Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloading now. As I was heading home from work this morning using FSD 10.12 I noticed how there are definitely some areas that it initially had problems with and (almost) always gets right now. I don’t know if this is from updated navigation data, neural net training or something else, but overall it’s definitely better than it was when I first downloaded it. We’ll have to see how 69.2 does in that regard.

My first impressions are mixed.
I was pleased and surprised that it corrected an issue where it consistently wouldn’t change into the turning lane to get onto the highway. I had assumed that was a mapping issue.
It also smoothed out a turn in my neighborhood where it always jerked back and forth to avoid a man-hole cover(?).
The bad news is that it aborted mid-turn on a UPL. I hadn’t experienced that before. I’ll have to try that one again since another car aggressively made a right turn into the intersection as I was making my left.

Just did a 10 mile test loop. Almost no jerkiness at all and only where it made sense. Creeping out with cars approaching, etc. Driving on unmarked residential roads is much better. Although it did seem to drift so that the drivers side (USA) was dead on in the center of the lane. Even when it was in the correct position, after traversing a speed hump it would start at center then drift back to the edges. I probably crossed 10 speed humps. It saw 7 of them. One it just never slowed down for, one was coming out of a curve with limited sight, the last was just behind a parked enclosed trailer. I’d say that is improved. In the past, it tore through most of them. We have a left turn that FSDb has never been able to do. Forced left at a light but the lane you turn into is much wider in case someone from the other direction is making a u-turn. In the past, it got stuck there 100% of the time. It handles it perfectly and exactly how I‘d navigate. One other note, pulling into traffic, it was creeping and I said let’s see what it will do with an oncoming car. Just when I was about to say I wouldn’t go, it took off. I then immediately thought “man I’d…” and the car accelerated like I would; given the distance. I thought it handled that very well. It also handled a stop sign on a tough angle perfectly. The old version would usually freak out there and I’d have to take over. Zero disengagements. Low stress and done with lunch traffic. One oddity, When swiping on the destination bar, it no longer takes me “home”. It kept asking for a work destination. Will have to see if I still have that enabled. Suspect that is because I no longer commute to an office. Just odd it always worked to go home up until now.

My first impressions are mixed.
I was pleased and surprised that it corrected an issue where it consistently wouldn’t change into the turning lane to get onto the highway. I had assumed that was a mapping issue.
It also smoothed out a turn in my neighborhood where it always jerked back and forth to avoid a man-hole cover(?).
The bad news is that it aborted mid-turn on a UPL. I hadn’t experienced that before. I’ll have to try that one again since another car aggressively made a right turn into the intersection as I was making my left.
I only took it on a 15 minute drive at 1am so far. It seemed to have fixed a bug I was having where the car used to change into a parking lane on a main road near my house before making the turn onto my street. The parking lane used to be a driving lane, but 99% of the time it would think it was driveable and use the last “no parking” white line trapezoid by my street as a turning lane - which it “technically” isn’t (see photo). Idk if it was just that drive or not yet.

54A0AB5D-5676-4C6E-9A88-E46FBE956F14.jpeg

It has certainly introduced a couple of weird new bugs, and I did have to disengage once when I thought it was about to run a red light going forward after a short stop before the crosswalk

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
First drive. It felt better than past versions in terms of less jerk, and yet it feels like the car got a lot more conservative. More braking for oncoming cars when there's no danger, on both marked and unmarked roads.

One thing I hadn't seen mentioned so far is phantom turn signals. In the past, we've known about the car using the turn signal when a road bends 90 degrees. I'm now seeing this on non-residential roads with less than 90 degree curves. When there's a sharp bend, the turn signal comes on in the direction of the turn. Usually 2 blinks and it goes away.

Unfortunately this behavior is super annoying to me because unlike most other things, I can override and not look like an idiot to other cars. With phantom turn signals, you are forced to look like an idiot no matter what.

you guys!! omg you guys!!!

I got the update and drove through my usual routes for 40 minutes this morning, and omg

It might be time for the DarkForest Shill Era because this release is 🔥🔥🔥

Ok, so. It didn't fix everything (obv). There's still some jerky turns, some confusion on what's a drivable lane, etc. But, the drive was so damn smooth. Keep in mind I use FSDb for almost all of my daily driving including neighborhoods and such (no parking lots, tho), so we're talking well above 95% of my driving and seeing the same darn issues every single day.

Stuff the new version improved:
  1. smoother driving in general including smoother starts, accelerations, and stops (basically smoother (de)acceleration curves)
  2. less jerky lateral movements (still present on some turns, but improved hardcore)
  3. when turning onto an arterial road, doesn't accelerate like crazy like it used to
  4. turning signals activated much sooner than before
  5. if it wants to change lanes and someone's in the way, it doesn't activate its turn signal immediately like it used to. Instead, it highlights the lane in blue to let the driver know it wants to get into that lane, and as soon as the other vehicle is out of the way, it activates the turn signal and changes lane
  6. much smoother and more confident when driving around my neighborhood
  7. creep bar was really handy in some scenarios where I wasn't sure how far it would go
  8. no longer hugging the right edge of a wide unmarked road near my house
  9. when it did make a mistake, it was handled way better (e.g. instead of jerking hard to get out of the wrong lane, it just smoothly got into the correct lane in hopes that no one saw haha)
  10. potential improvement or a bug: the previous version couldn't see through fences at all and would need to creep into an intersection to see past it. This one didn't need to creep at all. Hopefully it's because it can now see through the fence and it's not because it just hopes that everyone would correctly stop at the stop sign

I probably crossed 10 speed humps. It saw 7 of them. One it just never slowed down for, one was coming out of a curve with limited sight, the last was just behind a parked enclosed trailer. I’d say that is improved. In the past, it tore through most of them.
On thought/question... are your speed bumps marked with yellow paint? Reason I ask is that in our area we have some speed bumps that are not marked and some that have a yellow line painted on each side of the bump. For me on .2, the car goes slower of the painted ones, but seems to ignore the non-painted one. BUT, that could also be just a coincidence. I'm not concluding that it recognizes the painted bumps.

First drive. It felt better than past versions in terms of less jerk, and yet it feels like the car got a lot more conservative. More braking for oncoming cars when there's no danger, on both marked and unmarked roads.

One thing I hadn't seen mentioned so far is phantom turn signals. In the past, we've known about the car using the turn signal when a road bends 90 degrees. I'm now seeing this on non-residential roads with less than 90 degree curves. When there's a sharp bend, the turn signal comes on in the direction of the turn. Usually 2 blinks and it goes away.

Unfortunately this behavior is super annoying to me because unlike most other things, I can override and not look like an idiot to other cars. With phantom turn signals, you are forced to look like an idiot no matter what.
Phantom turn signals are definitely still a thing, gonna try and do some ride share drives today, which should highlight a lot more bugs for me than me just picking where to go 😝

Reactions: DarkForest