Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, it's not a left turn lane. There's explicitly a no left turn sign above the lane. It's a through lane.

Second, the entire context of the scene is important. About 30 seconds prior, the entire right lane is blocked by several vehicles with their hazard lights on (presumably ride shares picking up passengers from a venue).

View attachment 1054662

So it was avoiding stopped traffic and then made a right turn from the left through lane when the right lane was clear. Not ideal, as it might have had time to fully get in the right lane after passing the stopped cars, but not uncommon for city driving.
It's after 6pm so left turns are legal. It looks to me like there's plenty of room to move into the right lane before the light. It looks like what happens is that it plans on making a U-turn and then change its mind (perhaps because it can't read the time restriction on the sign).

1717860859729.png

The acid test would probably be an emergency situation such as cross-traffic running a red light at a poor-visibility intersection, where near-instant reflexes would be required to avoid or minimize a crash.
In that case, vision is better as Tesla AEB has already been proven to be superior than any other system out there by the Euro NCAP

www.euroncap.com

First, it's not a left turn lane. There's explicitly a no left turn sign above the lane. It's a through lane.

Second, the entire context of the scene is important. About 30 seconds prior, the entire right lane is blocked by several vehicles with their hazard lights on (presumably ride shares picking up passengers from a venue).

View attachment 1054662

So it was avoiding stopped traffic and then made a right turn from the left through lane when the right lane was clear. Not ideal, as it might have had time to fully get in the right lane after passing the stopped cars, but not uncommon for city driving.

Sorry, I meant to say left lane. I saw the no left turn sign. But more importantly for item #2, zero chance FSD has contextual awareness and even if it did it's well before the intersection.

Your even further back than me
I searched the forums here and it looks like something like this happened a few years ago where everyone was checking and it wasn't showing it was checking and updating the date, it was just stuck on a date weeks prior. It persistent through reboots as well. If it's happening to you as well must be a bug like they experienced before.

That's unfortunate. For me v12.3.6 consistently does that most noticeably on 3 lane roads. It makes a right turn into the right most lane of a 3 lane road from an intersection. Quickly takes the center lane. Moments later and 2 blocks before it needs to make a left it again takes the right most lane. Needless and unsafe all into one.
It looks like the last lane change back to left was due to the car entering the main road from a side street on the right.

What an even bigger idiot than before...if you have a X account, destroy him today over this post please... let's gang up and send the Tmc members with the biggest accounts. What a complete Asshole for admitting it, then showing his cheat device.

He's incorrigible. I was amazed how he texts while videoing his v12.4.1 demo drives.

I searched the forums here and it looks like something like this happened a few years ago where everyone was checking and it wasn't showing it was checking and updating the date, it was just stuck on a date weeks prior. It persistent through reboots as well. If it's happening to you as well must be a bug like they experienced before.
Try the service request for autopilot check. Didn't work for me, but may for you

Reactions: LSDTester#1