Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's true, I'm in that camp of not getting 2024 with HW3 Model X
I'm too late for that, I upgraded to 2024 before I knew there would be delay. I wonder if the lack of interior camera is a problem? I'd be royally pissed off if for whatever reason the Hw3 cars weren't eligible for v12. I'm completely speculating but that's the only difference I could think of.

Reactions: Ramphex
Initial reaction on 12.3.2.1: it lives up to the hype.

I couldn’t go half a mile before disengaging on previous versions over 2.5 years. I just had 30+ minutes of nearly flawless drives through places that always stumped FSD in the past.

I had two disengagements - both when the car wanted to treat a wide bike lane as a vehicle lane - and one accelerator intervention when the car treated a three-way stop as if cross traffic didn’t have to stop. There were a couple of spots where I could have intervened if I were being really picky in how the car was driving.

Auto speed setting was fine.

If I were grading the car I’d give it a B, maybe a B-.

I’m impressed, and I’ve been very skeptical of FSD in the past.

🚨🚨🚨 Update: 12.3.2.1 passed the spouse test. This is a big deal. Every iteration of FSD prior to this one resulted in my wife asking that it immediately be turned off.

But it wasn't perfect.

Took the wife and kids in the MY on some quick errands - about 10 miles suburban driving total. In that span, I had a disengagement and an accelerator intervention.

Intervention: Vehicle started to slow for a yellow light, then sped up but at a slow rate of speed that would have put me at risk of running the red light. Applied accelerator to get through the intersection.

Disengagement: Vehicle attempted to make an improper lane change when approaching a light with backed up traffic. (started to get into a righthand lane that was a right-turn only lane when we needed to go straight)

More generally, the car had a habit of stopping too early at stop signs and slowly creeping forward. It wasn't that bad, but added unnecessary delay. I'd say that it was generally a little too timid when creeping out at intersections with poor visibility.

Bottom line: wife rated it 6/10 on the first drive, and 7/10 on the second drive. This is coming from someone who hated previous iterations of FSD with the fire of 1,000 suns.

Can Tesla enable video in motion, like YouTube or Netflix while waiting for some turns to be completed on V12.3? Some of these turns are taking waaaaaaay to long to complete. 11.4.9 was better in some of these instances. My wife even commented “I think we’re going to be later for dinner if this is the way it drives now”. Assuming the slow driving speeds and the ridiculously slow times it takes to complete turns when there is ZERO cars at some intersections…
Might actually get to dinner on time if she spends less time on makeup 🤷🏽‍♂️ j/k don’t take it personally.

Can Tesla enable video in motion, like YouTube or Netflix while waiting for some turns to be completed on V12.3? Some of these turns are taking waaaaaaay to long to complete. 11.4.9 was better in some of these instances. My wife even commented “I think we’re going to be later for dinner if this is the way it drives now”. Assuming the slow driving speeds and the ridiculously slow times it takes to complete turns when there is ZERO cars at some intersections…
Just hammer the go pedal. Always. Turning, straight, whatever. It’s fun.

After watching AI DRIVR's livestream, I accept everyone's apology who doubted that vision would be able to calculate distances as good as if not better than USS.

I used to have Tesla's USS autopark. The vision system looks way better. AI DRIVR parked in about 10 places on his livestream. Every time it fit into small spaces, hugging the curb, but never hit anything.

And there's an INCREDIBLE section with a chain-link fence. The high fidelity autopark not only detected and showed the chain-link fence, but it was also partially transparent just like the real fence! Absolutely crazy. Check it out (at 1:11:28):

Route localization seems to be happening.

There is an interchange here from one highway to another and it is extremely unsafe the way it has been designed as it requires moving across 4 lanes within 100 meters to get to the other highway. It works only if there is no traffic.

On my route directions when using 11.4.9, I always disengaged and took an earlier exit that is not at all preferred by google or apple maps as it is reduces your speed to 40 mph from the 70mph but completely safe.

Everytime I disengaged I would explain why I was doing so.

Today I was on that road and it took the earlier but slower and safer exit on its own.

Seems like someone is listening to my guidance.