Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Faster, Smoother, more efficient... better for bumps and curb rash, nails in tires... etc
That’s true, but I appreciate the handling, especially with how wide and long the S is… like my… 😅

On another hand, I guess it still can’t make uturns.

IMG_5108.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
To be honest, I think autopark is more a car feature than an FSD feature.
I'm pretty sure that only people with EAP or FSD get autopark. And, possibly, summon.

Got two Teslas over here; a 2021 MY with USS (and a RADAR somewhere) and a 2023 M3 with nothin' but vision.

At the moment, both cars are on 2024.3.10. Both have autopark and can, and do park themselves.

The M3 has all the really fancy looking stuff that, in a parking lot, shows the empty parking spots, lines and all, and, supposedly, one can switch from one parking spot to another by playing with the scroll wheel. (I've tried that.. must not have the right feel, since spots aren't moving around like they're supposed to.)

The MY's autopark looks like the autopark of old: Not nearly as detailed a view, but one does see the parking spots. One that can be used has a "P" in it, but there doesn't appear to be any way to move which spot is which with the scroll wheel. And one doesn't get that solid rectangular area like one does on the M3.

2018 Model 3, Dual Motor, LR, HW3, 181K miles, version 2024.3.10

Did the standard morning run this afternoon. OK, Marginally better. I can use it on the back roads now, does maintain speed and actually climbed to or close to the max set. When you increase the max it increases also. Thank you! Getting out of the hood is still an issue, stops to short, takes too long. The first main left off the 45mph road (everyone goes 50 or more), it's a slow curve to the right, you can see way down the left road and even a portion of the next immediate left. FSD takes the turn at 15mph, can't do that, needs to carry more of the speed. Stays at 15mph up to the immediate left. Can't do that, cars are coming in at 45/50mph. Scrolled the max up to 40 and it got close to it at 38, much better, but should do 40. The right turn at at T intersection it goes over to far to the right when making the turn and rides in the gravel on the shoulder before centering in lane. Needs work. Oh, forgot, you have to use the accelerator to get it to go and start climbing to max, else it just hangs at whatever last speed was. More work needed with speed. But thank you for at least getting to speed most the time and then going to max when you nudge it with accelerator. I can finally start using it again.

Onto the tricky intersection, it's an X intersection with a railroad track crossing diagonally, Big X on the road with the white lines at each end of the X and a flashing yellow above, followed by a stop here on Red, prior to the tracks. After the tracks another ~50 yards to intersection, no mans land. Trucks turning in from the left, remember its an X intersection, the trucks needs all the runway to make the turn. You either run the red or back all the way up across the tracks.
So brand new behavior on this release. FSD comes over the hill, sees the flashing yellow and big X on the road and try's to stop at the top to the X white perpendicular line. Extremely hard braking. Dog goes flying off the back seat, whoa, that's new. So now I know to shut it off before cresting the hill, less I get thrown forward and/or rearended. This is very dangerous because you can't see over the hill and know someone is stopped just on the other side. No release has ever done this before. All the previous releases back to day one, would do the brake dance with the flashing yellow, then try to drive up to the intersection.

Parking - Tried the new autopark. Needs work. Took it awhile to even see the empty spots, clearly marked, everyone of them was empty. When the p did appear it alway only picked the ones behind to the right, didn't even show the ones ahead so I couldn't click on them. It did park in the spot, but because they are narrow it took two attemps. I did not return on same route, had to hit grocery store. Did ok, speed thing still needs minor work. At the parking lot with lots of cars and empty spots sprinkled about. Went a ways up the lane before the p appeared and the box with the P in it appeared. Again, only the right side. It parked fine between the cars and really wasn't that long. More time hitting start and getting it going. I'll have to try picking a spot ahead between cars and see if it will do anything. It doesn't mark them as spots, just shows a space between the cars with no lines.

Didn't have an opportunity on the quick run to see if it picks wrong lane or wrong exit, maybe tomorrow.

So bottom line, marginally better. Speed, braking, turns and parking need more work. Again it's now useable. I had wanted to be rolled back to 11 on the first 12.3, it was bad and unuseable. Lets hope the updates keep coming faster now. A good improvement over 12.3. keep it coming. Yes nags are still there, yawn.

I'm pretty sure that only people with EAP or FSD get autopark. And, possibly, summon.

Got two Teslas over here; a 2021 MY with USS (and a RADAR somewhere) and a 2023 M3 with nothin' but vision.

At the moment, both cars are on 2024.3.10. Both have autopark and can, and do park themselves.

The M3 has all the really fancy looking stuff that, in a parking lot, shows the empty parking spots, lines and all, and, supposedly, one can switch from one parking spot to another by playing with the scroll wheel. (I've tried that.. must not have the right feel, since spots aren't moving around like they're supposed to.)

The MY's autopark looks like the autopark of old: Not nearly as detailed a view, but one does see the parking spots. One that can be used has a "P" in it, but there doesn't appear to be any way to move which spot is which with the scroll wheel. And one doesn't get that solid rectangular area like one does on the M3.
The reason I think Autopark is not related to FSD is that it shows up as a new car feature, not an FSD feature, in the release notes.

Summon - for now that depends on USS.

On Autopark, I don't use the scroll wheel, I tap on the parking spot in the display.

I think using the scroll wheel to pick the parking spot is for Model S (and X?) where the Autopark stuff is on the small screen.

Moving onto the 'a watched pot never boils' segment:
I'm still stuck on v12.3 but my wife's car which was already on 12.3.2.1, got 12.3.3 when I checked the software tab. My wife tried FSD v12.3.2.1 once and will not be using it for the remainder of the trial.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I have had the Y for over 3 1/2 years with FSD and can honestly say FSD never worked well at all no matter where I try except fairly simple highway driving. Every time there is an update I try going to work or Walmart or wherever and I have always needed to take over a few minutes into the ride. Tried 12.3.3 (Supervised) for a couple of days now and honestly can say I am/was blown away, not 100% perfect but almost. Will be using it regularly now that it actually works. Its spring here and road markings are barely visible to non existant yet it works amazingly well. Only negative is the acceleration is a little on the high side, tried chill as opposed to insane but no difference. The complete stop thing is also annoying however a little pedal fixes that.

I do not have multiple lane scenarios or rather complicated roads to deal with so maybe in this case it works very well. To be able to handle every exception is going to take some time. I can say the routes I have done so far were just amazing in comparison to anything before.

Just took my first drive on 12.3.3 and it was excellent! Drove 15 miles through the city on a variety of surface streets including one with lots of dips and turns (Sabino Canyon/River Rd./Campbell Ave @JHCCAZ), moderate traffic. Took over once on a U-Turn just to expedite the process but otherwise really impressed. Drove VERY naturally and had ZERO issues with driving slow - in fact drove just as I would at around 9 miles over which was normal for conditions, seems completely fixed for me. Early times yet but so far it's been amazing really. Seems night and day compared to some posters here which makes me believe some are possible hardware/camera issues and/or may just need a reboot. I'll be taking in a YANKEES game in Phoenix on Wednesday so will have more time with it soon. :cool:

I had 3 nags after 50 miles, Kimball Mode is gone. Son of a ....
Oh well, better than the old nag system. They all happened when I was turning to put something in the back seat, coffee cup, gun, Empty Crown Royal Bottle.
So I will try driving without turning completed back to the rear seats and see what happens. Anyone tried blocking the camera after engaged?
I don't condone it, just curious.
You can be anonymous.... ok maybe you cant!
V11 shut FSD down after screaming at me like I was his adulterous wife.