Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any word on how v12 handles raised railroad crossings? Does it actually slow down appropriately, or just barrel over them, attempting to set a record for a big, big jump?

1710458703724.gif

GaryBlack had a fun ride. I wonder what the solution will be for these near misses (@1:00)
Which portion are you referring to for near misses? In Lower Wacker with the columns and short visibility merges?

12.2.1 actually ended up ignoring 2 stop signs one at 15:20 and soon after at 15:30 when he was trying to leave a voice drive note about the first one:

12.2.1 chicago stops.jpg

Maybe Chicago with double stop signs on the far corner is confusing end-to-end?

I don't see X anymore - not just because of Elon but also in general all this social media is geared towards making people angry. Much better for my mood when I stay off all social media designed around highlighting outrage.

Back on topic - yes - its possible Elon asked his senior leaders to tweet more often.

ps : BTW, VP in one company is not the same as another. In MSFT a VP could have 1,000 people working for them. At another large company I was with, they could have just 5 junior programmers !
In Banking, the VP is just a senior business analyst 🤷🏽‍♂️

Any word on how v12 handles raised railroad crossings? Does it actually slow down appropriately, or just barrel over them, attempting to set a record for a big, big jump?
It does a great job with speed bumps, negotiating different types of speed bumps at appropriate speeds. If it doesn't handle ramped railroad crossings well today, it can be trained to do so in the future, as long as there are visual cues to the amount of ramping present.

Reactions: rlsd
Not if the road is jam packed with cars all doing 20+mph

The traffic police have some unwritten rules. One of them is NOT to create a road blockage during rush hour.
The thing is, if people know that 20+mph results in truly unwanted consequences, they don't drive that fast most of the time. Thus, you don't get situations were every car is 20+mph.

Here, going 40kph (~25mph) over the posted limited is an automatic stunt driving charge. The car is towed to impound.

People still do it, but the norm on our major highways is 15kph over on the 100kph roads (which tend to be 4 lane divided) And 10kph over on the 80kph highways (2 lanes, undivided.) The others truly stick out making it easier to be spotted by an officer.

Because I have lived and driven here for 45+ years, the speeds many of the TMC posters talk about seem insane to me and do nothing to make me trust FSDb since it is programmed and trained by people in places where speed is not a limit but a weak suggestion and the driver/ego is number one and all that matters; the surrounding cars need to make way for it.