Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oddly enough, I’m actually not against the cheat device for personal use. I don’t have one and don’t care to get one, unless someone makes that one that defeats the nags and the cabin camera 😅
you could always get a suction cup phone mount and place a phone with a loop of you looking forward recorded from the center screen 😀(it works currently if you have a video of you holding the wheel) don’t know if it will on 12.4.x

Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that YOU can drive your car on the current version of junk with your hands on your lap for as long as Tesla’s 5 year old video portrayed?

Come on man just take the L and let it go, because you know that unless you’re Omar with his trickster devices, you’re not having any hands-free, nag-free drives.
Of course not. First, if all you're thinking about by using "junk" is the nag then you're missing the big picture of how well FSD drives now. Far better than Tesla's 5 year old video. Second, eliminating nags is simple. I just lightly hold the wheel and I never get nags. Looking forward to 12.4.x.
Why is it so hard to realize FSD is no longer junk? Needs improvement of course but it's come a long way.

20240612_145459.jpg

Looks like no new wave of 2024.14.9 yet today
We got the 2024.14.9 update coming from 2024.3.25 late yesterday - haven't had time to play around with it yet since it's on my wife's MY - I don't drive it during the week since it's her daily driver, and won't be able to do so due to other plans until early next week, but given it's still FSD 12.3.6 the FSD experience won't change, though I will get to play around with the updated UI at least. :cool:

Of course not. First, if all you're thinking about by using "junk" is the nag then you're missing the big picture of how well FSD drives now. Far better than Tesla's 5 year old video. Second, eliminating nags is simple. I just lightly hold the wheel and I never get nags. Looking forward to 12.4.x.
Why is it so hard to realize FSD is no longer junk? Needs improvement of course but it's come a long way.

View attachment 1055811
It's not hard to realize anything when it comes to opinions. Why is it so hard for you to realize that I can have my own opinion and it doesn't have to be the same as yours?

To me, FSD was supposed to replace me driving. Full Self Driving. Not SuPeRvIsEd. I did not purchase anything that promised a supervised version. I purchased a product, that was falsely represented by Tesla's video, to DRIVE ON IT'S OWN WITHOUT ME HOLDING OR JERKING THE STEERING WHEEL. 5 years later, and I still HAVE to hold/jerk the wheel, even after the junk is out of beta. Not only do I HAVE to do that, I also HAVE to stare straight at the road, can't spend too much time looking out the of side window or looking at the center screen to find a song I want because then big brother cabin camera will punish me.

Aside from all of that, why do you find the word "junk" so offensive? Junk is not garbage. Do you not have a junk drawer in your house? It's just stuff that isn't necessarily useful but could come in handy one day, and that's why you keep it. If it was garbage, you'd just throw it out. I know you have a hard time accepting that I can have my own opinion, but to me it's junk, it's there to mess with every now and then but it has no purposeful daily use for me because I find driving manually much easier and relaxing, without having to jerk off the steering wheel, worry about the big brother cabin camera, or any sort of strikes. Those nuisenaces to me minimize the value of FSD's driving abilities.

Looks like no new wave of 2024.14.9 yet today
Notateslapp shows negative 1100 rollout which either means Tesla pulled 14.9 off of 1000 cars before they could install or pushed 1000 cars to 20.1 before they could install. Or they are rolling out and it is just a net 1000 pulled off. Impossible to know when it is negative value.

It's not hard to realize anything when it comes to opinions. Why is it so hard for you to realize that I can have my own opinion and it doesn't have to be the same as yours?

To me, FSD was supposed to replace me driving. Full Self Driving. Not SuPeRvIsEd. I did not purchase anything that promised a supervised version. I purchased a product, that was falsely represented by Tesla's video, to DRIVE ON IT'S OWN WITHOUT ME HOLDING OR JERKING THE STEERING WHEEL. 5 years later, and I still HAVE to hold/jerk the wheel, even after the junk is out of beta. Not only do I HAVE to do that, I also HAVE to stare straight at the road, can't spend too much time looking out the of side window or looking at the center screen to find a song I want because then big brother cabin camera will punish me.

Aside from all of that, why do you find the word "junk" so offensive? Junk is not garbage. Do you not have a junk drawer in your house? It's just stuff that isn't necessarily useful but could come in handy one day, and that's why you keep it. If it was garbage, you'd just throw it out. I know you have a hard time accepting that I can have my own opinion, but to me it's junk, it's there to mess with every now and then but it has no purposeful daily use for me because I find driving manually much easier and relaxing, without having to jerk off the steering wheel, worry about the big brother cabin camera, or any sort of strikes. Those nuisenaces to me minimize the value of FSD's driving abilities.
TLDR Version:
One man’s junk is another man’s treasure 😀