Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5106.jpeg

There is a few hours left. ;)
The fact that we have seen no installs from Teslafi or Teslascope, knowing some of the employees are using those and no news from the usual peeps, no way this was dropped to employees days ago. Now thinking 3 to 7 days for us unfortunately. Omar isn't even saying anything, and we know he starts leaking as soon as he hears anything. Watch for 3 to 5 installs in the next day, then eventually we will see something. @SSDTester#1 will likely be first to get it here. So let us know when you do, no Doritos and Playstation this time.

Edit: this was just posted, so looks like employees getting it now. 2024.15.10
We should start seeing TeslaFi reporting installs in small numbers very soon.

Last edited:
The way they prove its sufficiently ready though is via millions of miles of testing. When they eventually make a meaningful change to the monitoring requirements (either L3 operation or driverless operation in a limited region), which I do think will eventually happen, it won't coincide with a major release. It'll a be more or less a release we've all been driving for a while.
Tesla says they're not testing robotaxi software on customer vehicles so it can't be a release we've all been driving. :p

The fact that we have seen no installs from Teslafi or Teslascope, knowing some of the employees are using those and no news from the usual peeps, no way this was dropped to employees days ago. Now thinking 3 to 7 days for us unfortunately. Omar isn't even saying anything, and we know he starts leaking as soon as he hears anything. Watch for 3 to 5 installs in the next day, then eventually we will see something. @SSDTester#1 will likely be first to get it here. So let us know when you do, no Doritos and Playstation this time.

Edit: this was just posted, so looks like employees getting it now. 2024.15.10
We should start seeing TeslaFi reporting installs in small numbers very soon.

Definitely an employee, he won't publish release notes:

The release notes never really helped much, anyway. "37.6% smoother turns" - what the heck does that even mean? The most important information is that an employee got it meaning it will probably start going out to influencers in 1-2 weeks and the rest of us after that.

In the mean time I have to go to work so I'll let FSD drive me.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Tesla says they're not testing robotaxi software on customer vehicles so it can't be a release we've all been driving. :p

Sure they are, Tesla's FSD strategy is fundamentally "test at scale, on real cars, in production". If not for robotaxi, what are they building for?

The release notes never really helped much, anyway. "37.6% smoother turns" - what the heck does that even mean? The most important information is that an employee got it meaning it will probably start going out to influencers in 1-2 weeks and the rest of us after that.

I liked them, but they have to view through a lens of "what problems are the engineering teams hoping to make improvements or changes to this release". I wouldn't view it as a promise of success on those areas, after all the release notes are written before a release makes it way to us so they only have internal testing to go on.

Sure they are, Tesla's FSD strategy is fundamentally "test at scale, on real cars, in production". If not for robotaxi, what are they building for?

I liked them, but they have to view through a lens of "what problems are the engineering teams hoping to make improvements or changes to this release". I wouldn't view it as a promise of success on those areas, after all the release notes are written before a release makes it way to us so they only have internal testing to go on.
except the notes for point releases generally have no changes from the previous version anyway.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Looks like the wording of the Vision-Based Attention Monitoring release notes are different:

When Full Self-Driving (Supervised) is enabled, the driver monitoring system primarily relies on the cabin camera to determine driver attentiveness. Cabin camera must have clear visibility (e.g., camera is not occluded, eyes, arms, are visible, there is sufficient cabin illumination, and the driver is looking forward at the road without sunglasses, or other objects covering their eyes). In other circumstances, the driver monitoring system will primarily rely on torque-based (steering wheel) monitoring to detect driver attentiveness.
If the cabin camera detects inattentiveness, a warning will appear. The warning can be dismissed by the driver immediately reverting their attention back to the road ahead. Warnings will escalate depending on the nature and frequency of detected inattentiveness, with continuous inattention leading to a Strikeout.​
When Full Self-Driving (Supervised) is enabled, the driver monitoring system now primarily relies on the cabin camera to determine driver attentiveness. This enhancement is available on vehicles equipped with a cabin camera and only when the cabin camera has clear and continuous visibility of the driver's eyes (e.g., the camera is not occluded, there is sufficient cabin illumination, and the driver is looking forward at the road ahead and not wearing sunglasses, a hat with a low brim, or other objects covering the eyes). Outside of these circumstances, the driver monitoring system will continue to rely on a combination of torque-based (steering wheel) and vision-based monitoring to detect driver attentiveness. When the cabin camera is actively monitoring driver attentiveness, a green dot appears next to the steering wheel icon on the touchscreen.
If the camera detects the driver to be inattentive, a warning will appear. The warning can be dismissed by the driver immediately reverting their attention back to the road ahead. Warnings will escalate depending on the nature and frequency of detected inattentiveness, with continuous inattention leading to a Strikeout.​
Cabin camera images do not leave the vehicle itself, which means the system cannot save or transmit information unless you enable data sharing.

But they have to have some motivation for the changes they make. I'd like to at least see notes like "added 100k video clips for lane splits to reduce lane decision wobble". Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I'm just curious what problems they're going after.
My guess is they are trying to address the regressions while keeping any improvements they can.