Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just something he says, it is meme-like. He doesn’t actually mean it. It is kind of like when he says two weeks. Just look at the number of times he has used the exact same phrasing.

Odd for a CEO, but here we are. You have to be in on the joke to know it is not material information and not serious.
Odd that a CEO would hype their product like an overactive cheerleader:

I mean, technically every new version is, by definition, the best they've ever made - why would you make a new version that's worse by design? :)

Reactions: rlsd
Typically they roughly double the number release to "pending" each day. That would mean 6 tomorrow. ;-)

In TeslaFi, I've not seen a release of only 3 cars before in the FSD updates. 3 is pretty timid... Anyway, past performance does not guarantee future performance.

Anticipation is making me late, is keeping me waiting...
Elon tweeted earlier this morning recognizing issues with the 4.1 build. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the rollout stopped in favor of 4.2 in a few days

FSD V12.x.x has been so bad for me, that I had to add to the complaints on this thread. In the area where I live, v12.3.6 is:

Slamming on the brakes for railroad crossings
Turning too close to medians on left hand turns
Turning too close to the right hand side of the road on right turns
Not staying centered in lanes; sometimes riding the rumble strip on the right and sometimes riding the rumble strip on the left

V12.x.x has been much less trustworthy for me than any or all of the 11.x.x versions I used. I could trust 11.x.x to perform well on freeways and major highways, but now, with V12.3.6, I cannot even trust it there.

Ugh.

Joe
Calibrate your cameras. Something is wrong with your car. That is not normal.

And to add, something is not right if you're seeing worse performance on highways, since highways are still v11...

12.3.6 did 2 good things for me this weekend. Both situations happened at night

1. Did not go faster than speed limit in Pacific beach when there was a police car on the left lane. It was not scared of the police either. When the police car and my car stopped at the stop sign, my car sped up and cut in front of the police car to go to a single lane (2 lanes ended).

2. Gave warning beeps when it suddenly saw spilled water on 50 mph street (broken pipe). I pressed the brake.

As much as Omar gets bashed (and deservedly so), Elon's feedback to his posts can be helpful.

1717978761583.png

It does seem like it would be fantastically difficult to get any improvement in FSD performance with more training. It was definitely a bit surreal to see discussion about rapid improvements with more training.

Kudos to the team for trying. I suspect they will be successful in modest improvements at some point in time.

It does seem like it would be fantastically difficult to get any improvement in FSD performance with more training. It was definitely a bit surreal to see discussion about rapid improvements with more training.

Kudos to the team for trying. I suspect they will be successful in modest improvements at some point in time.
"One of the possible outcomes is success"

• Funny
Reactions: LSDTester#1
Anybody experience a false positive with the Green Light Chime? I had one for the first time today. I was at the front of the line and it chimed after being stopped for maybe 10 seconds, but the light was still red. The visualization showed the light as red also. To be fair, it was a little hard to read the traffic light due to sunlight. I engaged FSD (12.3.6) to see if it would try to cross the red light, but it correctly waited until it was green. Which reaffirms the notion that FSD does not share any common software components with the rest of the car's features. Though the Green Light Chime and the Visualization apparently share some common code.

Not many people are on Teslafi. I got v12.2.1 when Teslafi did not have many cars with v12.2.1.
Right you are. TeslaFi has around 20,000 subscribers, i.e. around 1% of the roughly 2 million Tesla cars sold so far. We suspect TeslaFi is more popular with bit-heads and nerds, so early Tesla adopters may be a bit more common in Fi than in the real world. Probably similar bias with USA owners. So the 5,000 FSD testers in TeslaFi does not mean that there are 500,000 testers out here.

For a while I thought the tester program would be shut down once FSD became available to all (US and Canada) owners, but I now suspect they will keep it going as a smaller population for rapid iteration of new versions. But all of this is reading tea leaves, sort of like interpreting Musk tweets. Except the TeslaFi data is real data, if not very representative.

Last edited: