Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 10.69.1.1 earlier this afternoon on my refresh 2022 MSLR. I did dual scroll wheel reset and went for my drive. Some improvements and some mishaps.
-The car made smooth lane transfers and did not make abrupt lane changes.
-The car moved very fast and abruptly stops for the red light in the line and scared the pedestrians on the cross walk in my urban area. This abrupt stop occurred on 3 or 4 occasions.
-In my neighborhood streets with cars on the opposite narrow lane my car made a very wide right turn and would have hit the other car if I did not disengage it.
Tomorrow I am going to do couple of other trips where it made mistakes always to see if there are any improvements.
Also, I noticed that as per the release notes I am supposed to video record and send it right away. But I did not see any button for that. Does anyone know where is that option? All I see is my dashcam record button. See the attached release notes. Thx.
PXL_20220907_003934489~2.jpg

I'm normally pretty bullish on FSD but this release has been really disappointing. On my incredibly short 1.5 mile commute home FSD:

• Tried to run 2 clearly red lights (no greens in view of the cameras)
  • Took a full 10 seconds to reach 29mph after each of the 5 stop signs.
  • Veered into the bike line when the road slightly curved then jerked back into the lane
  • Crept completely into a very visible intersection (blocking both directions if cars were there) then floored it to complete the turn
  • Didn't slow down at any speed bumps, used to do this fine
  • Chickened out of a simple right on green causing cars behind to brake hard.
This drive had probably 8 disengagements, it's normally about 2. 10.12.2 was much better for me, I've already recalibrated the cameras with no improvement.

Last edited:
This finally fixed the few issues I had around house. It no longer stops when the oncoming lane has a STOP painted in the road and it also found the road across the street that wasn't straight. However, it still turns on the left blinker when going across the street so scares the cars to my left making left. Overall I have faith in FSD again. It made some small improvements but still not useful for me. It stops at T intersections too long. Even without stop signs it'll take 8 to 10 seconds to make a turn as it peeks all around.

I have done very little FSD at night. On the previous release I recently did a night drive, and going up one 5-mile road had two forced disengagements of the (I'm using approximate language) "cabin camera is obstructed or malfunctioning--discontinuing FSD service) type.

Tonight, with the recently installed new 10.69.1.1 software, I got this message on the same road, but also on the Interstate before it. So if my problem is a tuning issue between the normal capabilities of the hardware and the expectations of the software, this release did not fix it, and may have made it worse.

Or, just maybe, my car has a real hardware fault. How does the cabin camera see my eyes at night? Does it perchance use an IR illuminator to supplement available light? Could it be as simple as that my new in March 2022 has a born dead IR illuminator, which does not matter except for this?

But I did not see any button for that. Does anyone know where is that option?
It's hidden in a submenu for Model S. It's there somewhere! Not very convenient for you.

Here's a fun link to jerky slowing down that should be near and dear to everyone's hearts. Not strictly speaking FSD Beta City Streets, though it does transition to FSD Beta City Streets at the end, and continues to do the same thing. Just keep an eye on that regen bar!

The correct behavior is to have gradually increasing regen bar to a maximum, and then gradually monotonically ease off the regen. I am not sure what is so hard about this for Tesla. Why would you ever want to apply power? This is going up a hill, with ample kinetic energy to make it to the top. In any case maybe eventually their control loop modifications will eliminate this problem. We can hope!

And no, I'm not touching the accelerator here, until the very last second or so of the video (it was going to slow down too much at that point).

I'll get more examples and leave my foot clearly off the accelerator and brake. Though I guess only a few people are still claiming this is somehow no problem. The thicker regen bar is good for showing this in more clearly in videos now.

Last edited:
Do you think the replacement started with Karpathy's leave? Although I have my doubts on how much can actually be replaced and potentially instead a merging down the line.
Based on nothing but my suspicion, yes I think the two are (perhaps indirectly) related. The talk on the occupancy network had one oblique reference that hinted at disagreements internally that the ON could replace (and be better than) the priori networks for moving objects only (which was AK's focus area). I would guess (purely a guess) that AK become a bit locked into his earlier design and hung onto it as others moved on to other more promising approaches, eventually leading to a shift away from his direction. This kind of thing is not uncommon in these leading edge development efforts.

Which book?
The book of life. Anyone who is paying anything attention to Tech rather than just living in the Tesla bubble would know that Google created the first NPU AI Training chip in 2015 called the TPU and are at v4 right now. Elon like claiming "first" in everything, which his fanatics @MrTemple blinding regurgitate. Which is like being a flat earther.

Reactions: ZeApelido
Repeat after me: it's random.
I have what may be a plausible reason some like me don't get early releases.

Have a theory as to why I’m always getting the Beta near the end of the line. I don’t have WiFi and I’m thinking Tesla only wants people who’s cars regularly connect to WiFi to send back Snapshot data (conjecture: no WiFi, no Snapshot data to Tesla). Near the beginning of a Beta release it is important for Tesla to gather safety data and since I’m probably not a contributor I’m excluded until the release is deemed more stable. While I religiously press the Snapshot button I suspect since I don’t have a regular WiFi connection that pushing the button is just placebo effect.

So maybe it is random BUT only for people who connect to WiFi regularly.

Did anyone without a regular WiFi connection receive 69.1.1?

Last edited:
Of course I have the download queued now that I left the state and my car is at the airport parking lot.

Speaking of which, I’m noticing around 3-4% phantom drain in just 6 hours which is insane. Cabin overheat protection and sentry mode are both off. Anyone else notice high phantom drain in 12.3.20 or any other theories on why such high phantom drain?
I used to leave both sentry (exclude home)and cabin temperature protection on in my garage, but since the FSD beta, it's been draining about 1 mile/hr. Temperature in garage should never exceed 105. Right now, I tuned both off to prevent crazy draining. I am out this week and the temperature is also much cooler, will be interesting to see how much it drains in extended period and I am not checking it on app until I return.

Here's a fun link to jerky slowing down that should be near and dear to everyone's hearts. Not strictly speaking FSD Beta City Streets, though it does transition to FSD Beta City Streets at the end, and continues to do the same thing. Just keep an eye on that regen bar!

The correct behavior is to have gradually increasing regen bar to a maximum, and then gradually monotonically ease off the regen. I am not sure what is so hard about this for Tesla. Why would you ever want to apply power? This is going up a hill, with ample kinetic energy to make it to the top. In any case maybe eventually their control loop modifications will eliminate this problem. We can hope!

And no, I'm not touching the accelerator here, until the very last second or so of the video (it was going to slow down too much at that point).

I'll get more examples and leave my foot clearly off the accelerator and brake. Though I guess only a few people are still claiming this is somehow no problem. The thicker regen bar is good for showing this in more clearly in videos now.
While improving the use of regen is a valid goal I'd probably rank it close to the bottom of items that need improvement.

bleh, i used full selfdriving most of my drive today...since it worked a lot better and I didn't have to disengage it a lot in my neighborhood, I missed out on taking quite a few low speed turns this morning. As a result, my safety score suffered....score of 94 this morning as opposed to my typical 99 or 100 for my morning drive.

bleh, i used full selfdriving most of my drive today...since it worked a lot better and I didn't have to disengage it a lot in my neighborhood, I missed out on taking quite a few low speed turns this morning. As a result, my safety score suffered....score of 94 this morning as opposed to my typical 99 or 100 for my morning drive.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but miles driving on FSDb don't count towards your safety score negatively. (In other words, they only help your score, they can't hurt it.) I drive 90% of my miles on AP/FSD...on the days I stick to 99% of miles on AP/FSD, I almost always score a 100. On the days I disengage a lot, my score suffers.

(For those confused, this is for those FSDb users who also have Tesla Insurance.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but miles driving on FSDb don't count towards your safety score negatively. (In other words, they only help your score, they can't hurt it.) I drive 90% of my miles on AP/FSD...on the days I stick to 99% of miles on AP/FSD, I almost always score a 100.

(For those confused, this is for those FSDb users who also have Tesla Insurance.)
You are correct...but missing out on "safe" driving because you are in FSD/AP mode can hurt your score by magnifying the "unsafe" aspects of your driving. If you miss out on doing a bunch of safe driving because your are AP/FSD most of the time, and then do one or two "bad turns" when you don't have FSD/AP engaged, then your score would be worse than what it could have been if you had not used AP/FSD at all.

Have a theory as to why I’m always getting the Beta near the end of the line. I don’t have WiFi and I’m thinking Tesla only wants people who’s cars regularly connect to WiFi to send back Snapshot data (conjecture: no WiFi, no Snapshot data to Tesla). Near the beginning of a Beta release it is important for Tesla to gather safety data and since I’m probably not a contributor I’m excluded until the release is deemed more stable. While I religiously press the Snapshot button I suspect since I don’t have a regular WiFi connection that pushing the button is just placebo effect.

While this is a fine and testable theory, a far more likely theory is that, due to the fact that 90% of FSD beta users are the "last" to get the update, you're just in that 90% most of the time.

I don't have a regular WiFi connection and I received 69.1.1 last night. To download, I had to park my car halfway into my garage and move my wifi repeater so I could get a good enough signal to download.

Did some more driving last night. While it is more confident that also seems to lead to more sudden acceleration while creeping. My wife said this is the first beta she actually hates because it creeps, creeps, GO.

Still strange lane choices and random slowdowns at nothing but this is the first time it respected it's lane when I was the inside lane of a 2 lane left turn that isn't identified by the map as being such so that was a positive

Last edited: