Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the end target makes little difference.

You've focused on how much the regeneration line bounces around which has little correlation with anything and I have little difficulty holding my head still when my car stops.

the stopping in V12 is far better than it was in V11 for me. I have yet to drive with any passengers but I have a hard time believing they'd have any issues. Either we're experiencing dramatically different things or you're hyper fixating on a trivial issue that isn't bothersome to most people.
Ditto, I have now gone 4 days, 500 miles, city and highway and am absolutely happy with everything except for needing to push the accelerator from time to time.
Fix the damn speed controls, give it reverse, and ASS, and I will be happy 😊

Even the 'old' mode is broken. It shows the speed and let you adjust it like it did in V11 but it doesn't actually drive that speed unless you manually accelerate.

BTW, I 100% agree with you that speed control is broken on 12.3. My disengagement rate on 12.3 is lower but the intervention rate is higher because I'm constantly pressing the accelerator.
So weird... I have pressed the accelerator once (when the car wouldn't move on a green light). Such different experiences and tolerances.

For the next couple weeks at least, I'm going to assume they're prioritizing those already with 12.3 to test it before a bigger rollout.
And then 12.4
And then 12.4.1
And then...

Yeah it might take months before a majority of V11 users are moved to V12
I agree with everything except your last sentence.
I don't see any conceivable way that Tesla leaves people on V11 any longer then they have to. V12 is a quantum leap better. I am on day 2 of literally no interventions or disengagements. This includes the God awful speed controls. If I am not in any hurry, the speed doesn't matter. First 2 days I had places to be and was hitting that go pedal as needed. I have never been able, and believe me I tried, after backing into my driveway, which is steep and requires slow speed, to let fsd drive off it and onto the street. Now, I just tap the brake, hit the button, and drink my coffee with my sunglasses on and relax as it slowly pulls out of my driveway and takes me to point B with 0 inputs from me.

......I don't see any conceivable way that Tesla leaves people on V11 any longer than they have to. V12 is a quantum leap better. I am on day 2 of literally no interventions or disengagements.....
Seems from what we are all experiencing and the lack of any appreciable bugs that Tesla should VERY soon roll this out to everyone and replace the inferior v11.

Ha. Rebellionaire heading to Giga Nevada from Sparks Supercharger. "It's going kind of slow. I guess the speed limit is 20. I'm going to set it up so that it'll go a little bit over the speed limit. <bumps up to 30mph -- NHTSA max 50% above limit>"

View attachment 1030115

12.3 was correctly driving 20mph although only because it was limited by traditional control with the 0 offset above detected limit. Because it quickly accelerated up to 30mph when the set speed bumped up, presumably this means AUTO would have wanted to go faster, and visually, there's 2 travel lanes in each direction separated by a median and surrounded by bike lanes.

Although given that the 20mph speed limit has yellow flags on it to draw extra attention, this might be a location where cops like to enforce the lower speed next to high pedestrian traffic / playground. I wonder if data collection will send back human driving behavior triggered by detection of nearby cops?
It makes sense that the cars will slow dramatically when police cars are observed ... that's what humans do. In fact, I often turn off course just because I don't like having law enforcement right behind me. Maybe cars will automatically make a turn in the future to avoid being scrutinized by the police.😃

3 days now on V12 with lots of drives (10ish) including a short trip in Boston.

Good
  • Passed the spouse test. First time ever. Spouse would still rather I drive though.
  • Every drive but one was zero disengagements.
  • Less than 5 interventions. All for going too slow.
  • My objective has been to see if the drive would reach the destination if I wasn't in the drivers seat. In all but one drive the answer was yes. In the one drive where I disengaged FSD would have been successful but you would have 1 pissed off driver who FSD wanted to cut in front of. Yes, FSD sometimes did go too slow which needs to be addressed. Nobody honked at me though.
  • Very short time in Boston. No problems but not nearly enough of a drive to come to any conclusions.
  • Aced a couple of odd shaped intersections I thought even V12 would fail. Pretty amazing.

Bad
  • Only one safety disengagement. FSD was too aggressive on an UPL turn.
  • Sometimes too slow requiring the accelerator pedal but a couple of times. Most of the drives were with some traffic so speed was ok.
  • Highway used to be way better than city/streets. Now it's the opposite.

Last edited:
Got to see a customer an hour and half away from me tomorrow. I budgeted the whole day since I’ll be doing 38mph on 55mph roads most of the drive.
Ouch - that's terrible. My local 50MPH roads the car does just under (with no traffic), so about 48MPH or so. If traffic starts flowing around me faster than 50MPH, the car picks up speed to match it. I've yet to have it do that much slower speed, so I wonder why your car is significantly slower than mine.

Ouch - that's terrible. My local 50MPH roads the car does just under (with no traffic), so about 48MPH or so. If traffic starts flowing around me faster than 50MPH, the car picks up speed to match it. I've yet to have it do that much slower speed, so I wonder why your car is significantly slower than mine.
Would love to see videos of it going faster than the speed limit and keeping up with traffic. On Mira Mesa people routinely travel 55mph or more in the 50mph area, and I don’t think the car will consistently keep up at those speeds.

Just has not been the case. It’s broken. Tesla (Elon) has also said it is broken.

It’s a complicated system so I imagine there are situations where it will work reasonably well. Sometimes I do not have to push the accelerator - that is true - after all, I only had 10 or 15 interventions that I reported.

But it’s a real thing.

Reactions: sleepydoc
OK lol times a million. I drove a demo 2023 Y today, and it has FSD. v11, but still. (hang on, its relevant, chill out).

This intersection is technically a UPL, but only has traffic from the right.

v11 FSDb pulled out in front of 2 cars coming from the right, doing about 45. With the angle of approach, its about 30° from directly head on to traffic from the right. You can't see cars until they clear the trees, and by then its too late, if they are going over about 30 (speed limit, but everyone does 45 down that hill).

It didn't even pause to check for traffic, just sent it. Had to slam on the brakes to prevent a really bad accident.

So my pont is, this will be a really good test of v12+ (whatever wide release ends up at). I'll subscribe for 1 month and test it again, whenever that is.

FSD will kill someone at intersections like this.

(and btw, v11 sucks b---s, omg it is so bad. Had about 6 disengagements per block, most would have caused accidents. 12 months ago y'all were equally fired up about it. What a load of garbage.

IMG_6521.png
IMG_6520.png

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Weather? We have had snow this week, but the roads are dry and clear. There is snow on the ground. I get the FSD degraded message if there are flurries in the air. This might have something to do with it.

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
Would love to see videos of it going faster than the speed limit and keeping up with traffic. On Mira Mesa people routinely travel 55mph or more in the 50mph area, and I don’t think the car will consistently keep up at those speeds.

Just has not been the case. It’s broken. Tesla (Elon) has also said it is broken.

It’s a complicated system so I imagine there are situations where it will work reasonably well. Sometimes I do not have to push the accelerator - that is true - after all, I only had 10 or 15 interventions that I reported.

But it’s a real thing.
No need for video, just put your car into a herd of cars all going over the speed limit. Voila. If it's just a few cars passing you randomly, it won't speed. If it's just the lead car speeding away from you, it won't speed. Needs to be a herd of cars around you (several in front, several behind you, and several to the sides of you).

This is all pointless anyway, because 12.3.1 is going to fix it.

It makes sense that the cars will slow dramatically when police cars are observed ... that's what humans do. In fact, I often turn off course just because I don't like having law enforcement right behind me. Maybe cars will automatically make a turn in the future to avoid being scrutinized by the police.😃
I was on V11 driving from NYC to Boston doing about 80 on I84, and all of a sudden Nameless just slowed down to 65. I had no idea why, but then I began to see flashing lights waaaaay up ahead. Sure enough, it was a cop on the shoulder with somebody pulled over. As soon as we got by him, Nameless sped back up. My jaw dropped.