Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be clear, that's rolling a right - at a red light. It was apparently not unsafe, but it was clearly illegal. We've seen that sort of thing before, and I attribute it to either confusion about whether the light applied to the turn, or Tesla didn't filter out all the examples of people rolling rights. I noticed that there was a marked "island" on the asphalt. I wonder if that confused FSD.

Model 3 Long Range with HW3 and ultrasonic sensors here. I got 12.3 in the first wave, but have so far been passed over for the latest stuff. I find it bizarre that I would have to wait for new software because I have hardware that they don't need to use. Just give me the software and ignore the USS. Who cares?
"I find it bizarre that I would have to wait for new software because I have hardware that they don't need to use."

The car does not need USS signals but it cannot just simply throw them away. They probably have to program to disable the signals and handle unwanted noises. Otherwise the whole system may have problem and Tesla has to take responsibility for that.

I blew a tire and rim while driving manually because the deep pothole was black just like a series of filled holes
I believe Tesla said they collect clips of all accidents, but maybe that doesn't include sudden tire pressure loss. It would be an expensive approach, but Tesla could potentially find these negative training examples to teach end-to-end what not to do. Tesla already uses fleet learning to determine which roads should activate higher suspension, so something similar could be used to detect sudden dips for similar type of examples. Finding positive examples of pothole avoidance might be easier with HW4 cameras, and it'll be interesting to see if HW4-focused 12.x will behave differently.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Something I notice about FSD: I've really started to hate driving over the last decade. The speed limits are too low and I get irritated driving around town at a snails pace. (maybe ADD.) With FSD, I can let my mind wander (a little more) and it feels like the frustration leaves my body. Can't wait for full autonomy.
We are so close I can taste it... 6 more months and I will be drinking 🍸 in the back seat. Just need a chauffeur button to tell it where to go.

I see in Teslafi they there are 0 installs for 12.3.2.1 for Model X and S with HW3. So I assume that this install is only for cars without ultra sensors.
I wonder when Telsa will disable the sensors and will go with vision only on these cars as well.

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
I see in Teslafi they there are 0 installs for 12.3.2.1 for Model X and S with HW3. So I assume that this install is only for cars without ultra sensors.
I wonder when Telsa will disable the sensors and will go with vision only on these cars as well.
I'm thinking it's less uss based and more cabin camera based. There are hw3 model 3/Y with uss who are getting v12.

• Informative
Reactions: tivoboy and JB47394
Teslafi is down... servers not back yet. Data is corrupt
Not in 3 years has it shown almost no pending installs onl left side

Reactions: rlsd and EVNow
Wow. Just got the 30-day FSD trial and did a 50 min round trip through DC suburbia and I-95. I’m shocked how good it worked. No inventions at all. So smooth I was actually calm the whole time. Way better than the hair-raising experience I used to have with my old FSD-enabled M3. My confidence in Tesla ability to make legit self driving possible is greatly increased. I might actually subscribe to FSD now.