on my side. I felt sure it would have gone further or stopped had he done something stupid.

Big plus: Low-speed sharp turns were materially smoother than before. Not perfect, but for one that is the last turn before my house which I've taken dozens of times before (and has always been awful), it was outside the previous distribution on the smooth side. Others were smoother than I expected from previous experience. It will be less embarrassing to show this version to a passenger.

It’s curious that they pushed to a new big batch even as Elon says 69.2 comes in a week.

Not for me though.

Maybe they will push to 30%…. like one earlier release.
Same, nothing for me either.

Dumb question - if the numbers spike and then level off on Teslafi (as they have now done) and you don't see a notification for your car, is it safe to assume you weren't in this batch? I believe all the statuses on Teslafi that add up to the 'pending' number (Downloading, Waiting for Wifi Connection, Installing, Ready to Install, Scheduled to Install) should correspond with a notification in the app.

Basically trying to decide whether to keep checking my Tesla app today lol

Reactions: GranularHail
We've had heavy rain during the past two days, so today is the first day that I was able to test 10.69.1.1. Turns in general are smoother and ULTs and URTs specifically benefit greatly from this update. I did experience one complete screw up where the car completely missed a bear right and I had to disengage at the last minute to make the turn. This issue isn't entirely baffling, even though the car has never missed this turn before. The target road was recently paved and has no lines ATM. I'm not sure why this happened, but I won't check it again until they paint back the lines. I might also try a two button reboot.

Maybe they will push to 30%…. like one earlier release
Looks like almost 800 pending/installed on TeslaFi out of ~3300 with any FSD Beta software, so it's nearly a 25% rollout so far. Do we have a sense of how long between batches? Although with the upcoming 10.69.2, would Tesla get closer to 100% existing testers with 10.69.1.1 to follow up with another wide rollout? The update seems to require WiFi, so it's not really a potential cost issue of pushing multiple GB updates over LTE anymore now with 100k+ vehicles.

Same, nothing for me either.

Dumb question - if the numbers spike and then level off on Teslafi (as they have now done) and you don't see a notification for your car, is it safe to assume you weren't in this batch? I believe all the statuses on Teslafi that add up to the 'pending' number (Downloading, Waiting for Wifi Connection, Installing, Ready to Install, Scheduled to Install) should correspond with a notification in the app.

Basically trying to decide whether to keep checking my Tesla app today lol
I was sent a text message today informing me the update was ready, and i don't think my app was running at the time.

• Informative
Reactions: GranularHail
Looks like almost 800 pending/installed on TeslaFi out of ~3300 with any FSD Beta software, so it's nearly a 25% rollout so far. Do we have a sense of how long between batches? Although with the upcoming 10.69.2, would Tesla get closer to 100% existing testers with 10.69.1.1 to follow up with another wide rollout? The update seems to require WiFi, so it's not really a potential cost issue of pushing multiple GB updates over LTE anymore now with 100k+ vehicles.
TURN THE MACHINES BACK ON!!!

Downloading here too, hell must’ve frozen over
I haven’t been over to Tampa with it yet but am anxious to see how it does taking me across the causeway this weekend. 2 days now back and forth across Orlando on the side roads and no disengagements. I have to prod it across some intersections with that ridiculously cautious auto creep mode, but it’s a huge improvement.