Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Elon says "interventions" I assume he means "safety critical interventions", or cases where the car does significantly the wrong thing. Otherwise it doesn't really make sense to say fewer interventions but less smoothness.

The vast majority of my interventions are pretty minor things, typically not safety related, but annoying none the less. Some are smoothness related, some hesitancy / acceleration related (I guess you could call that "smoothness"), some are lane selection related, etc.

I do find 12.3.6 to be very smooth laterally, but quite terrible longitudinally (acceleration / braking).

Reactions: kabin
Elon recently said this weekend for Tesla employees. Appears that may have happened. Still need confirmation.

View attachment 1061174

x.com

Yep, it was delayed after all.

Fear not, it has "far fewer interventions." :)

Screenshot 2024-06-30 190121.png

• Funny
Reactions: gsmith123
When Elon says "interventions" I assume he means "safety critical interventions", or cases where the car does significantly the wrong thing. Otherwise it doesn't really make sense to say fewer interventions but less smoothness.

The vast majority of my interventions are pretty minor things, typically not safety related, but annoying none the less. Some are smoothness related, some hesitancy / acceleration related (I guess you could call that "smoothness"), some are lane selection related, etc.

I do find 12.3.6 to be very smooth laterally, but quite terrible longitudinally (acceleration / braking).

Yep, longitudinally braking and acceleration feels like a hodgepodge of logic strung together. Stiff braking early then abrupt let off, then another round of slightly less harsh braking, followed by slow meandering to a stop. Same thing for acceleration. Why they couldn't figure it out in advance or recognize it during road tests after all these releases is beyond me.

I dunno. I think I'd take his "interventions" as, well, "interventions". Your adding "safety critical" to the word is you putting words in somebody else's mouth.

I intervene when the car is doing something wrong, period. Wrong lanes; not handling a turn properly; getting stuck in traffic going past rapidly that the car could, in theory, power up and merge into, but won't unless there's a big delay, and so on. Yep, there's the occasional "safety" in there. But if Elon's saying he's going after "interventions", then I'd strongly guess that he's going after a bunch of them, and not just any "safety critical" ones.

I dunno. I think I'd take his "interventions" as, well, "interventions". Your adding "safety critical" to the word is you putting words in somebody else's mouth.

I intervene when the car is doing something wrong, period. Wrong lanes; not handling a turn properly; getting stuck in traffic going past rapidly that the car could, in theory, power up and merge into, but won't unless there's a big delay, and so on. Yep, there's the occasional "safety" in there. But if Elon's saying he's going after "interventions", then I'd strongly guess that he's going after a bunch of them, and not just any "safety critical" ones.
I'm just amused that I beat Sawyer to the scoop by about 2 hours.
Guess my "insiders" are better. Maybe I could Shill for a living 🤔!!!
Either way, at least we know it's real and not imaginary any more.

I'm just amused that I beat Sawyer to the scoop by about 2 hours.
Guess my "insiders" are better. Maybe I could Shill for a living 🤔!!!
Either way, at least we know it's real and not imaginary any more.
More important than the smoothness, are the model x wide open doors and adaptive headlights and auto shift included in this.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Why they couldn't figure it out in advance or recognize it during road tests after all these releases is beyond me.

It would be pretty unbelievable that they don't know - it's just a hard a problem I guess.

That's fair, I'm totally putting words in his mouth. But Elon isn't the most precise communicator at times.

I think what I'm skeptical of is if I got an FSD release that was worse on smoothness it would 100% cause me to make more interventions. I'm struggling to imagine how intervention rate could go down if smoothness is noticeably improved. Maybe if they resolved a bunch of cases where the car smoothly does the wrong thing (lane selection comes to mind).

I'm also having trouble reconciling AI Drivrs experience with excessive lane changes. Those were smooth but would cause interventions.

I'm still on 2024.14.9, I thought most FSD testers were in the same boat
There are old testers and new testers. A lot of people that got their first taste of FSD in 12.3.3 will want to try 12.4.x asap but if they ended up back on the main branch after letting the monthly subscription lapse, they have a longer wait ahead.

There are old testers and new testers
Where old testers are typically those who had paid for FSD Capability while new testers got it via the free trial that is most likely lapsed. Tesla sends FSD-focused updates to those with FSD Capability and avoids upgrading them past the next planned FSD version, which is currently 2024.15.10 / 12.4.2 and why those without FSD Capability active have been moved to 2024.20.x.

Reactions: FSDtester#1