Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD rewrite will go out on Oct 20 to limited beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone on Twitter is claiming that they have the FSD build. Version number is different, they say they have special permission to share information. Silicon Valley Tesla Owners Club account so it's possible.

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1319090582367522816

Hey Tesla family, myself and Fwaud were selected to be a part of the FSD early access program. This is a special FSD Early Access where Tesla has invited me to share my experiences. Let’s goooooo!!!!

This isn’t a joke. Tesla has invited me to a special part of FSD beta program where I can share my experiences on social media.

Almost done. Super stoked

Version number is 2020.40.8.10

They say they will have photos and videos up soon

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1319097145358598144/photo/1

FSD Release Notes!!!

Ek5f3AvU8AEGOam

Does anyone else think that the B billar cameras might not be enough? They seem to be a bit far back and easy to block by other cars at intersections.

I do. The B pillar cameras will definitely be blocked in certain cases. That's why autonomous cars like Cruise and Waymo have perimeter sensors on the front bumpers and rear bumpers to help see in these cases.

Does anyone else think that the B billar cameras might not be enough? They seem to be a bit far back and easy to block by other cars at intersections.

Absolutely. My 16 year old son has his driving permit which means I get to sit beside him while he makes all sorts of interesting mistakes :)

Anyways, yesterday he made such a mistake at a 4 way intersection. I tapped the record icon so that I could see what the cameras recorded and AP would not have been to see the other car entering into the intersection.

Unless maybe there is a second really wide angle front view camera that isn’t recorded normally?

• Disagree
Reactions: mikes_fsd
The B pillar cameras are perfect where they are. It's hard to tell (because we can't easily watch the footage from them), but they have almost a 180-degree angle view from the side. Besides, the only instance where they would be used is during turns in intersections or four-way stop sign and when you turn in an intersection, there would usually be only one turn lane next to you. Not to mention that the repeater cameras also have a much wider field of view than what it would look like.

• Informative
Reactions: rsm287