Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine if Tesla allowed us users to fix mapping issues via some sort of Tesla portal. Crowdsourcing could have most mapping issues in the world fixed really quickly, knowing the technical acuity of most of Tesla's customer base!
Phantom lane changes drives me nuts more than anything. It always changes lanes on a 2 lane road at the same place when there’s no traffic or even a car in front. I’ve reported this hundreds of times now I don’t even bother. Neural networks or an intern better fix this!

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
12.3 fixed a lot of longstanding issues for me, but also introduced many new regressions. Makes wrong lane choices that go off-route when they were never an issue on v11. When it approaches some intersections it gets indecisive about what lane to choose, and sort of straddles the line. It encountered a red light with a flashing yellow turn arrow and refused to take the turn. On bends it didn't stay in its lane and crossed over the white lane lines into adjacent lanes. Generally V12 is very smooth but plays too loose with the lane markers.

Yes, I'm assuming the lead vehicle is in hard brake mode which seems pretty accurate from the sounds of the driver like you said. Those wide angle lens make it tricky to judge distance.
FSD braked to keep a large gap between it and the car in front. FSD has always done that because Tesla doesn't need a regular pattern of its cars even so much as bumping the car in front. In a situation like this, it produces a hard brake. It's dangerous to the following car, as demonstrated by that video, but it's better for Tesla that their cars be hit than to hit.

I hope that they'll eventually get around to using the available space to give the lowest braking acceleration possible, while simultaneously keeping an eye on an escape path and the car behind. It's about the most frenetic driving situation that I get into on a regular basis. I need three eyes to keep track of everything involved.

I'll add that the guy in the video was giving a nice YouTube overreaction to the situation, including a claim that the brakes locked up. Obviously no modern car is going to lock up the brakes. Do anti-lock brakes "buzz" anymore? That's about the most he would be able to notice.

OK, just completed my shopping trip circle, ~30 miles, with FSDb V12.3 split into 4 drives. (Assertive, AutoMax)

State Farm safety scoring:

1711322645131.png

1711322672852.png

(It would only let me post 2 of the 4, the other two: one was perfect, the other had two hits on acceleration and one on cornering.)

No braking events.

It fixes all of the issues I had with V11.x, leaving just the new issues to resolve.

Last edited:
Early report on 12.3.1. Chill, Average. Auto Speed. zero offsets. Local unmarked neighborhood.

1. Speed up to Max or Max-1 (25 mph)
2. No big dip on speed on slow down to stop sign.
3. Acceleration after Stop, OK.
4. Turns seems more sharp. i.e. less corner cut. Or I may be more sensitive to curbing now!
5. Slow down for dips.

All good to me.

I will call it a day as rain is coming and I just washed the car yesterday!

Last edited:
Early report on 12.3.1. Chill, Average. Auto Speed. zero offsets. Local unmarked neighborhood.

4. Turns seems more sharp. i.e. less corner cut. Or I may be more sensitive to curbing now!
5. Slow down for dips.

All good to me.

Is the new autopark included? The new videos of it out there look promising! No more 3 point turn to park, it just pulls right in! I know it’s on the new 2024 build but Park assist for hardware 4 was in a later build and it made its way to one of the earlier FSD beta tracks before the software caught up.

Is the new autopark included? The new videos of it out there look promising! No more 3 point turn to park, it just pulls right in! I know it’s on the new 2024 build but Park assist for hardware 4 was in a later build and it made its way to one of the earlier FSD beta tracks before the software caught up.
I didn't notice anything new on the release notes. So I guess its not included. I will not use autopark until Tesla takes up the repair cost in case anything happens. Also it has to be able to parallel park in tight San Francisco road sides with no wheel curbing.

5. Slow down for dips.

All good to me.

When you say turn is more sharp, do you mean it turns closer to 90 degree to lessen chance of hitting curves, or do you mean the other way around?

Snow storm is rolling in here in Colorado so planning to do a bit of testing (just on 12.3, not 12.3.1 yet) shortly. I expect we'll have 2-3" of snow for testing.

With just a light covering of snow a bit ago initial results are a little sus. On a 50mph highway (2 lanes in my direction) the car just... drifted... off into the right lane (we were in the left lane).

No blinker. clearly not a lane change per se. Visualization showed accurate lane markers. Super weird! I guess this is a downside of a fully AI approach. I did grab a dashcam snippet if anyone really wants to see (wasn't really that exciting).

There were no cars anywhere nearby so no safety issue. I assume adjacent vehicles would help it pick a reasonable path.

More 90 degrees. My training has been do my turns more 90 degrees. Now a days I see a lot of people cutting corners on turns. Not good!
The simulation demands 90 degree turns.

Gnomes are replacing parts of my Tesla with identical parts at the speed of light when I leave to go use the bathroom. I know they’re doing it but I can’t catch them. It’s not the same car that I got delivered anymore. How do you fix this problem?