Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Videos (and questions for FSD Beta drivers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know how AP behaves today if you only engage one or the other. For example, if you only engage TACC it will manage the vehicle's speed but will not steer. If you do the opposite it will steer but you have to manage speed.

How does it work with FSD? If you engage TACC only does it simply maintain speed? If you engage auto steer only does it only lane keep, or will it still make turns at intersections?

You can't enable just Autosteer. TACC is required, both now in the public builds and in the FSD builds.

https://twitter.com/vincent13031925/status/1333310525720039425
Vincent Tweet Screenshot 2020-12-01 131230.jpg

Reactions: Huskyf and mhan00
Anyone know why the pace of videos has slowed to a trickle since 2020.44.15.4 was released--after some promising very early videos, there's been very little? Any new restrictions on posting videos? Or am I just over-eager/greedy to be expecting a new video every few hours from at least one the dozen or two testers?

from reddit....

Elon Musk 'Extremely Confident' of Tesla Full Self-Driving Release in 2021 - TeslaNorth.com

wish we had more context.

Then I am wondering if the FSD beta does not come until 2H 2021... will Tesla release the rewrite to the fleet sometime before then? like this holiday?
Fully autonomous (Level 5) FSD is coming next year to some jurisdictions. Presumably to the ones that require no regulatory approval first (like Arizona and Florida). He doesn't say if the beta will be released to everyone before then. We'll see!

Reactions: Microterf
Anyone know why the pace of videos has slowed to a trickle since 2020.44.15.4 was released--after some promising very early videos, there's been very little? Any new restrictions on posting videos? Or am I just over-eager/greedy to be expecting a new video every few hours from at least one the dozen or two testers?
My view on this is that it's simply getting... boring. Take a look at Brandon's latest video. It's more of a conversation than a blow-by-blow action-packed video because the car is doing a significantly better job than it was in earlier releases. He's just kinda casually having a nice conversation with his viewers while the car does its thing.

There’s no way. That’s basically saying robo taxi will be here in 1 year.
Yea, I agree. This is Elon being Elon.

I suspect we will see FSD being rolled out to a wide audience in 3-6 weeks but I think we are still a LONG way off from L5.

However, I will say that I think most folks are pleasantly surprised with just how good the beta version of FSD already is! So maybe we just can't fully wrap our feeble brains around how quickly things will progress from here.

My view on this is that it's simply getting... boring. Take a look at Brandon's latest video. It's more of a conversation than a blow-by-blow action-packed video because the car is doing a significantly better job than it was in earlier releases. He's just kinda casually having a nice conversation with his viewers while the car does its thing.
Ok, maybe, but I am definitely not bored by any of these videos. Just seems really odd that people who were posting multiple videos every day have been radio silent for two days now, right after a new build is released. Whatever the case, I am very grateful for all of the uncompensated effort they've all put in in publicizing FSD Beta progress, and I just hope the videos start rolling in, even (especially?) if boring because this version's so good.

Then I am wondering if the FSD beta does not come until 2H 2021... will Tesla release the rewrite to the fleet sometime before then? like this holiday?
Beta is out already, no need to worry. Expect wide release in US this year.

When Elon says he is confident about X at time T, that does not imply that he is worried about Y at time Z or not X at time T-Z. It simply is one statement that he is commenting on.

My take is that Elon is saying that he thinks the probablity that we will have [FSD A->B with driver supervision completing >90% of drives without intervention] before end of 2021 is >95%. Today I would guess ~30-50% of drives are done without intervention.

Check Out this FSD Beta FSD Beta Wild Ride in the City of Sunrise Rush Hour - 12:30 - TesLatino
** See the serious intervention on a left turn starting at 3:00. I watched this portion at 1/4 speed and you can see a phantom object appear on the display just as he rounds the corner. It looks like a phantom traffic signal. I know the 'glass half full' group will have a good time with this, but hey, it's reality. I'm confident that the AP team engineers will be all over this. TesLatino makes it very clear that he will let them know. **

Last edited:
Check Out this FSD Beta FSD Beta Wild Ride in the City of Sunrise Rush Hour - 12:30 - TesLatino
** See the serious intervention on a left turn starting at 3:00. I watched this portion at 1/4 speed and you can see a phantom object appear on the display just as he rounds the corner. It looks like a phantom traffic signal. I know the 'glass half full' group will have a good time with this, but hey, it's reality. I'm confident that the AP team engineers will be all over this. TesLatino makes it very clear that he will let them know. **

‘jeez, scary turn with a van right next to him. I thought at first the car thought it saw a pedestrian and that it prioritized not hitting a Walker over a car, but I’m not sure. Very happy he had his hands ready to grab the wheel and the speed was low since it was starting the turn from a dead stop. if it was going through the turn at a faster starting speed than it did and/or if his hands were in his lap like Mars’ were in the last vids of his I saw I’m not sure if he could have saved it. It does look like The van was planning on drifting wide because it was planning on a right turn immediately following the left so Maaaaaaaybe the car was calculating enough to know it could do the dodge for the non-existent object it thought it saw and not hit the van, but I sure as hell wouldn’t bet on it and even if that was the case, the maneuver was so quick and abrupt it would still have a high probability to scare the *sugar* out of the van driver and possibly still cause an accident that way if it induced the van to make an abrupt maneuver to dodge an apparent collision from the Tesla.

edit: 8:40 the car swerves a little towards the right, it it did stay in the lane. Not dangerous, per se, but if I saw another car do that in the lane next to me for no discernible reason I’d be a little nervous about that driver. Certainly something Tesla needs to figure out. Nothing popped up on the display that I could see, so no idea why the cars’ pathing line did that sudden curve there.

9:55 - car did an aborted lane change similar to when it aborts lane changes in AP for whatever reason. Started changing lanes to the right turn lane, aborted halfway through and swerved back to the left, and then swerved back to the right. Looked exactly like what happened with my car back when aborted lane changes were more common for me and I had to grab the wheel to complete the lane change.

Last edited: