Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the steering wheel nag something Tesla has implemented by choice or is it forced by the government?

What needs to be done for the steering wheel nag to be replaced by cabin camera nag?
Probably a liability issue decided by Tesla. It is required by law that you maintain control of your vehicle and have a hand on the wheel. That doesn't mean that all cars must have nags. I just got FSD 12 and within a day got a strike for steering wheel nags. The last nag told me to apply force to the wheel while I had my hand there already. I started jiggling the wheel and the nag wouldn't stop. 5 seconds later I got the strike. I don't get it. Anyone know how to prevent this? Is there a certain way to have your hand on the wheel? I don't get camera nags. Even before I got FSD I would occasionally get "Hands-on defeat device detected" when only my hand is on the wheel. Something is wrong.

We should all start sharing our FSD energy use
Energy app data

You’d think Tesla driving with v12, FSD can result in perfect efficiency
what's funny is although I get much better energy use scores with FSD, I get stuff like this..... I also get the excessive acceleration cost you x%. Things that make you go hmmm.....

IMG_4682.jpeg

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Ha.

So, the SO and I have a good friend with a 2023 MY; probably, in some part, because she saw how much we liked our cars and, to some extent, wanted to join the party. She bought it with no EAP/FSD, so it's got basic Autopilot.

Her husband Doesn't Like Cruise Control. In general and, in particular, the version on the Tesla that has TACC/LK. There's some excuse; before semi-retiring, he spent a heck of a lot of time driving semis around for a living. And doesn't trust automation all that much. She's not quite as far down that road as he is and has been, intermittently since the fall when they got this car, has been experimenting with driving with Basic Autopilot turned on.

Their MY just got upgraded to 2024.3.6 and has the FSD12.3.2.1 available. Along with the letter giving them a free month's trial. Just got off the phone with her after discussing it all for a bit.

This.. is going to be interesting. On the one hand, she's definitely not the type to go out and get every new and shiny thing and learn it backwards and forwards. Unlike me, who's got techie chops of all sorts of different flavors and actually likes doing that.

On the other hand, when she learns something, she has a tendency to beat it to death. So, over the next couple of days, I think I'm going to have a date with her and her SO, an empty parking lot or development somewhere, and run her through the basics. And maybe even do an autopark.

This.. is going to be interesting.
More MYs
If we have USS are we getting v12.3.2.1?
My 2x 3s without USS are running 12.3.2.1
Want it on my MY

We should all start sharing our FSD energy use
Energy app data

You’d think Tesla driving with v12, FSD can result in perfect efficiency
There was some question with earlier versions since they seemed to use friction braking quite a bit. I tried to compare and I couldn’t detect a difference in efficiency between FSD and driving conservatively manually.

Part of the problem ends up that many people prefer more aggressive and less efficient driving styles.

Since the new Autopark and Actually Smart Summon are wrapped up in V12, I wonder if us with USS-equipped cars haven't received it yet because they'll need to disable our USS sensors and are trying to perfect it before breaking the news.

It seems like they won't be able to just disable Autopark and ASS on our cars without training a new V12 model just for us.

EDIT: referring to V12.3.2.1

Last edited:
Since the new Autopark and Actually Smart Summon are wrapped up in V12, I wonder if us with USS-equipped cars haven't received it yet because they'll need to disable our USS sensors and are trying to perfect it before breaking the news.

It seems like they won't be able to just disable Autopark and ASS on our cars without training a new V12 model just for us.
I saw a lot of cars with HW3 having more than odemeter 60,000 miles on Teslafi. I guess this means some of them have USS (driven at least 3 years). These cars may still use old USS Auto Park or cannot use auto park with V12 - someone needs to confirm.

Reactions: Acisplat
Just had a really odd experience. Applying torque to the wheel did not address the nag.

I’ve been using Tesla’s “torque to address nag” system for 10 years so it is not new to me. Just now on FSD applying torque and holding didn’t address the nag. When it continued to flash at me, I was worried about a strike so had to disengage.

Odd. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. I think the sentient being is getting close to taking over my car forever.