Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Incorrect. This is what I am talking about!

And how is it relevant anyway? My complaint was about something very specific.

By definition my story cannot change, as my description of the issue was 100% consistent throughout (stop-and-go traffic is a consistent subset of traffic).

As I said it is fine for people to misinterpret due to lack of specificity on my part. But we can’t say the story changed.
“By definition what I say is the truth so I can never be wrong”

Spokrr we n like a narcissist.

Facts matter and words have meaning. You attempt to change both then deny your actions. It is pointless to have any discussion with someone for whom facts are fluid and change to fit their purpose.

You may have meant that type of traffic, but "in traffic on the freeway" can certainly mean traffic that still flows.
Yes. That is what I keep on saying. Valid subset.
“By definition what I say is the truth so I can never be wrong”
Nope
Facts matter and words have meaning.
Yes. My words accurately described that I was talking about traffic on the freeway, and lacked sufficient specificity without further clarification.
You attempt to change both then deny your actions
Nope

Anyway this is all quite ridiculous. The point is I would like it to stop slamming on the brakes when a simple controlled slowdown will suffice.

It it makes everyone feel better I will go ahead and say I changed my story. I said traffic on the freeway, and then duplicitously started talking about stop-and-go traffic. 😱 I am not sure what that changes. I am talking about stop-and-go traffic on the freeway, and v11 slamming the brakes for no apparent reason when someone in front comes to an abrupt halt.

My lack of clarity in the interest of brevity seems to have resulted in misinterpretation.

This is why I am often so verbose. First opportunity where I try to be succinct - Well here we are.

Yet you gave a disagree when someone who responded to your original statement correctly pointed out you didn't specify stop-and-go and 10mph in the original statement
I think I probably thought it was disingenuous. Removed, giving benefit of the doubt. Literally this entire nonsense started with an earlier post by the same person.

Rather than saying the story changed, it is better to ask for clarification if it is ambiguous.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Yelobird
Wheel of Death- aka Water Splash Wheel of Death
Yesterday I was driving in the rain on a secondary road going about 40mph. A truck going in the opposite direction sent a huge amount of water completely covering the entire windshield. I cannot recall ever having so much water dumped on my car. In less than a second the wheel of death told me to take over since the front cameras were instantly blinded from the water. Fortunately the wipers were working so the windshield was clear in 1-2 seconds from the splash. A little scary. Enabled FSD again and all was good.

I wonder what data, if any, was uploaded to the mother ship after such an edge case.
I had a very similar situation on the freeway a few months ago (driving manually). Hit some unexpected flooding in the roadway, and had zero visibility for a few seconds; Braked hard and steered by dead reckoning until the windshield cleared. FSD would surely have panicked. Yet an L4 car will have to handle this situation safely 100% of the time with no one to hand control back to. It’s a big ask!

Anybody else use 12.x significantly more than 11.x in construction areas?....
Yes, live in intercity that is on 🔥 with construction everywhere. So I use daily around multiple construction sites that are often dynamic. In most cases 12.x handles them near flawlessly and I'm generally extremely impressed with how well it "sees" these changes and takes the correct action even when it can almost be ambiguous. With 11.x and especially 10.x it was more miss and hit.

Last edited:
Supposed 12.4 leak from an employee:

I watched the entire thing and it doesn't seem that much different than 12.3.6.

It's still doing the fsd shimmy at 11:40 and 25:10 that Elon said would be fixed in 12.4.

It's stil fairly hesitant at stops as well.

Autopark seems faster.

My plan was to buy more tesla stock if 12.4 was a big improvement over 12.3.6. Looks like I'll be holding onto my money for now.

Last edited:
The buttons seem better on the new yoke, maybe placebo....
There was a noticeable difference in the button sensitivity/function between my original yoke (Sep '21 delivery) and my second, about 6 months later. I've never had any yoke peel (thank goodness) but someone seems to have poked a hole in my original and they replaced it as a courtesy, saying I had one shot. Unfortunately it still doesn't have a normal center horn. However, I found the buttons easier to use on this second yoke. I still hate the buttons, but not because they don't work as they're supposed to. It's just that I need to go by vision, I don't have a good sense of "feel" for the buttons, which I gather is due to my neurology (I'm ASD). So I always have to take my eyes off the road before I hit a directional, which sucks the big wazoo. I don't even bother with the horn or flashing people unless there's a LOT of time to do it.

Their cars may be S3XY, but their autonomy is βS.

[STU, it’s a joke.]
Stu doesn't like you... I don't like you either..
We are wanted men and have a death sentence in 12 systems....

(Geeks like me will get that reference)

( Most of us for years have been trying to figure out what Stu likes and doesn't like to no avail... it's pot luck. Ask @Ramphex !! )

Last edited:
There was a noticeable difference in the button sensitivity/function between my original yoke (Sep '21 delivery) and my second, about 6 months later. I've never had any yoke peel (thank goodness) but someone seems to have poked a hole in my original and they replaced it as a courtesy, saying I had one shot. Unfortunately it still doesn't have a normal center horn. However, I found the buttons easier to use on this second yoke. I still hate the buttons, but not because they don't work as they're supposed to. It's just that I need to go by vision, I don't have a good sense of "feel" for the buttons, which I gather is due to my neurology (I'm ASD). So I always have to take my eyes off the road before I hit a directional, which sucks the big wazoo. I don't even bother with the horn or flashing people unless there's a LOT of time to do it.
I hear ya , yeah there are some pros and cons.
I love having a solid grip on launches... you can't get a firm hold with regular wheels.
Alan had it right (yes I said that) that yokes should be steer by wire.
Eventually they will be, then none of the losers with wheels will want them anymore.
You and I will be Yoke Proud!!

Last edited:
Reactions: LSDTester#1
Yes. That is what I keep on saying. Valid subset.

Nope

Yes. My words accurately described that I was talking about traffic on the freeway, and lacked sufficient specificity without further clarification.

Nope

Anyway this is all quite ridiculous. The point is I would like it to stop slamming on the brakes when a simple controlled slowdown will suffice.

It it makes everyone feel better I will go ahead and say I changed my story. I said traffic on the freeway, and then duplicitously started talking about stop-and-go traffic. 😱 I am not sure what that changes. I am talking about stop-and-go traffic on the freeway, and v11 slamming the brakes for no apparent reason when someone in front comes to an abrupt halt.

My lack of clarity in the interest of brevity seems to have resulted in misinterpretation.

This is why I am often so verbose. First opportunity where I try to be succinct - Well here we are.

I think I probably thought it was disingenuous. Removed, giving benefit of the doubt. Literally this entire nonsense started with an earlier post by the same person.

Rather than saying the story changed, it is better to ask for clarification if it is ambiguous.
1sumtk.jpg

ASD - actually smart driver? 😉

What you describe is another disadvantage of the yoke implementation. It’s actually not the yoke, though, since you can have a yoke with stalks. It’s from another boneheaded decision to eliminate the stalks. It’s been discussed with other threads, but at best you reach equivalent functionality and there are no cases in which the stalk-less setup is superior but many in which it’s arguably inferior.

ASD - actually smart driver? 😉

What you describe is another disadvantage of the yoke implementation. It’s actually not the yoke, though, since you can have a yoke with stalks. It’s from another boneheaded decision to eliminate the stalks. It’s been discussed with other threads, but at best you reach equivalent functionality and there are no cases in which the stalk-less setup is superior but many in which it’s arguably inferior.
Doc and I will never agree on yokes, just don't take it out on me Tuesday during my annual colonoscopy...

• Funny
Reactions: LSDTester#1