Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaInfo release notes for 2024.14.5 from a Model S indicates it has 12.3.6. Whereas the notes for same version but Model Y built in Berlin shows it's getting Tesla Vision Park Assist (for those with USS). The former is a US vehicle while the latter is in DE, so hopefully good news worldwide for those who have been on 2024.8.x waiting for 12.x and those on 2024.3.x that don't continue the FSD trial/subscription.

Given NHTSA jumping all over Tesla for driver attention with Autopilot,
Giving credence to NHTSA's concerns are actually about driver attention is about on par with believing Elon when he says "two weeks" or "VX.xx will be mind blowing." Seriously, think about it. We all know by now that Elon/Tesla is trying, but it's best to take ANY timeline or version with a huge grain of salt. Similarly, it should be pretty obvious that NHTSA's concerns have about zero to do with actual safety. (Given that statistically autopilot equipped cars are involved in far fewer accidents than other vehicles.) Hell, the NHTSA doesn't even get the biggest safety issues right--auto wipers are a bigger deal than autopilot. No, Elon's timelines are about the stock price--duh--and the NHTSA's concerns are about Tesla/Elon failing to pay the required bribes to the party in power--Dammit! I meant campaign contributions. And of course the press gets lots of "clicks" any time they slam Tesla/Elon and don't even irritate an advertiser.

Do I hope 12.4 will be mind blowing? Of course! If 12.4 is as big a deal as 12.3, I'll be buying more TSLA. Will I believe Whole Mars Catalogue or Elon? LMFAO! I'll believe reports from a lot of posters here who have been honest, both pro and con. I'll believe what I see for myself. Likewise, when I see Reuters publish another hit job, I'll assume it's a bunch of lies until I verify the raw data. When I see the NHTSA start a probe, I'll assume it's about a career bureaucrat looking to gain favour with a politician until I see actual, verifiable and proveable results.

I noted above that it takes way too long to slow down, but it's an intermittent thing. Sometimes it does pretty well and other times it seems like it will never slow down. It never does as well as it used to (you'd actually feel yourself pushed forward a bit in the seat).

In the past, the limit shown on the screen would change just as I pass the sign; now it changes a little sooner.

But I've never seen it get to the new limit by the time it passes the sign. Let us know if that is repeatable.
Yes especially entering a city. When the speed limit changes from 55 down to 35 it seems to stay at 55 way too long enough time to get a ticket is there anyway of adjusting this so that it will slow down faster?

Reactions: DrGriz
What are the models and production years on this branch?
Pretty much every model is on it except CT:
Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 6.24.34 AM.jpg

When are those of us on 2024.8… going to get the latest FSD software? Why is there a hold up?
The answer to both questions is nobody here knows. Here is a scenario that may play out over the next month.

A plausible possibility is that after 12.4.x makes it to 24.3.x users then 12.3.x could become the "standard" FSD release like 11.4.9 is now and be included on all future releases.

But that is just "pulled out of my a$$" based roughly on Tesla history.

Say what????? Supervised is just an added word to help placate the systems acceptance and promote paying attention to the newbies. There is absolutely NO such thing as an UNsupervised L2 system.
Exactly. It's as if some people actually believe what Elon says. It will still be L2, which by definition requires driver supervision.

But we'll still have to scroll by all the complaints from people who are offended by his false promises. They aren't promises, folks.

I tested this on my non-IR 2019 Model 3 when they released the feature that let you view the cabin camera from the service menu. The camera seems to have pretty good exposure ranges, as the light of the center screen alone was enough to clearly see my face.
Almost all Tesla's since 2018 have infrared lights, 2 of them to the left and right of the cabin camera. They are about 2 inches away from the camera.
Go out to your car at night, turn on your cellphone camera and look at the cabin camera. You will see those infrared lights.. This is how they monitor you at night.

Reactions: Pdubs
Merging in general needs work.

FSD can’t figure out which of the two lanes is merging with which one. Frequently it wants to change to the lane that will merge in 100 ft. That is also the reason it can’t properly signal when merging.
It doesn't do well on freeway lanes where cars merge from both the offramp and onramp. On a recent drive, FSD was going to merge into a gap going to the offramp but I could see a car entering the freeway headed for that gap. I disengaged. I assume this is still the freeway code.

Almost all Tesla's since 2018 have infrared lights, 2 of them to the left and right of the cabin camera. They are about 2 inches away from the camera.
Go out to your car at night, turn on your cellphone camera and look at the cabin camera. You will see those infrared lights.. This is how they monitor you at night.

I was under the impression that they were first added to the cabin camera around the Model S Plaid launch in 2021: Tesla Model S Plaid Has In-Cabin Infrared LEDs, Possibly for Driver Monitoring - TeslaNorth.com

The Model S Plaid is the first of Tesla’s offerings to include infrared LEDs inside the cabin, but there hasn’t been much talk of the addition.

Currently, new Model 3 and Model Y vehicles have Tesla Vision Autopilot, powered only by cameras and no radar. Inside these vehicles, the cabin camera also monitors drivers when Autopilot is engaged. It’s unclear if infrared cameras LEDs may trickle down to these lower-priced vehicles from Tesla.

There goes all this Vision only nonsense. Q.E.D.

We have no idea what they are using what they purchased for. It could be in the factory to measure panel alignment or other things. We don't have any way of knowing if they are using them for FSD. (Well, other than Elon saying that they don't even need them for ground truth anymore.)

We have no idea what they are using what they purchased for. It could be in the factory to measure panel alignment or other things. We don't have any way of knowing if they are using them for FSD. (Well, other than Elon saying that they don't even need them for ground truth anymore.)
Yep. We just know that the long awaited Vision only FSD (not beta) turned out to be Supervised FSD. Which is an oxymoron. We cannot really be sure about anything beyond that. But we can have a pretty good guess about where this has been heading for the last 8 years.

From the reports, Tesla had been a customer for a long time using them for ground truth for their training vehicles. As another put it, the volumes being purchase is not anywhere close enough to be able to supply the actual consumer vehicles.

And as a reminder, similar things had been said when they added back a HD radar to Model S/X, but nothing had been done with it (while FSD has improved drastically since then).

The article says Luminar reported $2 million revenue from Tesla. I googled the cost of lidar used in autonomous vehicles and numbers between $100 to $500 per piece come up. Even if $2 million is spent on the high end, say $500 per piece units that makes 4000 units which I think is more than what could be used for panel alignment and other things. Just sharing my math... read into it as you wish