Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s a shot of the interior HW4 camera.
IMG_2827.png

Omar......surprised he is old enough to know who Phil Collins is.... Or could this be the Genesis of him finally not being first to get a release?
Omar has been waiting on EVERY update moment all his life. 🤣

Still not a peep of 12.4 on TeslaFi. Where are the normal Tesla employees who use TeslaFi we usually see?

Where are the front left and front right cameras located? I could never find them
If you mean the two cameras now available in the app (the left and right front-most selector buttons the Live Camera screen):
These are the B pillar cameras. Look at the dark glass panel between your front and rear windows on either side of the car. You'll see the camera lens behind that glass.

For a long time these camera views were not shown in the Sentry, Dashcam or Live Camera views, I think because Ilthey used a non-standard color filter setup. But Tesla made them available for Live Camera viewing in 2023, I'm not sure if they also show up in Sentry clips now. I think they're still not part of the Dashcam set, but I could be mistaken.

If you mean the two cameras now available in the app (the left and right front-most selector buttons the Live Camera screen):
These are the B pillar cameras. Look at the dark glass panel between your front and rear windows on either side of the car. You'll see the camera lens behind that glass.

For a long time these camera views were not shown in the Sentry, Dashcam or Live Camera views, I think because Ilthey used a non-standard color filter setup. But Tesla made them available for Live Camera viewing in 2023, I'm not sure if they also show up in Sentry clips now. I think they're still not part of the Dashcam set, but I could be mistaken.
Oh ok, the app made it look like they were by the front wheels or something, I’m surprised those cameras can see down the road far enough like when you pull up to an intersection

Last edited:
In a nutshell the Fender cameras mostly mimic looking in the side view mirrors and the B-Pillar cameras mostly mimic turning your head to look left or right.
Seems like those cameras would have worked better being on the front bumper right where it curves, then they would have had a better view than a person does instead of making them as close to the human head as possible

Seems like those cameras would have worked better being on the front bumper right where it curves, then they would have had a better view than a person does instead of making their as close to the human head as possible
Actually Tesla IMO should add 5 cameras and keep the current ones. One in the front bumper to cover the blind area and 2 in the side front bumpers and 2 in the side rear bumper for cross traffic and to better see down the road.

I suspect or at least hope they do this for the Robotaxi.

That is a MY or M3... I stated 3 times already it is probably MS and/or MX specific.
The interior camera shows 70% of the wheel or yoke.
I know because I have a MS and have checked it after watching his video.
He has HW4, I have HW3, with MS it works for both hardware versions.
I can see both hands on the yoke from the interior camera.
I rest one elbow either on the door rest or center console and apply a tiny amount of touque on the wheel letting the wheel slide thru my hand when FSD turns the wheel. I've been doing this for years and it's now muscle memory. Since I wear prescription sun glasses except at night nags are a non-issue since 90% of my drives are during the daytime. I certainly want nags to go away but for now don't pay much attention to them.