Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:

Nice drive with Omar. Only bigger mistake was with cyclists being too cautious and stopping in his way.
He is a tool. I had to stop watching after the careless maneuver in front of the upset bicyclist. Anyone using FSDb like that needs to be removed from the FSDb user list.

In the first 3 minutes there were several issues. Coming close to cutting off a motorcyclist, 4 erroneous turn signals, coming too close to the SUV bike rack, and the bicyclist snafu. Things are falling apart nicely.

Apparently you haven’t watched any of his videos clearly demonstrating repeated garbage performance in the simple low speed SF streets scenario.

Highway driving is genuinely pretty great with a couple glaring dealbreakers.

Biggest issue once on the freeway is the complete inability of the system to deal with cut-ins. It nearly invariably slams on the regen. It’s atrocious. Basically requires disengagement on every anticipated cut-in. It seems unable to predict when someone is going to change lanes. And it cannot even do it if they signal! There is zero response to a shift in positioning of other vehicles. Until they are in your lane, apparently.

And one time today at 70mph I had it veer inexplicably into an adjacent lane and tried to hit a pickup truck very roughly 100 feet ahead moving more slowly. Got some TeslaCam of that which I might look at at some point, very confused why I had to disengage and it caught me by surprise. I am not sure if it signaled and probably won’t ever know (it wasn’t dark) since I was not recording with the GoPro.

But anyway highway is pretty good, but just not bothering on surface streets with passengers since it is reliably embarrassing and awful. It’s fine to experiment with it when by myself; I don’t mind being slammed around since I am in control.

I didn’t. Ever since his shilling 0 take-over Elon (moderator edit) videos that don’t anyhow compare to my FSDb experiences, he lost all the credibility in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had some difficulty yesterday on a trip running 11.3.4. The problem was that it was actually pretty difficult to engage FSDb. Basically the little icon saying it was available kept flashing, only on for maybe a second or two at a time, then going off for a few. So I kind of had to time it (which took several tries).

FWIW - I did recently wash the car...

I have had the same thing a lot recently. Cannot engage FSD. I get the icon showing autosteer temporarily unavailable. No rhyme or reason as to why or where it happens. I can travel over the exact same spot and sometimes I can engage it, and other times I can't.

Like this?

Ever since his shilling 0 take-over Elon deepthroating videos that don’t anyhow compare to my FSDb experiences
As with most advertising, the videos themselves do not resemble the descriptions. They are just a comedy of herky jerk, slowness, and incompetent driving behavior. What’s actually a lot more remarkable is that people think they are “good drives.” But I guess people want to believe. No cognitive dissonance.

Even the guy with the British accent commented on how jerky it was.

Reactions: SSDTester#1
@AlanSubie4Life prime example of shill garbage. Where are his nags? He’s creating a false perception of what FSDb experience is to the general public that are not aware of his trickery.
No I don’t think so. The “get the f**k out of the way” as Omar nearly collides with a cyclist (who had right of way and I guess he and the car did not see - not 100% sure where the cyclist came from?) at 3:00 I think perfectly encapsulates the current FSDb experience. Best to tune out his commentary and focus on the drive.

The nag defeat is an irrelevant detail - the question is the driving quality (which is exceedingly poor as the video clearly demonstrates).

No I don’t think so. The “get the f**k out of the way” as Omar nearly collides with a cyclist at 3:00 I think perfectly encapsulates the current experience. Best to tune out his commentary and focus on the drive.

The nag defeat is an irrelevant detail - the question is the driving quality (which is exceedingly poor as the video clearly demonstrates).
I agree on your points, but also want to mention that his marketing shill tricks fool people into thinking they can drive hand-free by dropping a ton of money onto FSD and signing up for the beta. Not cool.

I'm in Europe so I can't 😟
But anyway my question was genuine. I don't see him touching the wheel or pedals.
That is the trickery. You CANNOT do that on FSDb without some sort of “sexy buttons” crap they sell, or other little gimmicky moves that he’s using to fool the general public watching that video.

• Helpful
Reactions: Matias
That is the trickery. You CANNOT do that on FSDb without some sort of “sexy buttons” crap they sell, or other little gimmicky moves that he’s using to fool the general public watching that video.
Ok. I was unaware of such cheat devices.

As with most advertising, the videos themselves do not resemble the descriptions. They are just a comedy of herky jerk, slowness, and incompetent driving behavior. What’s actually a lot more remarkable is that people think they are “good drives.” But I guess people want to believe. No cognitive dissonance.

Even the guy with the British accent commented on how jerky it was.
Or you have uberhuman standards for driving maybe? People tell me my Tesla has "trash build quality" all the time and I don't even know what "build quality" is. It's fine to me.