Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Tesla allows hands free now does that mean the steering wheel weights and whatever Omar used was ok to use this whole time?
He used an electronic device BUT NO because he was not in compliance to follow the L2 monitoring system. Even now he may reinstall it so he can wear sunglasses and not get nagged.

That is scary. I would turn it off. I hit the brakes many times while reversing. Can you imagine me going forward after I hit the brakes while I am reversing and then crashing into someone/something in the front as the car moves forward?
Not scary one bit, it works very well (only shift out of park works now, not 3 point turn). But of course, if the user has not learned to use the car and is not aware of the shift direction before hitting the go peddle, bad things can happen and should not use the feature. Gotta be proactive, read the how to instructions and practice.

Reactions: enemji
Not scary one bit, it works very well (only shift out of park works now, not 3 point turn). But of course, if the user has not learned to use the car and is not aware of the shift direction before hitting the go peddle, bad things can happen and should not use the feature. Gotta be proactive, read the how to instructions and practice.
Another key factor is being able to trust the software do what it’s advertised to do. How are those auto wipers and auto high beams working out? Just a couple of months ago there were months of dry wipes, no wipers during rain requiring manual activation, etc.

Reactions: LSDTester#1
You have to tap (or hold) the brakes and then turn the steering wheel quite a bit. Just tapping the brakes and continuing along the same course will not make it shift to the other direction.
Very interesting, I just tried it out. The car AutoSifted into drive from the garage (the car is always backed into to the garage). I drove towards trash cans and bushes. I applied the brakes and turned the beautiful yoke. The prompt said, turn the wheel, I turned it back then said apply the brake. Or was it apply the brake then turn the wheel. I got it to work twice but I don't know how. Gotta practice some more.
1000032122.jpg

1000032123.jpg

1000032124.jpg

Edit: tried it again, it worked once but how? I'm not gettin' it. Definitely the most difficult thing I've tried to learn on this car in almost two and a half years.

I think this confirms it: I have no rhythm 🤪

Last edited:
Very interesting, I just tried it out. The car AutoSifted into drive from the garage (the car is always backed into to the garage). I drove towards trash cans and bushes. I applied the brakes and turned the beautiful yoke. The prompt said, turn the wheel, I turned it back then said apply the brake. Or was it apply the brake then turn the wheel. I got it to work twice but I don't know how. Gotta practice some more.
View attachment 1055786
View attachment 1055787
View attachment 1055788

Edit: tried it again, it worked once but how? I'm not gettin' it. Definitely the most difficult thing I've tried to learn on this car in almost two and a half years.
What works best for me is just a quick tap of the brake pedal while still rolling and then turn the wheel after that. You also have to wait for the chime before hitting the accelerator in the new direction. If you get on the accelerator before the chime, it will cancel the gear change.

Put me on the NEW 12.3.6 is a significant improvement over the OLD 12.3.6 (say what?) crazy ass camp. 🤣 Probably “could have called it 12.3.7”. 🤔 😂 Seems the nags are less and the creeping is faster and more assertive. Still loaded with wobble but the assertiveness seems improved. Here is an example that impressed me this morning. Behind Left turning vehicle. Car behind changes lanes to pass. The car behind it starts to change lanes to pass (see rear view and Fender/*Repeater) but Ego sends a BIG FU to the car behind and threads the needle between the 2 cars like a cat pouncing. I was like DAMN this thing is driving like a REAL city folk.

* Don't want FSDtester#1 mad at me. 😢 🤣 🤣 🤣

Put me on the NEW 12.3.6 is a significant improvement over the OLD 12.3.6 (say what?) crazy ass camp. 🤣 Probably “could have called it 12.3.7”. 🤔 😂 Seems the nags are less and the creeping is faster and more assertive. Still loaded with wobble but the assertiveness seems improved. Here is an example that impressed me this morning. Behind Left turning vehicle. Car behind changes lanes to pass. The car behind it starts to change lanes to pass (see review and Fender/Repeater) but Ego says a BIG FU to the car and threads the needle between the 2 cars like a cat pouncing. I was like DAMN this thing is driving like a REAL city folk.

They improved it without updating it?

What works best for me is just a quick tap of the brake pedal while still rolling and then turn the wheel after that. You also have to wait for the chime before hitting the accelerator in the new direction. If you get on the accelerator before the chime, it will cancel the gear change.
Excellent, I tried it your way and it works consistently. I offer you a virtual beverage of your choice.