Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the map update and it made a difference. It finally “technically “ made the left fork in the road my cars have always missed. I say technically because instead of blowing past it, it successfully made the left but did it in a way I can only describe as how you would make the turn if it was dark and you were lost and unsure where to turn.

I do like the new full screen display (3/Y) with the small Map in the top right and the "Progress" trip bar. Just a couple of quibbles. If you set a route with Waypoints in order to Edit/Delete a Point requires an extra step to delete and then another swipe to get full screen back. Also you can't see far enough ahead to tell if you want to change route and you can't just tap the top of the Directions to bring up alternate routes to select.

I do like the new full screen display (3/Y) with the small Map in the top right and the "Progress" trip bar. Just a couple of quibbles. If you set a route with Waypoints in order to Edit/Delete a Point requires an extra step to delete and then another swipe to get full screen back. Also you can't see far enough ahead to tell if you want to change route and you can't just tap the top of the Directions to bring up alternate routes to select.
Rub it in…

I’m being saved for 12.4 so I feel better I didn’t get the update
IMG_4949.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
This news may help you feel better because your FSD car is junk.

I also found the exact location of the crash over in the Waymo thread, in case there's anybody here from Phoenix that wants to try that alley on FSD Supervised:

The oddest thing is that Waymo is saying their HD map was missing the area covered by yellow striped paint, and that was a contributing factor to it slamming into a telephone pole.

I also found the exact location of the crash over in the Waymo thread, in case there's anybody here from Phoenix that wants to try that alley on FSD Supervised:

The oddest thing is that Waymo is saying their HD map was missing the area covered by yellow striped paint, and that was a contributing factor to it slamming into a telephone pole.
But...but... waymo cars have LIDAR!!!! they see everything so they can't crash into things like that!

Waymo's statement about HD maps is one of the big difference between Tesla and Waymo, if I understand correctly. Tesla is using maps but also using the algorithm to drive whereas Waymo is depending more on ultra detailed maps. The problem with Waymo's approach is that while it works well in the mapped areas, it requires a lot of overhead to continually keep the maps up to date and is difficult to generalize.

Last edited: