Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my friend, my AP2.0 is kicking ass. I have some nice AP2.0 challenge video to share from today's drive. This is my favorite to date Hope y'all like it! Warning @BigD0g, rap lyrics.

Hey that's good. I especially like the fact that at 0:57 the car doesn't want to follow the car in front turning left - AP1 would have hesitated for a second there, I think.

We need this Austin AP1/AP2 Challenge now !!

I'm serious, it would be great to see two cars doing the same trip simultaneously - do a trip with AP1 car following AP2 car and then redo the same trip with AP2 car following AP1 car; side-by-side video's, retimed so both cars are encountering the same obstacles/intersections etc. at the same time. Come on @buttershrimp there's no better way to prove your perfect "transition into full time nerd" (and have ten thousands of views on youtube) :).

Calling all Texas AP1 owners - help @buttershrimp do this!

Well my friend, my AP2.0 is kicking ass. I have some nice AP2.0 challenge video to share from today's drive. This is my favorite to date Hope y'all like it! Warning @BigD0g, rap lyrics.

There's a lot of stuff in there that AP1 absolutely cannot do. Throttle control to deal with merging cars is better than AP1 and the ability to recognize a discontinuous curb line through an intersection as a valid lane boundary is right out for AP1. You also have some merge sections where the lane width is non-standard and AP1 tends to lose the lane in those situations.

But dude, your music is hurting me. :p

We need this Austin AP1/AP2 Challenge now !!

I'm serious, it would be great to see two cars doing the same trip simultaneously - do a trip with AP1 car following AP2 car and then redo the same trip with AP2 car following AP1 car; side-by-side video's, retimed so both cars are encountering the same obstacles/intersections etc. at the same time. Come on @buttershrimp there's no better way to prove your perfect "transition into full time nerd" (and have ten thousands of views on youtube) :).

Calling all Texas AP1 owners - help @buttershrimp do this!
Buttershrimp can make this happen. That would get a whole bunch of views , hmmmmm

• Funny
Reactions: Carl
Buttershrimp can make this happen. That would get a whole bunch of views , hmmmmm

That's an impressive video through some tight curves. Yes the car did slow excessively but it tracked well. Was the steering wheel oscillating side to side? Mine does that in tight curves. The problem I have is I can't predict which tight curves (at highway speed i don't use it around town) will be followed admirably and which ones it won't even "see" sending me into a concrete embankment. Also the steering wheel oscillations "jerkiness" don't instill confidence.

That's an impressive video through some tight curves. Yes the car did slow excessively but it tracked well. Was the steering wheel oscillating side to side? Mine does that in tight curves. The problem I have is I can't predict which tight curves (at highway speed i don't use it around town) will be followed admirably and which ones it won't even "see" sending me into a concrete embankment. Also the steering wheel oscillations "jerkiness" don't instill confidence.
It's interesting, I get the impression the map data is critical. These videos look massively more dangerous than they are... I keep a firm grip and foot above the brake.... the video (and even the IC at times) makes it look like the car is over the left lane line, but it doesn't..... also the steering wheel appears to jerk, but it doesn't seem that way at all in the car while driving. The fisheye lens and center location makes me look like a crazy person..... not to mention the rap music. Here is a comparison video of a hill crest on 17.44 between day and night on the same road.

It's interesting, I get the impression the map data is critical. These videos look massively more dangerous than they are... I keep a firm grip and foot above the brake.... the video (and even the IC at times) makes it look like the car is over the left lane line, but it doesn't..... also the steering wheel appears to jerk, but it doesn't seem that way at all in the car while driving. The fisheye lens and center location makes me look like a crazy person..... not to mention the rap music. Here is a comparison video of a hill crest on 17.44 between day and night on the same road.

How are your disengagements. Are they happening at the same location everytime? Any evidence the drive is getting better on the same firmware (44) which can happen thru better maps.

Current AP1 versus AP2 across a variety of scenarios would be interesting next month.

Still time for one more patch before year end so might be worth waiting for that just to have an absolutely up to date “1 year hence” comparison.

Am tempted to load some video from today’s 50 miles on the 91 freeway followed by some surface street merriment. Over/under for disengagements was near 100 (with AP2 *.44).

The low speed disengagements are the worst - while AP1 wouldn’t fail to maintain TACC down to 1mph, AP2 often cancels TACC when trying to add AS, and that is *bad* as it takes out the braking in close quarters.

However, will have *.46 this weekend and figure that’ll be better or at least not worse.

One thing’s for damn sure - there will be no rap* in any TJ vids.

* Remember, you can’t spell “crap” without “rap”.

* Just for equal musical time, what do you get when you play country music backward?

You get your dog back, your truck back, your wife/girlfriend/sister back...

Try the veal - I’m here all week.