Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So last night, version 2024.3.6 was installed on our model Y (2023) and we are not in the beta program. This must be the "every FSD capable car will get a month of FSD for free" program. We will try it out certainly. This morning an email arrived saying our free trial will end on April 30th. WooHoo!
1st drive of about 14 miles mixed between highway and surface streets. The only intervention was early on, while driving on the freeway, where the truck next to us began to swerve into our lane. My wife was driving and just did a reflex jerk of the wheel to move over. Not sure if it was necessary or not, but there was no time to let it play out. Other than that, the drive was uneventful. Hope this continues.

Last edited:
Good to see FSD is out of Beta now!
So what will Tesla call Summons and Banish (i.e. reverse summon) when there is nobody in the car? To what extent are you using you're Mobile phone to supervise?

I can't wait for the dramatic increase in Summons use compared to the old crappy version. I never used it with people around and the distance was very limited to be impractical. Just a party trick. You're going to have a lot of people seeing Tesla cars without a driver finally realizing how quickly the world is changing. Way more people freaking out seeing cars without drivers than old summons.

Got the download last night. I have a March 23 model y. Took it out for a test drive today about noon in town. I am pretty impressed for the most part.
It slowed down for speed bumps . It accelerates away from a stop sign harder
than I would ( I tried chill but it didn't seem to make a difference) and seems to hug to the driver side of the lane which different
than just autopilot. I stopped it a few time due to caution and construction zones.
I have to learn to get it to take the route I want rather than the one it picks.
Overall a great first impression. It took me awhile to get used to autopilot.

One thing I figured out and YMMV, if you get the red warning ⚠️.
Park, lock it, walk away for 1 minute. Then come back and start over.
The system has some kind of memory for not paying attention.
So when you first start, keep your head straight and eyes directly forward for 30 seconds or so. Then you won't get the red warning.
Now your nags should go away or at least decrease dramatically.
For those that ever got a strike, did you notice 2, 3, or 4 red warnings, them bang strike.
I don't get strikes.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Saw a new wave of 2024.3.6 going out on teslafi so I checked the app... Lo and behold!
1000004621.jpg
1000004623.jpg

Last edited: