Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently I found control for yellow lights has improved. Previously several jarring stops for yellow when I would have gone thru. Yesterday light turned yellow and the car slowed for an instance and I was expecting another jarring stop but instead FSD went thru much to my surprise. This has happened a couple of other times in the past few weeks.
Good to know. I did not encounter any such situations today, so I cannot corroborate.

Reactions: enemji
The overwhelming majority of my disengagements on 12.3.6 are personal preference issues (e.g. I want to be in a different turn lane, I don't like how it's stopping, etc.) There is some grey area, too - the disengagement I had earlier today, for example. Would it have caused an accident? Probably not, but it wasn't safe and I didn't want to find out. There are also cases where what it's doing is wrong and/or illegal but may not cause an accident.
I'd agree with that. The vast majority of my disengagements are to avoid other drivers thinking they have another teenage driver who doesn't know where they are.
The fear for my life type disengagements are definitely in the tiny minority, but the car treating a 100yard exit lane as a driving lane at 70mph sure wakes you up in hurry, as does trying to cross double yellow lines into oncoming traffic.
The problem is that it's the minority that sets the level of trust - and it's that level of trust that really hasn't significantly changed in the last two years.
Sure, it definitely does more and does it better, but will still attempt the most ridiculous, life threatening maneuvers which mean it can never be trusted. So even when its doing well you have to ready for it to try kill you.
Having said all that - it's still more relaxing than manually driving all the time, so I'm using FSD at least 70-80% of the time.
Maybe 12.4.1 won't be so bad...

I don’t think we’ll see as much in the way of regressions now that we’re fully in NN-land. Every version will have more and better training and probably more neurons/layers. Not that there won’t be regressions, but with heuristic code we’d often give up in one place to gain in another. I’m expecting to see more consistent forward progress now.
Except that's exactly what we've been expecting for like 8 years. But now it's not really as much about demonstrating Tesla's ahead as it is about demonstrating they aren't spectacularly failing.

Except that's exactly what we've been expecting for like 8 years. But now it's not really as much about demonstrating Tesla's ahead as it is about demonstrating they aren't spectacularly failing.
yep - isn't it three complete rewrites now, or is it four? Maybe its only two or three 🤷‍♂️
We still have time for it to be something else entirely with HW5, all while hoping that nobody with a 2016 car remembers they were supposed to get FSD with their HW2 cars.

There were MANY posts here before FSDb appeared claiming to "prove" that the cameras would not be able to see red lights, or could not see far enough down the road to make even a safe right turn.
Yeah those were some weird claims for sure. Especially when it was clear that the potential range of the cameras was sufficient for these specific cases (there are issues of reliability of perception that are TBD of course).

I am just of the opinion that L3 or higher cannot be done with current hardware. I don’t think they will do L3 with current hardware. Even traffic jam assist (though that seems possible, maybe, sometimes (and certainly not with current software), I just don’t think it is worth bothering with (for Tesla - it would be pretty nice for many owners)).

This weekend means Monday I have learned
Long ago, someone here on TMC suggested that when Musk gives a date, what he really means is "not before" that date. This has proven to be good advice.

So, in this case, "this weekend" means "not before this weekend is over". So, yes Monday is possible, but so is "or later."

Like waiting for FSD to proceed after a stop sign, it takes patience.

By the way, GottaGo, when did you first get a software update which included FSD? What version, do you know? If you subscribe to TeslaFi, the Fleet page has a link to your update history.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Long ago, someone here on TMC suggested that when Musk gives a date, what he really means is "not before" that date. This has proven to be good advice.

So, in this case, "this weekend" means "not before this weekend is over". So, yes Monday is possible, but so is "or later."

Like waiting for FSD to proceed after a stop sign, it takes patience.

By the way, GottaGo, when did you first get a software update which included FSD? What version, do you know? If you subscribe to TeslaFi, the Fleet page has a link to your update history.
I’ll have to sub and see, whatever the updates were for June 2022

Here is an update on the employee/friend of employee who had posted how bad v12.4.1 was and started a negative swirl of FSD reaction.
Here is the update and it's a complete reversal plus some other tidbits while obviously not confirmed appear positive. Now we will just have to wait for customer feedback hopefully within the next few days.

"Electrified" is a good source of information if you've never watched it.
Starts @00:45

1717670778819.png

Here is an update on the employee/friend of employee who had posted how bad v12.4.1 was and started a negative swirl of FSD reaction.
Here is the update and it's a complete reversal. "Electrified" is a good source of information if you've never watched it.
Starts @00:45
You mean 12.4 and NOT 12.4.1. It is likely 12.4.1 will just start going to employees in the next few days.

Lunashi just released another 12.4 video.

Time will tell if this is real but the first ~3 mins were a bit painful to watch. It remains slow and indecisive. Later it performs a lane changed in an intersection. And made a lane change over a solid white line in the left turn lanes.

On the positive, max set speed is improved, accel/decel profile appears slightly more gentle, and appropriately stops closer to cross walk lines.

Last edited: