Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V11 Discussion - First Released 11/11/22 at 11:11PM - Maybe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note: Added maybe to the title. This may be an alpha or beta release, so “release” is relative. Stay tuned.)

We finally have confirmation of the release of FSD V11. This presumably is single stack; we’ll see, as the question was left unanswered. I guess it will still be called FSD Beta V11?

002905FC-FC4B-4346-9970-AF2BA0758CE4.jpeg

🤯 ( 🔥 )

Last edited by a moderator:
These are more V11 notes apparently:

- Enabled FSD Beta on highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old. The legacy highway stack still relies on several single-camera and single-frame networks, and was setup to handle simple lane-specific maneuvers. FSD Beta's multi-camera video networks and next-gen planner, that allows for more complex agent interactions with less reliance on lanes, make way for adding more intelligent behaviors, smoother control and better decision making.

Improved Occupancy Network's recall for close by obstacles and precision in severe weather conditions with 4x increase in transformer spatial resolution, 20% increase in image featurizer capacity, improved side camera calibration, and 260k more video training clips (real-world and simulation).

EDIT: Wrong V11 notes apparently, deleted

Last edited:
Yes, and in the past Musk has said there will be regressions. So initially the new Beta will probably be overall worse (or worse at certain things) than the legacy AP stack and will meed a lot of testing/feedback.

V11 release has been teased since July 2021, so they've probably spent the last 14 months trying to smooth out the regressions. Hopefully it is as good as production NoA... lol

I hope v11 begins to comply with active school zone laws Including stopped school buses etc.
Haha. Don’t hope like that!

Definitely very little of that control stuff will be in there. This stuff is easy for humans to handle, so there is no reason for FSD to worry about it.

I wonder whether quoted improvements are relative to 10.69.3 or 10.69.2, where relevant?

I don't know about you guys but I really appreciate the ability to turn OFF navigate on autopilot when I'm on highways. I do that often so that I can control when a lane change happens. Recently I changed the settings so that lane change confirmation is required before it happens and I have enjoyed this control.

I wonder how this will be affected once single stack happens. Autosteer on City Streets (what fsd actually is) takes away control from the driver often to make lane changes and initiate turns, etc. I would prefer to regain control on city streets and not lose control on the highway. Maybe I'm not the only one that actually appreciates this distinction when getting onto a highway.

• Enabled FSD Beta on highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old. The legacy highway stack still relies on several single-camera and single-frame networks, and was setup to handle simple lane-specific maneuvers. FSD Beta's multi-camera video networks and next-gen planner, that allows for more complex agent interactions with less reliance on lanes, make way for adding more intelligent behaviors, smoother control and better decision making.
  • Improved Occupancy Network's recall for close by obstacles and precision in severe weather conditions with 4x increase in transformer spatial resolution, 20% increase in image featurizer capacity, improved side camera calibration, and 260k more video training clips (real-world and simulation).

This just shows how Tesla have been constrained trying to support ADAS features and keep them updated for all these years while pretending that their system was autonomous driving.

I can't wait for companies like Waymo, Mobileye, etc to transition to single stack like Tesla...oh wait they have always been.

I don't know about you guys but I really appreciate the ability to turn OFF navigate on autopilot when I'm on highways. I do that often so that I can control when a lane change happens. Recently I changed the settings so that lane change confirmation is required before it happens and I have enjoyed this control.

I wonder how this will be affected once single stack happens. Autosteer on City Streets (what fsd actually is) takes away control from the driver often to make lane changes and initiate turns, etc. I would prefer to regain control on city streets and not lose control on the highway. Maybe I'm not the only one that actually appreciates this distinction when getting onto a highway.
All but certain. If you are on Beta it is in 100% control unless you take over. Beta will just be Beta no mater what the road, highway, street or parking lot it is on.

EDIT: Upon rereading your post looks you are might be asking if this is a general release to everyone. That would be almost certainly a NO. It is Beta testers ONLY software release.

The quote is from Teslascope and not Tesla. They just see what is coming but have no insight on what is going to happen in the future. So the statement is only about the V11.x first release.

We have had the Beta released on the most current software once before but quickly fell behind. I suspect this pattern will continue and this is just a rarity.
No I was just referring to if there would be a toggle for people already in FSD beta or if the branches would be split still

No I was just referring to if there would be a toggle for people already in FSD beta or if the branches would be split still
If you want to toggle Beta off it will be the same and must be done from the Menu. NoA is legacy code and don't see that porting over to Beta (if that is the toggle you are referring to). People not on Beta will continue to get the current AP stack for a while. When standard AP does change over I suspect for people with EAP and FSD Capability there will not be a NoA or a selection for type of Lane Change verification anymore.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I'm expecting that 10.69.3.X is dead and testers will next get a 11.X version next. Integrating FSDb into the current production code indicates FSDb release to all FSD licensees will be next - probably part of the holiday release, which would fulfill Musk's goal of wide release of FSDb by the end of the year.

Reactions: Goose66 and KArnold
Beta it is in 100% control unless you take over. Beta will just be Beta no mater what the road, highway, street or parking lot it is on.
FSD Beta on freeway will have all the same controls as NOA does currently I would expect (Lane change confirmation, etc.). Would be kind of silly for them to remove that control since the car has no idea when to change lanes.

Reactions: edseloh and Goose66
If you want to toggle Beta off it will be the same and must be done from the Menu. NoA is legacy code and don't see that porting over to Beta (if that is the toggle you are referring to). People not on Beta will continue to get the current AP stack for a while. When standard AP does change over I suspect for people with EAP and FSD Capability there will not be a NoA or a selection for type of Lane Change verification anymore.
I think we’re talking about 2 different things.
I only meant I’m wondering if FSD beta will be built into the production firmware and only accessible for current FSD beta testers, so there isn’t a separate fork causing lack of new features for months in the beta branch. Legacy AP would still be there for people not in beta.

I am seeing significant improvements in AP on v11. Sections of road the car just could not handle before are no longer a problem, particularly with weird lane markings.

Good stuff, looking forward to trying the auto high beams on this release.
You’ve the V11 just released today or have I misunderstood your post?

It would be good to see a full set of release note pictures if so as I’ve seen what looks like typos on the usual websites.

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I think we’re talking about 2 different things.
I only meant I’m wondering if FSD beta will be built into the production firmware and only accessible for current FSD beta testers, so there isn’t a separate fork causing lack of new features for months in the beta branch. Legacy AP would still be there for people not in beta.

Once it's wide release I'd expect it to be in the main production firmware going forward, just behind a feature flag... (as "normal" FSD and EAP are today- neither requires different firmware to activate)

FSD Beta on freeway will have all the same controls as NOA does currently I would expect (Lane change confirmation, etc.). Would be kind of silly for them to remove that control since the car has no idea when to change lanes.
[speculation]There won't be FSD Beta specific software stack for freeways. It will just be the same FSD Beta stack extended to work on all roads. Also what do you mean by "...no idea when to change lanes"? Deciding to change lanes is the SAME as FSD Beta driving today. If it needs a person to decide when to change lanes then it's NOT FULL self driving. I bet Tesla removes all legacy AP/NoA code and the same FSD Beta stack will continue operating on all roads. There will be NO Stack Switching, FSD Beta will not discriminate road vs highway and all driving will be treated the same.

Reactions: kriskros91