Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ASD - actually smart driver? 😉

What you describe is another disadvantage of the yoke implementation. It’s actually not the yoke, though, since you can have a yoke with stalks. It’s from another boneheaded decision to eliminate the stalks. It’s been discussed with other threads, but at best you reach equivalent functionality and there are no cases in which the stalk-less setup is superior but many in which it’s arguably inferior.
Funny, I absolutely adore my yoke and even more that it is stalkless. So much easier to signal plus do other things.

This vibe is strong here:

1000002548.jpg

Feel free to address the issue in my original post. At any time.

While the post is not clear, when I say “traffic on the freeway,” I mean stop-and-go or slow-moving traffic.

I’m curious if AP is better. And hopefully v12 could do better but does not seem likely, since it clearly seems to have some of the same issues.

Maybe the next release will finally address the pre-emphasis problem? Are we mostly agreed that that is what seems to be happening? I wonder if they do it just to keep the user alert (seems a poor strategy for a product in wide release, and will give it a bad reputation)?

Or is it a margin or perception issue? It’s very curious.

Most likely it is just bad coding, I suppose. With e2e you’d think it could not be, but there must be some element in there still.

All very very curious. I guess there’s a good-paying job at Tesla for the engineer who can fix this! I am sure it is not for lack of trying that it exists!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: LSDTester#1
There was a noticeable difference in the button sensitivity/function between my original yoke (Sep '21 delivery) and my second, about 6 months later. I've never had any yoke peel (thank goodness) but someone seems to have poked a hole in my original and they replaced it as a courtesy, saying I had one shot. Unfortunately it still doesn't have a normal center horn. However, I found the buttons easier to use on this second yoke. I still hate the buttons, but not because they don't work as they're supposed to. It's just that I need to go by vision, I don't have a good sense of "feel" for the buttons, which I gather is due to my neurology (I'm ASD). So I always have to take my eyes off the road before I hit a directional, which sucks the big wazoo. I don't even bothToer with the horn or flashing people unless there's a LOT of time to do it.
I use the yoke top bar as a reference. Top edge down for "right" button. Lower edge up for "left" button. Like a reverse stalk.

While the post is not clear, when I say “traffic on the freeway,” I mean stop-and-go or slow-moving traffic.

I’m curious if AP is better. And hopefully v12 could do better but does not seem likely, since it clearly seems to have some of the same issues.

Maybe the next release will finally address the pre-emphasis problem? Are we mostly agreed that that is what seems to be happening? I wonder if they do it just to keep the user alert (seems a poor strategy for a product in wide release, and will give it a bad reputation)?

Most likely it is just bad coding, I suppose. With e2e you’d think it could not be, but there must be some element in there still.

All very very curious. I guess there’s a good-paying job at Tesla for the engineer who can fix this! I am sure it is not for lack of trying that it exists!
Brother, relax! We are just having fun passing the time because a certain someone promised us new software a week ago and we are just busting chops!
I didn't read your whole post or care. However I love a good pile up.
Unfortunately you are on the bottom this time. Right or wrong...
Next time I will be the one they all have fun with. You are amongst friends and none of these are personal attacks. Life is short... laughter makes it better!

ASD - actually smart driver? 😉

What you describe is another disadvantage of the yoke implementation. It’s actually not the yoke, though, since you can have a yoke with stalks. It’s from another boneheaded decision to eliminate the stalks. It’s been discussed with other threads, but at best you reach equivalent functionality and there are no cases in which the stalk-less setup is superior but many in which it’s arguably inferior.
I can’t give you a thumbs down as it goes against my constitutional beliefs. ( I know it’s a disagree button but it comes across as mean and vindictive. I’m lookin at you Stu and Alan)

BUT, I absolutely, unequivocally, no holds barred, love the stalklessness of the system. Not sure how it could be remotely inferior. I have never accidentally hit the wiper button when making a turn, never accidentally clipped it when making aggressive turn maneuvers, and it just looks so much cleaner to my eye. After using the stalklessnesses of the yoke, it makes the stalkified scheit seem like horse and buggy tech nearly equivalent to using arm signals.

For the antiquated going thru roundabouts claiming they can’t signal, they need to slow tf down.

So for the record, boneheaded decision? Nay I say! Nay…..I say, grow or go. Grow or go baby.

I can’t give you a thumbs down as it goes against my constitutional beliefs. ( I know it’s a disagree button but it comes across as mean and vindictive. I’m lookin at you Stu and Alan)

BUT, I absolutely, unequivocally, no holds barred, love the stalklessness of the system. Not sure how it could be remotely inferior. I have never accidentally hit the wiper button when making a turn, never accidentally clipped it when making aggressive turn maneuvers, and it just looks so much cleaner to my eye. After using the stalklessnesses of the yoke, it makes the stalkified scheit seem like horse and buggy tech nearly equivalent to using arm signals.

For the antiquated going thru roundabouts claiming they can’t signal, they need to slow tf down.

So for the record, boneheaded decision? Nay I say! Nay…..I say, grow or go. Grow or go baby.
And, you have never had to worry about a hit of acid or shroom getting stuck to the useless stalks if you happened to have one in your hand and needed to signal for a turn...
So there's that!

• Funny
Reactions: LSDTester#1
Brother, relax! We are just having fun passing the time because a certain someone promised us new software a week ago and we are just busting chops!
I didn't read your whole post or care. However I love a good pile up.
Unfortunately you are on the bottom this time. Right or wrong...
Next time I will be the one they all have fun with. You are amongst friends and none of these are personal attacks. Life is short... laughter makes it better!
And today, you are winning the forum!

Beautifully said.

Alan, it’s not really a “why can’t we all just get along” Rodney King moment

I watched the entire thing and it doesn't seem that much different than 12.3.6.

It's still doing the fsd shimmy at 11:40 and 25:10 that Elon said would be fixed in 12.4.

It's stil fairly hesitant at stops as well.

Autopark seems faster.

My plan was to buy more tesla stock if 12.4 was a big improvement over 12.3.6. Looks like I'll be holding onto my money for now.

Yep. It looked like the status quo. Max set speed appeared to still be gorked. Indecisive at intersection entry and left turn lane selections. And video sections with heavier traffic were edited out.

We really should be calling it v11. :)

Dude I'm thinking 1 every 10 years is something I want to avoid. You have my sympathy if you are doing annuals.
I can’t believe you made me give you a thumbs down. Colonoscopies are magical!1!! Granted the cleansing takes patience, but the drugs are heavenly and the encouraged methane fart fest after is absolutely glorious. Nowhere else in this world can a man carry on a conversation while simultaneously spewing out audible metric sht tons of air from his sphincter, and have the person you’re conversations with be totally normal like nothing is happening.

I’d do it weekly if they let me

Also to be totally transparent.... you may have recall issues due to your alternative lifestyle which makes some of the wheel 🛞 people, suspect of the validity of your posts!

Lighten up Francis

That was close. Glad we all came together as it felt like someone was gonna pull a truck driver from his cab. :):eek:
The Louisville PD filed a report that alansubpar went off on an emotionally filled, cursing tirade and dragged @FSDtester#1 30’ on the pavement ruining his 30$ pair of dockers he got from the 70s store. No video but you can trust them. Ask Brianna

Supposed 12.4 leak from an employee:
Everyone is a critic and I'm proud to be an everyone.🤣

• Lots of headliner and rearview mirror action, not sure if they have Red lights since you can't see🫣
  • Parking sure seems faster and switches from D to R MUCH faster🤔
  • Wish they had got out of the car and showed some ASS 🤣
  • Boring suburban wide roads with low to med traffic🥱
  • And of course we got some wasted V11 stack action 2x that we all have:rolleyes: