Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three new ones from Tesla Owners Silicon Valley....

...Another is it has several instances of "rolling stops" at Stop signs. The speedometer never goes below 5MPH at several Stop signso_O....
Confirmed it is rolling through Stop signs. 2ed video at Time Stamp 0:50 it rolls through at about 5MPH and he calls it a California Stop and hits the Report button.

Last edited:
Curving roads along Laurel & Cold Water Canyon - 2020.44.15.3 - 29 Nov 2020 - 38:07 - James Locke
A few thoughts after watching this.
  • Very impressive FSD drive overall.
  • There is no question that this version rolls through stop signs routinely.
  • Based on this and many other FSD videos it's also clear that this 5th beta version is much better than the previous versions and the pace of improvement seems to be accelerating.
  • There are still both basic things (rolling stops, meandering within lanes as Brandon demonstrated, turn signal anomalies, etc.) as well as unknown edge cases that still need to be solved.
  • It's seems that the basic functionality is there and this is very close to being ready for 'prime time'. That's pretty exciting in my opinion.
What do you think?

Last edited:
A few thoughts after watching this.
  • Very impressive FSD drive overall.
  • There is no question that this version rolls through stop signs routinely.
  • Based on this and many other FSD videos it's clear that this 5th beta version is much better than the previous versions and the pace of improvement seems to be accelerating.
  • There are still both basic things (rolling stops, meandering within lanes as Brandon demonstrated, etc.) as well as unknown edge cases that still need to be solved.
  • It's also clear that this is very close to being ready for 'prime time' and that's pretty exciting in my opinion.
What do you think?
Add signal light usage. Seems to come on when it shouldn't and doesn't always come on (or goes off) when actually making a turn.

Question for you all.

If we assume the FSD beta will not be in wide release for holiday update. (Elon's latest tweet seem to suggest that)

My question is will Tesla try to release the "rewrite" without the "FSD beta" to the wide release holiday update?

By "rewrite" I mean the core perception/tracking rewrite and new neural networks and other fundamental changes that result in better perception. However, not releasing the FSD features, I.e. city NoA turning at intersections, roundabouts, holistic path planning (vs lane keeping and not going outside lane)

I would hope that they do, so we have some update. However, some things give me pause. First, it may be a lot of extra dev work and validation to remove the FSD features from the rewrite branch, which they may not see as worth it if public FSD beta isn't too far away. But secondly, even if it's not a lot of extra dev work, just the core rewrite might not be validated enough / still has bugs that it's not ready for public release.

Question for you all.

If we assume the FSD beta will not be in wide release for holiday update. (Elon's latest tweet seem to suggest that)

My question is will Tesla try to release the "rewrite" without the "FSD beta" to the wide release holiday update?

By "rewrite" I mean the core perception/tracking rewrite and new neural networks and other fundamental changes that result in better perception. However, not releasing the FSD features, I.e. city NoA turning at intersections, roundabouts, holistic path planning (vs lane keeping and not going outside lane)

I would hope that they do, so we have some update. However, some things give me pause. First, it may be a lot of extra dev work and validation to remove the FSD features from the rewrite branch, which they may not see as worth it if public FSD beta isn't too far away. But secondly, even if it's not a lot of extra dev work, just the core rewrite might not be validated enough / still has bugs that it's not ready for public release.
Its possible - City NOA feature (and some others too) are probably configurable. They can either enable or disable those without affecting other functionality. They may even release some of the items requiring confirmation (like unprotected turns).

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one
They need to expand to all 50 states first, including nyc Manhattan.

Do they though? Right now you can autosteer, lane change, and traffic light control in NYC... it probably doesn't work great a lot of the time.. but I don't think Tesla ever explicitly tested these features in NYC before releasing them

They may even release some of the items requiring confirmation (like unprotected turns).

Or just all turns

2020.44.15.3 - Left Turn Yield On Green - 4:27 - Chuck Cook

FSD beta appeared to try to run two red lights in this vid. Not good, and the first time I’ve seen that in any vid, I think. It definitely was running a stop sign in another one of Mr Cook’s vids, also something I haven’t seen in other vids. He’s pretty much the new baseline for me since Brandon’s last vid was a pretty impressive increase in performance.

Reactions: n.one.one
FSD beta appeared to try to run two red lights in this vid. Not good, and the first time I’ve seen that in any vid, I think.

As he said in the video that was likely because he enabled FSD while at the red light, and using the stalk at a red light is giving your permission to proceed. It probably shouldn't take the enabled depresses as the confirmation to proceed as well, but that is likely a very easy fix.