Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the interstate, the new FSDb is strange. It signals to get into the left lane although no one was anywhere close to me in the right lane. Then it moved to the left lane and immediately signaled right again and went back over. The person behind me must have thought I was drunk.

Turns were much better than ever before and a traffic circle was not smooth so I intervened. I am continuing to test but need more highway time.

Last edited:
I just received access to FSDb for the first time (10.69.3.3) and wanted to share my initial impressions. Driving a 2023 MYP I purchased last month.

Overall, I was surprised at how competent FSD feels. I was prepared for a bad experience given many of the issues I’ve read about here. And while it’s not perfect, and needs active supervision, the occasions that required intervention were infrequent and for the most part, understandable. Over several hours of suburban + urban routes this weekend, I was really impressed. Things that stood out:

Lane keeping and spacing was smooth and consistent. Even on curvy roads, I felt it adjusted appropriately and rarely needed monitoring. On busier city streets (I’m near Washington, DC) it was cautious and felt safe.

Lane changes/decisions were mostly smooth. At times it would signal incorrectly (not reading turn lanes properly, for example) but would correct the mistake. Always felt comfortable making lane changes in traffic, even in DC. Only tried one roundabout, seemed fine but there wasn’t much traffic.

Stop signs, red lights, and blinking yellows are approached slower than I would. On occasion I needed to add some acceleration, but once I got used to FSD’s pace at lights/signs, it wasn’t a big deal. More people should probably drive like this. Same with a couple turns, but the majority were smooth with appropriate speed.

Unprotected lefts I tried were all successful. I wasn’t in rush hour traffic, but plenty of decisions with oncoming cars that were made flawlessly. When acceleration was needed to make a gap, it hit the pedal.

Right turn on red was hit or miss. Sometimes it would approach, creep, and turn flawlessly, other times it wouldn’t attempt.

Map and nav data seem to be inconsistent. This was the primary reason for the few takeovers I had (particularly in DC) - not getting into a known exit/turn lane, missing a lane change until it was too late. Most of the time it appeared the map/visualization just missed it, rather than the car not acting fast enough.

I can feel a real difference between NOA and FSD. NOA is clunkier and less predictable, and can be really annoying on certain highways. FSD felt smooth and confident in comparison.

No real phantom braking. The only time it slowed down unexpectedly was speed limit changes (a couple I think were incorrect from bad map data), pedestrians (handled flawlessly but slower than I would), emergency vehicles (was on other side of road, didn’t need to slow in my lane), and one place where it anticipated a highway merge too early. Other than that braking was consistent and smooth.

My only other takeovers were a couple lane changes in DC where markings were messed up and/or shifted based on construction. Handled regular construction obstacles well.

All in all, I was really impressed. The shortcomings seem to be narrower than I was expecting, and in many ways potentially solvable. I’m looking forward to testing more and excited about what v11 might bring. Thanks for coming to my TED talk, lol.

@hawkin94 i too am new at FSDb. It’s weird, some areas I thought would be simple, I had to take over, other very complicated scenarios were handled amazingly well.

We are far from true FSD but I can’t imagine how complicated it is to even get this far with this tech. There is a lot going on.

Totally agree that there is a nav/map issue discrepancy.

Reactions: hawkin94
On the interstate, the new FSDb is strange. It signals to get into the left lane although no one was anywhere close to me in the right lane. Then it moved to the left lane and immediately signaled right again and went back over. The person behind me must have thought I was drunk.

Turns were much better than ever before and a traffic circle was not smooth so I intervened. I am continuing to test but need more highway time.
Interstate is not FSD. It is old NOA/AP.

Whatever map data they use sucks.

Or maybe they suck at reading it… idk
When it comes to turn lanes, I believe the car is not using map data. I think Tesla is trying to select lanes by vision alone. I noticed that turn lane avoidance was improving pretty well for me until 10.69.3.1, where it has gone back to favoring them again. Very frustrating. It's the main reason I have for disconnects now.

Fun new thing I discovered. Maybe not related to 10.69 per se. It’s apparently possible to close your door enough to trip one sensor that detects the closed door but also not close it enough to allow AP to activate. Even tried rebooting the computer and toggling auto steer with no luck. Didn’t realize the car considered one of the doors ajar until I got home and the thing refused to lock.

When it comes to turn lanes, I believe the car is not using map data. I think Tesla is trying to select lanes by vision alone. I noticed that turn lane avoidance was improving pretty well for me until 10.69.3.1, where it has gone back to favoring them again. Very frustrating. It's the main reason I have for disconnects now.
same here - ridiculous lane selection is my primary disengage right now.
What is most infuriating is that the first I know its planning on doing something stupid is that is lets all the other drivers know before me, so I just look like some random drunk.

Didn’t realize the car considered one of the doors ajar until I got home and the thing refused to lock.

This has happened twice to me now and I was beginning to think I had a bad sensor or something. No indication in the car of a door open.

Good to hear another report.

I never figured out which door it was. Just went around and reclosed them all and they all looked fine. Then it started working.

I wonder whether FSD loses the state of the door and the door state has to be toggled to restore it. Meaning everything was closed correctly, but FSD was not going to recheck the door state, but remained convinced a door was open. Reset does not fix it though.

Seems like a bug. 10.69.3.1

Reactions: thewishmaster
Looks like 40.4.10 is drying up and not going to all Beta users pre holiday. Checked first thing and didn't get. So the suspense and enigma continues. Will we have to wait until 12/24 at the end of the 24th hour to find out if we get more sex (69) or some strange highway 11 love? 🤔 Guess it is still "Hurry up and wait" for us Betaers.🤬
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 6.32.19 AM.png

Maybe we should start a Tweeter pole since Elon abides by them (although he may be fired before competed 🤞🤞🤞 )

Should the Beta testers get the holiday update:

Today with 10.69.x or
Next "week or so" with V11

Let "Vox Populi, Vox Dei" and most important the bots rule.

Related: Is Whole Mars Playing with fire?

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 6.39.32 AM.png

same here - ridiculous lane selection is my primary disengage right now.
What is most infuriating is that the first I know its planning on doing something stupid is that is lets all the other drivers know before me, so I just look like some random drunk.
Tweeted multiple times to Elon asking if there could be a verbose mode toggle added to display a couple lines on the screen about what the car is thinking and planning on doing (kind of how it does now with creeping forward to check traffic, etc).

He said he’ll get back to me after he gets back from getting milk….. wonder if he met my dad at the store….

• Funny
Reactions: LSDTester#1
Looks like 40.4.10 is drying up and not going to all Beta users pre holiday. Checked first thing and didn't get. So the suspense and enigma continues. Will we have to wait until 12/24 at the end of the 24th hour to find out if we get more sex (69) or some strange highway 11 love? 🤔 Guess it is still "Hurry up and wait" for us Betaers.🤬
View attachment 886722

Maybe we should start a Tweeter pole since Elon abides by them (although he may be fired before competed 🤞🤞🤞 )

Today with 10.69.x or

View attachment 886721
Omar eats so much Elon ass, it’s borderline nauseating to watch.

Fun new thing I discovered. Maybe not related to 10.69 per se. It’s apparently possible to close your door enough to trip one sensor that detects the closed door but also not close it enough to allow AP to activate. Even tried rebooting the computer and toggling auto steer with no luck. Didn’t realize the car considered one of the doors ajar until I got home and the thing refused to lock.

This has happened twice to me now and I was beginning to think I had a bad sensor or something. No indication in the car of a door open.

Good to hear another report.

I never figured out which door it was. Just went around and reclosed them all and they all looked fine. Then it started working.

I wonder whether FSD loses the state of the door and the door state has to be toggled to restore it. Meaning everything was closed correctly, but FSD was not going to recheck the door state, but remained convinced a door was open. Reset does not fix it though.

Seems like a bug. 10.69.3.1
I had the exact same thing happen 2 days ago - got a cryptic ‘cruise control unavailable‘ message with a link to the manual that gave a bunch of possible reasons. Did a 2 button reset when I got to my destination and it worked on the next trip, but all of the doors had also been opened and closed, too, so I can’t say what it was that fixed it.

I agree with @Ramphex - it would be really helpful if the car would actually say ‘rear passenger door not fully closed. TACC unavailable.’

Is there anything definitively different with 69.3.3? Comments to date appear largely subjective. I don't recall seeing anything new. I'm not sure we don't have 69.3.1 code redeployed, perhaps for the sake of saying "we released something for the holidays".

Elon wouldn't do that - right??? 🤷

Reactions: gsmith123
Is there anything definitively different with 69.3.3? Comments to date appear largely subjective. I don't recall seeing anything new. I'm not sure we don't have 69.3.1 code redeployed, perhaps for the sake of saying "we released something for the holidays".

Elon wouldn't do that - right??? 🤷

That would make sense if they slapped 10.69.3.3 on the 2022.44 branch and called it the holiday update. But the fact that 10.69.3.3 is on 2022.40, and no cars with FSD Beta have received the holiday update yet means we know for a fact that they're planning at least one additional FSD Beta update this month.

Whether or not it's actually delivered this month remains to be seen.

View attachment 886722

Today with 10.69.x or

View attachment 886721
OMG - that’s too funny! Yeah, Omar’s gonna get his most favored shill status revoked!

Apparently he lost a poll asking whether he should remain on as Twitter CED 57.5%/42.5%. Hopefully he abides by that, except he honestly seems to be getting more and more unbalanced so I’m not sure if him spending more time at Tesla would be good or not.

I had the exact same thing happen 2 days ago - got a cryptic ‘cruise control unavailable‘ message with a link to the manual that gave a bunch of possible reasons. Did a 2 button reset when I got to my destination and it worked on the next trip, but all of the doors had also been opened and closed, too, so I can’t say what it was that fixed it.

I agree with @Ramphex - it would be really helpful if the car would actually say ‘rear passenger door not fully closed. TACC unavailable.’
It would be nice to get more information about what the car is doing, but really when those messages appear for me I'm spending more time looking out of the windshield and not at the display.
Its one of the few times that I think "wow, this really is a stupid place for a primary/only display" - before I go back to looking at what FSDb is about to drive me into. :cool:

It would be nice to get more information about what the car is doing, but really when those messages appear for me I'm spending more time looking out of the windshield and not at the display.
Its one of the few times that I think "wow, this really is a stupid place for a primary/only display" - before I go back to looking at what FSDb is about to drive me into. :cool:
Well, since FSD and TACC were disabled I was definitely spending my time looking out the windshield! Once I studied the screen closer, but yeah, having messages in tiny print at the bottom of the screen is another example of poor UI design.