Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're all beginning to sound like Omar - which is actually a good thing. One rave review means nothing. Many rave reviews is a promising sign.
Show me the flawless unprotected lefts (the high-speed cross-traffic variety, not the oncoming-traffic variety), and I’ll attempt to believe and see the error of my ways. (Of course, I have always believed and made very clear that I think v12 will be better than v11 overall.)

If 12.3 goes wide I will very likely get a beer, but if there’s another iteration (seems more likely I guess?) then the situation will be more thrilling for all involved.

Y'alls don't care about my opinion, and you haven't tried 12.2.1, so you don't have reference, but 12.3:

1) Way better than 12.2.1
2) Not perfect in parking lots, but way better, it's logical but drives like some alien that hasn't driven many parking lots
3) In general way better
4) Doesn't freeze at the stop sign out of my neighborhood
5) Disengagement-free drives will be more normal now

I'm sure you found that really helpful.

Is 12.3 ChatGPT-moment worthy? Not sure, but if it drives this well in other areas of the USA, then yes

We've come a long way from "It won't go when the light turns green."
Perhaps too soon! 12.3 seems to be more decisive even when wrong such as this stopping at a green light (with red left light):

12.3 stop green.jpg

Check out that full braking power meter making a great emergency stop from 33mph before the line if it was actually red.

It does a great job with speed bumps, negotiating different types of speed bumps at appropriate speeds. If it doesn't handle ramped railroad crossings well today, it can be trained to do so in the future, as long as there are visual cues to the amount of ramping present.
RR crossings are hard - we have several around here that you can drive over without slowing at all. Then there are others that will destroy your car if you try to do that.

Show me the flawless unprotected lefts (the high-speed cross-traffic variety, not the oncoming-traffic variety), and I’ll attempt to believe and see the error of my ways. (Of course, I have always believed and made very clear that I think v12 will be better than v11 overall.)

If 12.3 goes wide I will very likely get a beer, but if there’s another iteration (seems more likely I guess?) then the situation will be more thrilling for all involved.
We need to have a beer scale for unprotected lefts. It can start out at Blatz or Bud Light, then move up to Miller Genuine Draft, then Heinekin or Stella. After that maybe Sam Adams….

I feel that, after trying V12.3, that FSD really will reach the goal of a level 4 system. There are still specific features it needs and it will take some time to get them all but it does seem like this is the start of a real self driving system. Once it reaches that goal it will be completely ... unimpressive. I say that because each time I show my wife a new capability of the system, like dodging debris in the street, her reaction is always, "That's normal." Once it can do everything, it will drive like normal, and no one will think anything of it.

For those with 12.3, how does it behave when making a left turn at a light when the oncoming traffic is also turning left? V11 would invariably panic and slam on the brakes in the middle of the intersection for me.
V12.2.1 did a pretty good job at this. V12.3 does a better job. It feels like something I can begin to trust now.

My first drive with v12.3.

It's better v12.2.1 with the following:

a. Moved faster at the intersection after stopping and when turning.
b. Changed lane earlier before making turn.
c. Did not exit freeway 1 exit early at the same place v12.2.1 did (just 1 time observation)

Nice thing: Stopped at pedestrian crosswalk right away when pedestrian ran to the crosswalk late.

I have the following disengagements:

a. Made right turn too close to a parked car at the corner of a crooked T section. Not sure it would hit the parked car or not.

b. Did not make right turn after exiting freeway to street. It kept waiting while the other car on the left lane already turned. It's probably confused with the white sign in the picture. The sign tells to watch for pedestrians. Maybe it thought no turn on red.

c. Entered the wrong right turn lane (1 lane early). It then crossed the intersection to go to the bike or shoulder lane. This is really not good.

d. When it was about to make right turn to a narrow street, another car from the other side of the street moved fast to the intersection. Not sure it would hit that car or not.

e. Chose the left lane instead of right lane at a T section and could not make right turn. (only right lane can turn right)

Attachments

• WrongTurnLane.jpg
    WrongTurnLane.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 6
  • TurnTooCloseToParkedCar.jpg
    TurnTooCloseToParkedCar.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 6
  • StoppedForSuddenPedestrian.jpg
    StoppedForSuddenPedestrian.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 4
  • DidNotMakeRightTurn.jpg
    DidNotMakeRightTurn.jpg