Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. That, and the fact that the Roadster will use SpaceX technology to brake by spinning 180 degrees and firing the rocket thrusters.

is this a serious post?

Call it the Epstein Package. No word yet on whether the Roadster will come with a crash couch built in.

Did anyone happen to catch Chanos's comments on this on CNBC. They said it was coming up, but I had emails to take care of, and it was over by the time I got back to the TV. I just wanted to hear what he said for a good laugh.
Do you remember the teacher on Peanuts/Charlie Brown? Sounded kind of like that to me.

He does not look happy any more at all.

Searching for any kind of argument against Tesla and no surprise not mentioning his previous argumentations any more like "structurally not profitable".

Finally as predicted at this board is now moving to " they will do a lot of one time not sustainable stuff in order to show a profit in Q3". So he believes they will show a profit in Q3 despite all he said before. I believe in Q3 he will say the same about Q4 and then to be continued.

Also he does claim Management did all of the sudden announce layoffs they did not mention in the shareholder meeting, despite this has been communicated a while ago from Elon (cutting binnacles).

This person should be banned from all media. There is nothing valuable with any credible content he does add to the discussion regardless if you are a bull or bear.

Crashing will be a thing of the past. Instead of automatic emergency braking, it will be automatic emergency thrusters. Instead of slamming into or swerving around road debris, the car will just "fly" or hop over it.

Hmm. A useful feature would be to engage thrusters to blow slow cars out of the left lane when I want to pass, and blow tailgaters another 200 ft back. (Yes I understand that this violates a few laws of physics).

Wonder what the cost will be to retrofit it on my S? (I’d better buy more stock).

Hmm. A useful feature would be to engage thrusters to blow slow cars out of the left lane when I want to pass, and blow tailgaters another 200 ft back. (Yes I understand that this violates a few laws of physics).

Wonder what the cost will be to retrofit it on my S? (I’d better buy more stock).

Along those lines, how about thrusters to reverse-coal-roll back to the truck drivers?

when i said some on marketwatch i meant claudia assis, i know DH is at bloomberg. that just wasn’t typed correctly, sorry
Does GM, Ford, or FCA get perfect scores from feminist on how they handle sexual harassment in the workplace?
in reply to you, and same es majors post, exactly! and again, i wasn’t trying to spark a woman debate. if anything that’s just one tiny element of the overall negative media onslaught against tesla, no doubt fueled by shorts, fossil fuel policy $, union, etc. i mean they aren’t perfect, for sure. and there’s plenty of positive coverage too. but i’m tired of reading stuff that just isn’t even close, or blatantly false. it’s a joke. the problem is, there is a larger portion of the population that doesn’t have a clue about electric cars, solar, or energy storage in general, let alone tesla the company. they see this ‘news’ and are forever swayed by it. i talk to so many people who just spew flase claims at me and when i rebut with the facts and they are stunned. i don’t think musk handled the media lashing correctly, and he probaby agrees, but he probably did a better job than i ever would have.
but with all of this nonsense we have to sift through, when will the tipping point, or “crossing the chasm” (as simon sinek explains, which he coined from someone else, i forgot who) occur when we have the middle/larger portion of adopters of these resources? cars seem like they will be first. solar/storage combo still doesn’t have the ROI for most of the population, depending on where you live and what government constraints are imposed on you. in ct we need to pay $50 a month to stay grid connected. this may change, but hopefully i’m gone sooner ha. at least they offer the 3k tax credit for BEV under 60k...

a foot or more for parking area would be nice. helps keep car from dings. nice if the Tesla can do that automatically when other car enter and leave.

• Funny
Reactions: Todd Burch
He does not look happy any more at all.

Searching for any kind of argument against Tesla and no surprise not mentioning his previous argumentations any more like "structurally not profitable".

Finally as predicted at this board is now moving to " they will do a lot of one time not sustainable stuff in order to show a profit in Q3". So he believes they will show a profit in Q3 despite all he said before. I believe in Q3 he will say the same about Q4 and then to be continued.

Also he does claim Management did all of the sudden announce layoffs they did not mention in the shareholder meeting, despite this has been communicated a while ago from Elon (cutting binnacles).

This person should be banned from all media. There is nothing valuable with any credible content he does add to the discussion regardless if you are a bull or bear.
yep!! narrative changing, yet not one of these mindless anchors asks why it’s changing, or if they were wrong before why we should believe them now. joke.

yep!! narrative changing, yet not one of these mindless anchors asks why it’s changing, or if they were wrong before why we should believe them now. joke.
i’m surprised they didn’t have bob lutz on today stammering about how they lose money on every car, another blanbermouth who’s star has turned to dust. him and chanos should be on the first flight of BFR to mars.

Shorts had been planning on new shares being added through equity raises. Now they're getting shares taken away by Musk instead, and who knows how many purchases he's going to make? With the recent spike in SpaceX' value he could easily buy a billion dollars worth.

Remember when he kept buying SCTY shares....

https://qz.com/1303760/job-openings...cluding-at-its-fremont-plant-for-the-model-3/
another dramatic headline, “ red flag for tesla” and picture of a burning tesla heap captioned with “up in smoke” yet the article has about 0 substance. some benign facts and blurbs about the possible reasons job postings are down. what robust reporting from quartz. jeezus.
how to combat that? these self righteous reporters think the world owes them a favor and that they know everything, so teaching and reasoning is out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.