Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V11 Discussion - First Released 11/11/22 at 11:11PM - Maybe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note: Added maybe to the title. This may be an alpha or beta release, so “release” is relative. Stay tuned.)

We finally have confirmation of the release of FSD V11. This presumably is single stack; we’ll see, as the question was left unanswered. I guess it will still be called FSD Beta V11?

002905FC-FC4B-4346-9970-AF2BA0758CE4.jpeg

🤯 ( 🔥 )

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the actions I saw in the video that I wanted to look at again was how her car handled an approaching truck on a very tight road with cars parked on the right. As the truck approached, her car pulled in behind a parked car and waited, apparently her car calculated the truck was not approaching fast enough and it pulled back out, went around the car it was parked behind and pulled back in behind another car. The truck passed and her car pulled back out. I really wanted to see that again to make sure it was actually the car and not her doing it. Unfortunately her video is no longer posted. The other item she was very excited about was how it navigated a certain intersection or town square, she was was actually really surprised seeing it had never been able to handle that intersection, she actually started clapping. Curious to see why it kept ping ponging on the one tight road wonder if it was becasue cars were parked on left side instead of right side. On another street it normally traversed it was now going a little to slow on it, she said that was new. Hopefully she'll put it back up again. If it really does what the video showed, we are in for a nice improvement.
I watched this video. She had FSD 10.69.3, not some new FSD v11.

If you want to toggle Beta off it will be the same and must be done from the Menu. NoA is legacy code and don't see that porting over to Beta (if that is the toggle you are referring to). People not on Beta will continue to get the current AP stack for a while. When standard AP does change over I suspect for people with EAP and FSD Capability there will not be a NoA or a selection for type of Lane Change verification anymore.
I have two profiles, one with FSDb enabled and one without. I am hoping that in my profile without FSDb enabled (the main one I use), it will continue to use the old Navigate on Autopilot (NoA) code. This is the feature I love and use the most, but it would basically be useless with the current FSDb lane selection problems from v10.69.2.

Is this the version that "will be released to internal testing after 1 month of coding for a month of testing" about 8 months ago?
My bet is it's a "will be released to internal testers in about a week with wider release about a week after that," then "holiday release for all FSD owners" that winds up coming out to existing Beta testers sometime in the latter part of January.

That's from experience with over a year's worth of beta releases and 4 "holiday" releases.

Reactions: mtndrew1 and goRt