Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because it has no relation to Autopilot. It is solely to warn the person sitting in the driver's seat that they are travelling faster than they want to. (Maybe they shouldn't have the setting on the Autopilot page, but where else would be more appropriate?)
If they have 2 different group boxes then it will be clearer.

But for the majority of users, who really use these settings?. People just hop in the car and drive.

Had an odd speed related issue coming down to SD today. On v11 stack on the freeway, and set the speed limit to 75MPH in a 65MPH zone. I have 0 offsets in the settings, both for warning and for non ASSO mode. However, when the speed limit dropped to 55 in construction zones, in the past the car would drop the limit to 55. Today it showed 55, but the set speed limit was 58. Where did the extra 3MPH come from, I wonder? Same when it reset to 65MPH, it went to 68MPH.
Were you in ASSO mode?

Investigate the impact of ASSO driving profile settings chill/mod/assert on offset value when on v11 stack. May need to disengage reengage.

Haven’t been on freeways enough so no idea.

@arnolddeleon probably knows the percentages.

No idea if there is also spillover into manual offsets on v11 stack.

Did some more testing. It's the new floor. When I'm driving manually, and I drop below 68, it stays at 68, even with the limit to the right showing 65. In a 55 zone, the floor becomes 58. Reconfirmed offsets are 0.

Weird. Will test with ASSO off.
You mean the cap? It’s not a floor, it’s a ceiling. The limit next to the speed limit. It shows before engaging.

On the freeway, should change driving assertiveness modes. ASSO on. Check cap.

Never looked.

So, is the community consensus that v12.3.3 is a regression from v12.3.1?
For me v12.3.3 is definitely better. Not even a question.
Particularly decisions on UPL turns. Speed went from being too slow in v12.3.2.1 to a little too fast in v12.3.3 on city/streets. Highways are fine.
I don't have a lot of challenging lane changes unless I drive closer to Boston which I haven't done for a week. My biggest complaint has nothing to do with speed but with how timid FSD is at Stop signs. Sometimes just takes forever forcing me to accelerate.
Recently my drives have been in suburbia with minimal complications and drives are zero disengagements. The drives have actually gotten boring so recently I've started driving for awhile before engaging FSD which forces FSD to take a different route to get to the destination. I feel like Omar :)
The few other owners I've talked to who have taken Tesla up on the free trial offer all were surprised how well FSD did especially after they have listened to me complain for 2 1/2 years.

I had FSD 12.3.3 take me for a ride on some high speed rural highways. I quickly found a big problem with the V11 stack. On the two lane state highways I used, None of the 65 mph speed limit signs were recognized by the V11 stack.

I find that FSD switches to V11 stack at 65 mph outside of city limits in rural areas. While this does come with latency issues and you need to be very cautious for cross traffic and lead cars slowing to turn off the highway, prior to V12, FSD would read the speed limit signs and set the speed accordingly. While not perfect, it was pretty good at this.

Now, V12 seems to completely ignore the speed limit signs on these rural highways. It does switch back to V12 when the speed limit drops, as when entering a town, but once it switches to V11, it failed to perceive any speed limit signs. I watched as the car drove past many signs clearly displaying the 65 mph limit, but nothing was shown in the visualization and the speed limit sat at the last V12 read speed limit.

Of course, I was able to roll the speed up to correct this, but, it's curious that the car ignored all these signs. 65 mph was as high as the speed limit got on this test. Perhaps I'll get to try some 70 mph roads soon to see if it's just the 65 mph sign.

On the same drive, once the car entered an interstate, V11 read the signs correctly and set speed accordingly.

The V12 stack, of course, worked like a champ with nothing to do but watch in awe as Tesla makes something so difficult look so easy.
That's exactly what I've been seeing. Highway is fine, city roads are good, it's everything else, of which there are lots in Texas.
It just seems to ignore speed limit signs over 65 and doesn't even render them any longer - just like bad old FSD 10.4
Really rather annoying.

My biggest complaint has nothing to do with speed but with how timid FSD is at Stop signs. Sometimes just takes forever forcing me to accelerate.
Yes, hopefully that's a quick fix. No one else around and it stops, looks, creeps, looks some more, thinks about it, then make a slow turn. Don't know how that got messed up so badly but that's my main issue with 12.3.3. And it does tend to cut corners too closely. Improved in most situations though.

That's exactly what I've been seeing. Highway is fine, city roads are good, it's everything else, of which there are lots in Texas.
It just seems to ignore speed limit signs over 65 and doesn't even render them any longer - just like bad old FSD 10.4
Really rather annoying.
Have you seen the same problem for rural highways with speed limits of 70+ mph? I haven't had a chance to check these yet. Need to get a bit further from home. 12.3 was OK with 65 mph signs. This is new for 12.3.3.

Yes, hopefully that's a quick fix. No one else around and it stops, looks, creeps, looks some more, thinks about it, then make a slow turn. Don't know how that got messed up so badly but that's my main issue with 12.3.3. And it does tend to cut corners too closely. Improved in most situations though.
12.3 was pretty good with stop signs. It seems like this hesitation came in on 12.3.1 and carried forward to 12.3.3. It's possible that Tesla has added extra caution since 12.3.3 is going out to a lot of new users.

It's like that with previous versions too.
Also when creeping to a high speed it should do 1 or 2 creeps then pause, then go. Don't do rolling creep.

12.3 was pretty good with stop signs. It seems like this hesitation came in on 12.3.1 and carried forward to 12.3.3. It's possible that Tesla has added extra caution since 12.3.3 is going out to a lot of new users.
12.3 was the same. I remember because I recorded several of my first drives on 12.3 and I was commenting on the brake too early, creep super slowly to the stop sign, creep slowly, stop again, then creep before going dance.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
V12.3.3 is bonkers.

It drives very confidently on the highway as well as the city BUT it missed all the exits from the highway to the off ramp all day long. It just kept zoom zooming 🏎️ and once it went past the exit, it gave an audible alert, and then took the next exit. Repeatedly. The navigation map clearly shows the exit route but FSDb didn’t care