Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then you are saying it's coded into the map to ignore the stop sign because the car cannot read "except right turn"
Are you thinking it can "read" the words "STOP" but not "except right turn?" It doesn't need map data to indicate it's a free right turn to pick up on visual cues of lack of stop line and extra signage next to the stop sign, etc. There's other examples of 12.x ignoring plain stop signs and only yielding when making a curving right turn, so end-to-end behaves quite differently from 11.x, which would be much more likely to slam on brakes if it realized there was a stop sign it needed to obey.

12.3.x and the driver should have stopped because they were going across an oncoming traffic lane to correctly follow the signage, but there also was no oncoming car to interact with either. A disengagement probably would have helped improve future 12.x to better understand when it's correct to maintain speed versus stopping.

Are you thinking it can "read" the words "STOP" but not "except right turn?" It doesn't need map data to indicate it's a free right turn to pick up on visual cues of lack of stop line and extra signage next to the stop sign, etc. There's other examples of 12.x ignoring plain stop signs and only yielding when making a curving right turn, so end-to-end behaves quite differently from 11.x, which would be much more likely to slam on brakes if it realized there was a stop sign it needed to obey.

12.3.x and the driver should have stopped because they were going across an oncoming traffic lane to correctly follow the signage, but there also was no oncoming car to interact with either. A disengagement probably would have helped improve future 12.x to better understand when it's correct to maintain speed versus stopping.
The car can only read stop and white speed signs. It can visualize markings on the ground and perhaps some are being read today like railroad crossing and turning arrows.

There are many signs the car cannot read and I suspect will be quickly added now they finally reached end 2 end.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
That is V11 stack.
That's what I was thinking but to stopped doing all of the things it did well on the interstate like automatically pass someone going slower than you, or moving to the right lane to let someone pass who was going faster than you in the left lane. Also, it no longer biased its lane position to the left when passing a semi. Does V11 do that when the road is more highway than limited access?

I for one would like to have a little more margin for getting locked out of using AP until parking, when passing people on the freeway when unexpected hazardous scenarios arise (for example, someone coming from behind at 95-110mph quite suddenly), which make going above about 87mph necessary for safety. Obviously if I have to get locked out when I forget to disengage in an emergency, it is not a big deal. But it does happen in fairly pedestrian situations.

Guess not. Raise the limit to 90, it sounds like you are saying?
I find this behavior ridiculous. Why doesn't it just turn off when you exceed 85 instead of freaking out and locking you out for the rest of the drive?

Reactions: X Fan
Looks like the only HW4 cars its currently going to is the M3 Highland - So I guess I'll wait until I see other HW4 Xs getting it before I burn my daily check.

At least one HW4 Model X just received it.

1712945615063.png

The car can only read stop and white speed signs. It can visualize markings on the ground and perhaps some are being read today like railroad crossing and turning arrows.

There are many signs the car cannot read and I suspect will be quickly added now they finally reached end 2 end.
There's a No Turn on Red by my house that v11 would ALWAYS turn at instead of stopping. As soon as I got v12, it started correctly stopping. Maybe v12 coincided with updated map data, but I am inclined to believe the car is reading the No Turn on Red signs rather than relying on the map data.

I've read some people saying that the map data is frequently updated. Yet the last update to the map data stored in the car is from several months ago. Is it pulling additional map data from the cloud which is not stored locally in the car?

The next biggest safety issue FSD really needs to tackle is potholes. When you are supervising the car, it can be difficult to notice them soon enough and avoid them without making a sudden evasive maneuver. Quite frankly it's also inconvenient and unsatisfying to constantly disengage then re-engage to swerve around them. Hugging the edge of the road unnecessarily and falling into drainage ditches is also a huge problem. I'm not sure it's worth taking damage to the car to use FSD at this point. They recently solved speed bumps so I'm hopeful they can sort out potholes and other road hazards soon. I think it should basically just treat them as generic obstacles which it needs to avoid.

This is why he should use manual mode which is the same as ASSO, but better. Has basically all the benefits. In a few situations (when car is well above the speed limit by 30%, but still traveling too slowly) you may have to scroll to adjust. But otherwise manual mode seems way better and is still “automatic” just like ASSO. Presumably this is still the case in 12.3.4.

Both modes will have the problem of going too slowly shown in this video.

Needs work on gates! And curbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: primedive