Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yellow light duration "standards" are just suggestions, and every locality does whatever the hell they want. Mostly, they are understaffed and mess them up, or have old equipment that is hard or impossible to adjust.
In California (at least) there is a minimum yellow time dictated by the speed limit. This was a way to get red light tickets tossed out (if the particular traffic light didn't adhere to the minimum).

I received v12.3 2023.44.30.25 yesterday. I am not sure about the new way speed control works. On 11.v I could set a speed and the car would maintain that speed except when following a slower car of in a turn. Now I set a speed and have found I must use the accelerator to get the car to the selected speed. Not sure about this new system. Am I missing something?
Switch it off. I switched it off and waiting to see if 12.3.1 corrects it.

Reactions: old pilot
Well, did you enjoy it? I think its much better than Omar's and Chuck's movies! 😂
Now that I have v12 I can "watch my on clips" is real time. 🤣 Too long for me and probably not quality enough. Don't mind watching some of Chuck, AI DRIVR or Dirty Tesla's since they all have higher quality setups with multi cameras, HDMI out screen and good editing.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Now that I have v12 I can "watch my on clips" is real time. 🤣 Too long for me and probably not quality enough. Don't mind watching some of Chuck, AI DRIVR or Dirty Tesla's since they all have higher quality setups with multi cameras, HDMI out screen and good editing.
Its not the equipment! You need the right "tracks" and environments. And the courage not to disengage! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Ramphex
This is close to what I want for autopark but not perfect.

I also want to be able to park at the parking spot closest (or within a set distance) to my GPS setting. I also want to be able to set Home/Work locations using GPS locations. Right now the car does not know where to go when it arrives at my work place.

Reactions: VanFriscia
It’s key to know these phrases, which are deep truths:

“All input is error.”
“The best part is no part.”

As has been astutely pointed out, they are quite a bit different in implementation since one has a target end location which is harder than just picking a profile.
the end target makes little difference.
I have posted quantifiable data which has nothing to do with preference. It points to a metric that is well established, in an objective sense, to be comfortable and comforting. Unless you are looking for some sort of neck-strengthening exercise. As a bonus, it is more efficient and safer too.
You've focused on how much the regeneration line bounces around which has little correlation with anything and I have little difficulty holding my head still when my car stops.
I don’t understand people’s hesitance to call out an obviously objectively poor aspect of FSD. As you all know I am very bullish about v12. This does not mean we can’t criticize the obvious undesirable aspects of it.

We all know perfectly well that passengers will get super upset with the occasionally poor current stopping behavior from 45-50mph.
the stopping in V12 is far better than it was in V11 for me. I have yet to drive with any passengers but I have a hard time believing they'd have any issues. Either we're experiencing dramatically different things or you're hyper fixating on a trivial issue that isn't bothersome to most people.

More like 90% in my case (atleast pre-Covid when I used to commute to work and use autopark to park at the office building).

I hope the new version works as well as in other cars !
I gave up trying to use auto park because it was so abysmally poor. the majority of the time it wouldn't even recognize a space. The few times it did it would usually fail. I think I had a 'successful' park once or twice in all my attempts.

There is no way to switch it off (except to completely disable FSD). The new mode for determining speed is active when the old mode is selected.
I don’t understand people’s hesitance to call out an obviously objectively poor aspect of FSD.
Even the 'old' mode is broken. It shows the speed and let you adjust it like it did in V11 but it doesn't actually drive that speed unless you manually accelerate.

BTW, I 100% agree with you that speed control is broken on 12.3. My disengagement rate on 12.3 is lower but the intervention rate is higher because I'm constantly pressing the accelerator.

Small consolation for those that have been upgraded to the 2024 branch. You're likely to get this new Autopark before those of us on V12:

Some people get new features, some people get new junk v12, some people get nothing

I like getting nothing…. It’s really nice….

• Funny
the end target makes little difference.
Huh?

the stopping in V12 is far better than it was in V11 for me.
Would be interesting to know the characteristics of your surface streets (typical speed). I think anything below about 35-40mph will be pretty decent if it’s flat.
I don’t really know anyone who crawls to a stop and stops five or ten feet behind the line though (when traffic is behind, anyway). That applies at any speed.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EVNow
There is no way to switch it off (except to completely disable FSD). The new mode for determining speed is active when the old mode is selected.
I have only drove a couple of miles with it off (in city) but seems to keep a more constant speed. But by switching it off you can at least control the speed the "old" way with the up/down wheel and don't have to use the accelerator.

Even the 'old' mode is broken
Yes that is what I said (several times now!).

I have only drove a couple of miles with it off but seems to keep a more constant speed. But by switching it off you can control the speed the "old" way with the up/down wheel.

The two modes aren’t the same, of course. But you’ll find the “old” way is not the same as the old way, and it’s similarly broken. You can try to control the speed (but it will mostly be ignored if it wants to go slower). It still uses the new method to determine the proper speed, somehow.

I am not saying they behave the same way. It’s possible the “old” way (not the old way) behaves better than the new way. Though personally I haven’t seen much difference.

Huh?

Would be interesting to know the characteristics of your surface streets (typical speed). I think anything below about 35-40mph will be pretty decent if it’s flat.
I don’t really know anyone who crawls to a stop and stops five feet behind the line though (when traffic is behind, anyway). That applies at any speed.
Well, it's pretty flat here so I don't have much opportunity to evaluate stopping at the bottom of a hill.

As far as stopping behind the line, that's a NHTSA mandated behavior.

As far as stopping behind the line, that's a NHTSA mandated behavior.
You just have to stop behind the line. Not five or ten feet behind it. This is a new behavior and it is very weird. You can also see it in Chuck’s overhead videos to an extent.
IMG_0555.jpeg

Last night as mentioned it stopped basically a full car length behind a stop line. No idea why.

Last edited:
.....The two modes aren’t the same, of course. But you’ll find the “old” way is not the same as the old way, and it’s similarly broken. You can try to control the speed (but it will mostly be ignored if it wants to go slower). It still uses the new method to determine the proper speed, somehow.

I am not saying they behave the same way. It’s possible the “old” way (not the old way) behaves better than the new way. Though personally I haven’t seen much difference.
Well regardless Elon promises a fix in 12.3.1 starting this weekend. And we know WHAT that means. It means it could be anything or nothing at any time. 🤣