Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anything related to door lock? I received notification door unlocked after installing 12.3.5 on my non USS MY. I went to the car opened the doors and closed but I still received door unlocked. I had to press the lock button on the app to lock.
In the realm of yore, the chariots of the esteemed House of Model X bore a marvel most splendid—the automatic portal of the driver, a grandeur of engineering. This enchanted door, governed by the clever sorcery of a nearby wheel well sensor and the mystical falcon wing uss sensor mechanism, would graciously open and close at the mere presence of one's phone key. Thus, the noble driver was spared the vulgar task of manual exertion.

Alas, in the year of our Lord 2023, the wise and enigmatic Lord Elon decreed the removal of the wheel well uss sensor from the newly christened 'Ussless' Model X chariots, reducing them to mere shadows of their former glory. These vision model steeds now merely nudge their doors ajar in a teasing gesture, leaving one to sully their hands like a common field-hand, to pry the door wide enough to enter.

Rumors swirl like autumn leaves in the wind, suggesting that the age of automatic portals may be as lost as the fabled automatic spoilers of old. With the recent invocation of the vision toggle, which blinds the uss sensors of old, many a courtier and scholar ponder if the spell of the fully automatic door has been forever broken by this new sorcery. The future, ever cloaked in mystery, holds its secrets close, as the denizens of the road watch and wait.

Forgive my indulgent ramblings, dear reader; I have yet to partake in my morning tea, and without its invigorating brew, my musings may wander into realms of fanciful excess.

In the realm of yore, the chariots of the esteemed House of Model X bore a marvel most splendid—the automatic portal of the driver, a grandeur of engineering. This enchanted door, governed by the clever sorcery of a nearby wheel well sensor and the mystical falcon wing uss sensor mechanism, would graciously open and close at the mere presence of one's phone key. Thus, the noble driver was spared the vulgar task of manual exertion.

Alas, in the year of our Lord 2023, the wise and enigmatic Lord Elon decreed the removal of the wheel well uss sensor from the newly christened 'Ussless' Model X chariots, reducing them to mere shadows of their former glory. These vision model steeds now merely nudge their doors ajar in a teasing gesture, leaving one to sully their hands like a common field-hand, to pry the door wide enough to enter.

Rumors swirl like autumn leaves in the wind, suggesting that the age of automatic portals may be as lost as the fabled automatic spoilers of old. With the recent invocation of the vision toggle, which blinds the uss sensors of old, many a courtier and scholar ponder if the spell of the fully automatic door has been forever broken by this new sorcery. The future, ever cloaked in mystery, holds its secrets close, as the denizens of the road watch and wait.

Forgive my indulgent ramblings, dear reader; I have yet to partake in my morning tea, and without its invigorating brew, my musings may wander into realms of fanciful excess.
Don't underestimate Frodo's vision.

I’ve tried this several times and can’t get it to work consistently. My conclusion is that it either doesn’t work or doesn’t work consistently enough to be useful.
I've learned that just a single touch to activate is not commanding enough. Someone else stated to hold the turn signal until the change happens. I've had better results with this method. However, as you state, it's not 100% either. This same method works, sometimes, also when navigating to a destination an minimum lane changes is set.

I am installing 12.3.5 now, non USS. But some people had 12.3.5 then 12.3.6. Not sure what's going on.
I have a 2023 M3LR without USS. I received 12.3.5 early in the the deployment cycle and have yet to receive 12.3.6. I usually get updates earlier in the process.

I did have some unusual behavior yesterday. When I left for work and tried to engaged FSD it wouldn’t allow me. After a few mins I realized that FSD had been deactivated. I’m pretty sure I didn’t explicitly do this myself. It wasn’t just FSD but also some of the other controls had been reset light auto blinker, etc. not sure what happened. I did find that alittle strange. .

• Informative
Reactions: rlsd
2018 Model 3, Dual motor, LR, HW3, 184K miles, 2024.3.25

OK, I found the change on 12.3.6, It's the parking lots. It now shows multiple spots on both sides of lane and you can choose which ever one you want and it will navigate to it and park. Pretty cool. Not the fastest parking but gets it done. This is the only change I've seen so far today. Who knows what else I may uncover today on .6 I must say I do like it. Nice to see it can see them. Granted there was only one or two cars on each side with lots of spaces to choose from, but it did it. I picked the furthest one and it drove it to it and parked. It pulls forward to the left before starting to back in. It works.

Interesting, I had seen a video sometime ago, with a husband and wife using a version of 12 and it wasn't .6 and it showed the parking spots on both sides too. So I guess others have had this and us antique years are now getting it with .6 I know .4 didn't have this visualization. Enjoy your new capability.

• Informative
Reactions: Wnuk and JB47394
Someone check the 12.3.6 model size. Maybe they just changed the weights and biases again. Looking for anything other than 2.17gb.
I know it's probably my imagination but I did NOT get the upgrade, still on V12.3.4. However, my car behaved differently this morning. Crept quicker at Stop signs, speed control seemed better and the one time at a yellow light when I was expected a hard brake it went thru the light like it used to before V12. Still lane wobbled. Standard route so I know how fast FSD goes on every street and speeds were different. Will see what happens on later today.

Installing 2024.3.25 FSDS V12.3.6 now on a 2022 USS MSLR. Updating from 2024.3.15 FSDS v12.3.4.

Last day of FSDS trial month.

I'll see what Autopark looks like in about an hour.
1000029720.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
2022 USS MSLR with AMD Ryzen now on 2024.3.25 FSDS v12.3.6.

Vision only Autopark was selected in Autopilot menu vs standard.
1000029733.jpg

I can confirm that squiggly USS lines were replaced with red blob lines. Very cool in that where the garage door would be if it was down was also a red blob behind the car.
1000029745.jpg

Autopark was agood experience. Available parking spots were shown. Without pushing the scroll wheel, the P is gray. Once the scroll wheel is pushed the P and current spot is blue. The wheel can be scrolled to put the P in another spot. Then push to begin parking. It worked good.
1000029738.jpg

1000029739.jpg

1000029742.jpg

12.3.6 may be a point release for parking, but it's messed up other behaviors for me. After weeks of disengagement-free drives, today's trip left me puzzled. On leaving my house, there are three intersections without either stop or yield signs. In the past, FSD would pause, creep a bit and turn. Today at every one of these intersections, it stopped and sat until I poked the accelerator.

Also, FSD failed to properly traverse a two lane roundabout, stopping well before the circle and then stopping in the roundabout for no reason. Again, previous versions had handled this roundabout with ease.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
First try of 12.3.5 this morning has 3 disengagements:

1. Wait too long to make right turn from 20 mph street to 30 mph street. The car was too far behind the creeping lane. 12.3.4 did the same thing or a little bit faster.

2. Car disengaged itself when the moving wheel touched my hand. The car was too close to the creeping line when trying to make UPR turn from 30 mph street to 50 mph street. It didn't stay before the creeping line. It moved slowly and made me feel uncomfortable.

Tesla should bring the testing team at Chuck Cook's neighborhood to my neighborhood.

3. I pressed the brake to cancel auto park. When the car began to move backwards to the parking spot, another car moved in to take my spot.

Rear in parking is not practical. I need head in parking and angled parking. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Both HW4 X and USS/MCU2 Y received 2024.3.20 / 12.3.5 last night after manually checking for updates from the Software screen. I would expect the Model Y to get 12.3.6 soon given the current rollout pattern. Both 12.3.5 and 12.3.6 might be in a "pull" update mode (TeslaFi shows pending/installed slowly increasing probably reflecting people checking Software screen) for compatible hardware.

One improvement so far compared to 12.3.4 from a sample size of 1 is slowing down for a flashing yellow school zone that previous versions would require disengagement with AUTO.