Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V12.3.1 still failed in my area:
1. Not recognizing school zone sign. It ran 30-36 mph.
2. Not recognizing ramp meter red light.
I doubt that these issues are fixed in v12.3.2.1.
Tesla needs to send their testers to my area to test these cases instead sending them to Chuck Cooks's area.

That seems terribly inefficient. I'd be doing statistical analysis, and rely on the frequency of disengagements by location, by given reason, and by anything else available to me. Speed? Model? Time of day? If 100 drivers have disengaged while turning left between 5 and 6 pm at a given intersection, that's worth looking into. If a bunch of drivers are disengaging, it doesn't matter if Tesla considers it necessary because the people involved apparently did.

I'd love to see a disengagement heat map for my geographic area. Again, with various filters.
Why are we still getting the disengagement notice at the end of the navigation?
They turned this off when we were close to our destination, now it's back on..
I just say, "I am home, no problems Tesla team" when I get the "What happened"
Wasted data for them to sift through.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pdubs
Why has 12.3.2.1 deployment slowed since last night? I was hoping another wave would start this morning. Maybe this weekend…or another version in the works before wide deployment?

I want autopark. Of course, then I will want summon…too excited for April updates!
All will have it by late Sunday night 🌙 😴

Why are we still getting the disengagement notice at the end of the navigation?
They turned this off when we were close to our destination, now it's back on..
I just say, "I am home, no problems Tesla team" when I get the what happened.
Wasted data for them to sift through.
I wish they'd let us drop pins for "home" somewhere in our driveway and let the car do the whole end of drive.

Also, man, being back on 11.4.9 makes me appreciate and miss 12.3 sooooo much.

When looking at this stopping behavior, be sure to be traveling at least 50mph towards traffic lights
Oh, I guess that might be the key difference. Around here, I can go weeks without being on a city street needing to go over 50mph. There's basically total 5 roads / highways around here at that speed limit that I can make special trips to test.

Here's a query if people want to find 50-59mph speed limit highways: way[highway][maxspeed~"^5[0-9]"]({{bbox}});(._;>;);out; You can search for your city in the top right and/or zoom. Doing this for San Diego even warns that there might be too much data to render. 😅:p

osm 50-59mph.png

Tesla was already sued over FSD's naming years ago in Europe and needed to modify a bunch of the wording on the order page and in advertisements, though the Cali DMV is likely going a step further because those modifications have also existed on the US site since those changes were made in Europe.

If you go by what Tesla told the Cali DMV back in 2020, even a *final* release of FSD will still be Level 2.
Actually Tesla eventually won on appeal and you can see the current site has all the terminology returned to the original.

California made a big deal to the media about clamping down on Tesla's naming, but more than year has passed since the law came into effect and nothing has happened yet.

I wish they'd let us drop pins for "home" somewhere in our driveway and let the car do the whole end of drive.

Also, man, being back on 11.4.9 makes me appreciate and miss 12.3 sooooo much.
Even more precise would be.. YOU park the car exactly where you want it and then let the car take an EIGHT CAMERA SNAPSHOT of exactly where it is, and then when you want to the car to park it RIGHT there again as it’s certainly using vision (and for some cars still USS) when parking it should be able to put the car back pretty precisely where it created the snapshot. Certainly more so than any GPS map pin could do.

It would certainly work better for parking in a GARAGE where the GPS signal is going to be next to zero, but certainly not accurate enough for precision parking.

I’m sure the car could figure out with a combination of USS/Vision that I like to have the front left bumper ~ 22” from the water heater, 4” from the front wall, back left rear quarter panel 34” from the washing machine (which probably means the drivers B pillar cam is 54” inches from the garage door to the kitchen, etc.

Reactions: RabidYak
I thought you were no longer welcomed in this thread now that you reverted and are a double trader (car and FSD).
Man you guys are brutal. FINE I'll keep quite until I get back on the 12.3.x branch.
(I've emailed the FSDBeta team, opened a service ticket and tweeted @tesla also I mentioned it to Elon when we spoke this morning... shouldn't be long now)

Also no one seems to have asked. Did you (forced by gun point) take a "mandatory" FSD demo ride?
I wasn't even offered one! (I also mentioned it to Elon this morning... SHAME)

Man you guys are brutal. FINE I'll keep quite until I get back on the 12.3.x branch.
(I've emailed the FSDBeta team, opened a service ticket and tweeted @tesla also I mentioned it to Elon when we spoke this morning... shouldn't be long now)
What excuse did they give you at the Store? Did you tell them it was supposed to come with 24.3.x/12.3.x?

Also what are you on? 24.2.100?

EDIT: Just for reference the FSDBeta email hasn't been active or likely monitored in well over a year.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
What excuse did they give you at the Store? Did you tell them it was supposed to come with 24.3.x/12.3.x?
I felt bad for the guy, I made him go talk to service, the DC manager, the guys washing the cars... everyone. The best he could do was produce an internal document that's from Tesla corporate stating that if customer cars aren't delivered with 12.3 to ensure them that not all cars receive updates at the same time and that all cars will eventually get the update. I reiterated, "THATS NOT WHAT ELON SAID" and he was just basically like "Sorry bro, there's nothing I can do."

I even went as far as doing a software reinstall while sitting in the lot. It just reinstalled what was already on the car and didn't reset my daily update check so I'm stuck on 11.4.9 at LEAST until 4:08pm PST.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that on the way to work this morning I did see a configuration update pending notification, not sure what that was about but I guess I'll find out in a bit when I go show off the car to the coworkers heh.

I've found I can use the scroll wheel to slow the car down. (But it doesn't work to speed it up.)
This DOES do something, but it is very laggy and unpredictable in ASSO mode as compared to manual mode. Honestly it is strange. It is very hard to describe the behavior.

And it won’t address the original issue of speeding too fast in most circumstances, in any case.
As for scroll down, I did not try this. Again, I'll try those as well.
You’ll definitely need to turn off ASSO for predictable results (there is still a small lag).
I have not found that this works when ASSO mode is enabled (scroll down to an invisible 15mph or whatever). I guess I will try again. Maybe there is a long delay?
(v12.3)
It does something eventually in ASSO mode. Definitely worth scrolling UP to max a lot, if any issues with speed maintenance in ASSO mode; this ensures the hidden speed is high enough.

But not sure the benefit of ASSO mode since the core functionality is still there even with ASSO off.

With it off you can see the limit. If ASSO is on the limit actually is there, sort of, but it is hard to tell how it works or what it is set to. And if you scroll down a bunch that limit could be set way lower than you’d like and the car might then go WAY too slowly when conditions change. At least until the invisible limit is changed by a speed limit change, etc. The invisible limit may get reset occasionally due to such events based on your standard manual speed offset settings (did not have a chance to play around to confirm if that is true), so probably worthwhile setting that to a very high percentage.

Anyway all that complexity goes away if you just turn ASSO off.