Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I normally hate when people keeps posting “I didn’t get it yet,” but I didn’t get it yet.

Just so we all know we are not alone.
I agree, we would probably have 50% fewer pages if people did not do it, especially if they do it daily. I used to block those that constantly do it, now I just do not read the post after a few words. No one cares if you just got or did not get the latest release.

So according to Teslafi, there are currently about 3700 vehicles on some version of 10.69, and about 1700 on 11.3 with around 250 pending installs.

If we assume most of the pending ones are for vehicles on 10.69.X, the tally would be ~3450 left on 10.69 and ~1950 on 11.3, so about 36% of all FSD beta would be on 11.3.

This tells me that Tesla is probably evaluating the performance of 11.3 a bit longer, given last weekend’s larger push, before rolling out 11.3.X to the rest of the current FSD Beta fleet.

Could be the same 11.3.3 or more likely a newer version, such as 11.3.4 in the next several days (probably this weekend).

C'mmon. As soon as you get the update you will take it for a drive and call DOA and not use it again. Whats difference would it make whether you get the update this week or next ? ;)

ps : @ChimpledPot disagreed with my post - so I guess they want to be the last ;)
I actually want the FSD to prove me wrong. That creates the excitement. The day it can use the brakes, or preferably regen, to stop without making me spill my coffee, is the day I’ll be excited.

I've only taken a few drives so far, but it seems like I only get one chance to provide voice feedback per drive. I'm not prompted on subsequent disengagements, whether or not I left feedback for the first or not.

FWIW I got the prompt for each time I disengaged, including providing feedback 3 separate times on the same drive

So according to Teslafi, there are currently about 3700 vehicles on some version of 10.69, and about 1700 on 11.3 with around 250 pending installs.

If we assume most of the pending ones are for vehicles on 10.69.X, the tally would be ~3450 left on 10.69 and ~1950 on 11.3, so about 36% of all FSD beta would be on 11.3.

This tells me that Tesla is probably evaluating the performance of 11.3 a bit longer, given last weekend’s larger push, before rolling out 11.3.X to the rest of the current FSD Beta fleet.

Could be the same 11.3.3 or more likely a newer version, such as 11.3.4 in the next several days (probably this weekend).
Well, what do you know…. People are now talking about 3.3 as potentially DOA and 3.4 may be up next, sometime in the future.

Well, what do you know…. People are now talking about 3.3 as potentially DOA and 3.4 may be up next, sometime in the future.
I didn’t say anything about DOA. The idea is to release one build to a small number of vehicles, see how it does for about a week, tweak it in another build and release that to more vehicles, see how it does, etc. All this talk about DOA is just FUD.

Went out to lunch and gave it another short spin. Still no regressions, all positive. The car really balked at a flashing yellow light for a left turn. Had to hit the gas and push through with all the traffic on my tail. Otherwise still all good, no disengagements yet.

In addition them changing the following stalk. they pop that up on the screen when you change it. It is also on the main screen. Above the setting was a check box. "Minimize lane changes" I turned that one real quick.

Reactions: FSDtester#1