Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Just leaving another day of Sun N Fun… wow… they single handedly one upped any other firework show I’ve ever seen, including Disney. Video will be coming later tonight.

Also downloading 45.13 as I’m driving home.

Can someone spark notes the last 4 pages from today? All my homies get the update?

@FSDtester#1 @PACEMD @Pdubs @WilliamG @jebinc @JulienW @EVNow

After all we have been through and no shade for me?

He hears the garbage truck a-comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend
And he ain't seen the sunshine
Since he don't know when
He's stuck in Folsom Prison
And time keeps draggin' on
But that garbage truck keeps a-rollin'
On down to San Antone
She sees the mailman a-comin'
He's drivin' up her street
And she ain't had a letter
Since she can't remember when they'd meet
She's stuck in her apartment
And time just seems to stall
But that mailman keeps a-comin'
Bringing junk mail, bills, and all.

First drive on 11.3.4. Very happy with it on the highway. No more five second delay between blinkers and lane change. That was my priority improvement. City streets felt smoother, but hard to detail. Just seemed better. But maybe after all the waiting, I wanted it to feel better.

City Streets had multiple cases where it moved into an incorrect turn lane if one was available just before a turn lane. On one occasion the car got into a right turn lane too early, recognized the problem and overcorrected by moving three lanes to the left, then, realized it still needed to turn right and crossed back over three lanes into the correct right turn lane. Fortunately, there was only one car well behind me, but had it been a cop, I'm sure I would have been doing a field sobriety test!

The multiple-lane change improvement did allow the car to make an entrance onto a tollway that it has never been able to do - at least once in a row.

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1