Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding parking, when I navigated to Grocery Outlet yesterday, this is where the car drove, stopping where the arrowhead is:

Nick Park.jpg

It did the funny back and forth steering wheel thing that AI Driver reported.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Wonder how many of these bad behaviors are related to FSD being trained to follow other vehicles and thereby assume all is safe and legal. It could be a training short cut but there are bad outcomes.

Who knew end-to-end AI meant the front end of the FSD vehicle following the tail end of another vehicle, Elon's comment about this being much easier than thought is starting to make sense

Here's a clip that shows the car not completing a requested lane change. That is, it started changing lanes, then hovered between lanes for a bit and then went back to the original lane. This starts at 0:42. I included the whole minute of dashcam footage to give you a feeling for what the drive is like.

Actually, I think I requested the lane change with the stalk, but the car may have done it on its own. That could be unrelated to V12, but I've never noticed it doing that with V11. The white thing on the top right is the tail of my surfboard.

Looks like they stopped the rollout on Tuesday - I understand being careful, but I don't understand why they don't give us the choice as beta testers. If I select Advanced rollout option, I'm agreeing to be a guinea pig of guinea pigs. Doesn't feel good that after 2 years I'm still in the general release pool (i.e. 8 weeks after release) as someone who signed up today.

Looks like they stopped the rollout on Tuesday - I understand being careful, but I don't understand why they don't give us the choice as beta testers. If I select Advanced rollout option, I'm agreeing to be a guinea pig of guinea pigs. Doesn't feel good that after 2 years I'm still in the general release pool (i.e. 8 weeks after release) as someone who signed up today.
My guess is they discovered something especially dangerous that killed 4 guinea pigs. As one of the anointed few, that's a bit scary.

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
It seems like people reported a lot of issue with the auto max speed feature, so they are revising it and will release a new version:

It’s a safety concern that they removed the ability to bypass the nag with alternate hands free options? If your hands are on the wheel these are not needed.
Sometimes I use to drive with my hands on my knees, and used the stalk or scroll wheels to dismiss the nags, especially when proving to a passenger that the car was driving on its own. I decided that this added a split second of reaction time in the case of emergencies and wasn't worth the added risk.

Apparently Tesla decided the same thing.

I don't understand why they don't give us the choice as beta testers. If I select Advanced rollout option, I'm agreeing to be a guinea pig of guinea pigs.
This is the silliest rollout ever.

Seems it would be good for Tesla and us (win/win) to use established folks like Chuck, Dirty, and Black Tesla who have the equipment to share and publicize. Nothing against those who have it - just feels like a SNAFU. I just have to mute Mars and prefer objective analysis. Plus looks like he has re-enabled his anti-nag device. :(

Reactions: scottf200
Last edited:
Reactions: PianoAl
Wonder how many of these bad behaviors are related to FSD being trained to follow other vehicles and thereby assume all is safe and legal. It could be a training short cut but there are bad outcomes.

Tesla, please, please don't regard it as bad behavior. In my part of town, if you don't cross the double yellow line early, you'll never get the chance to turn left.

That is, it started changing lanes, then hovered between lanes for a bit and then went back to the original lane.
It looks like the combination of trying to smoothly change lanes to the inside lane on a curve (executed slowly to keep down lateral forces) followed by seeing merge signs ahead (merge back). With no other cars around to push it to do anything, it took its time. Now if you were to see that behavior on straight road without a merge, I'd be more inclined to wonder what the heck was going on.

Here's a clip that shows the car not completing a requested lane change. That is, it started changing lanes, then hovered between lanes for a bit and then went back to the original lane. This starts at 0:42. I included the whole minute of dashcam footage to give you a feeling for what the drive is like.

Actually, I think I requested the lane change with the stalk, but the car may have done it on its own. That could be unrelated to V12, but I've never noticed it doing that with V11. The white thing on the top right is the tail of my surfboard.
I think it aborted the lane change went back to the left lane because it knew the right lane was ending, perhaps using map data?. Seems correct behavior to me.

Last edited: