Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas Edison's company merged with another to form General Electric in 1892. General Electric was an original Dow Jones Industrial Average component in 1896, and has been included continuously since 1907. It was announced after today's market close that GE will be removed from the Dow prior to the market open on June 26.

Westinghouse Electric was removed from the Dow in 1997 after it bought CBS. George Westinghouse and his associate Nikola Tesla would have chuckled about today's announcement. Their spirits will laugh wholeheartedly, if Tesla someday joins the Dow.

Last edited:
Business Insider claims to have seen internal Tesla docs showing 2018 Model 3 production numbers

Here's how many Model 3 cars Tesla has made so far this year

Wait one second here: It was just this PAST SATURDAY that Elon tweeted out a picture of the FIRST AWD Performance Model 3 rolling off the GA4 line. And this guy wants to b!tch that only 100 cars have gone through GA4 so far?? Its obvious that the line is still be fine tuned. They always find some way to skew/twist any news from Tesla. Pathetic!

Business Insider claims to have seen internal Tesla docs showing 2018 Model 3 production numbers

Here's how many Model 3 cars Tesla has made so far this year
Wait one second here: It was just this PAST SATURDAY that Elon tweeted out a picture of the FIRST AWD Performance Model 3 rolling off the GA4 line. And this guy wants to b!tch that only 100 cars have gone through GA4 so far?? Its obvious that the line is still be fine tuned. They always find some way to skew/twist any news from Tesla. Pathetic!

"this guy" is Linette Lopez. She has become a regular Tesla basher at Business Insider. Lopez is one of those "journalists" inviting Tesla employees and customers to provide her with information, as you can see in her blurb following the main content of her article.

After each of her two previous Tesla hit pieces, I emailed asking if she were also seeking positive comments about Tesla. She never replied. Her email and twitter accounts follow her name near the top of the article.

Last edited:
Thomas Edison's company merged with another to form General Electric in 1892. General Electric was an original Dow Jones Industrial Average component in 1896, and has been included continuously since 1907. It was announced after today's market close that GE will be removed from the Dow prior to the market open on June 26.

Westinghouse Electric was removed from the Dow in 1997 after it bought CBS. George Westinghouse and his associate Nikola Tesla would have chuckled about today's announcement. Their spirits will laugh wholeheartedly, if Tesla someday joins the Dow.

I think this is based loosely on Last Days of Night book??? Excited....

"this guy" is Linette Lopez. She has become a regular Tesla basher at Business Insider. And she is one of those "journalists" inviting Tesla employees and customers to provide her with information, as you can see in her blurb following the main content of her article. After each of her two previous Tesla hit pieces, I emailed asking if she were also seeking positive comments about Tesla. She never replied. Her email and twitter accounts follow her name near the top of the article
mr renz, i’ve never seen her put a positive spin on anything musk. although many of her post are a negative kind of “told you so” regaridng any topic. so maybe that’s her angle.

You know, for all the crap Edison gets, Edison and Ford did try to mass produce an EV in 1914. They got extremely close, but due to several circumstances, the plans fell through.

Already Banned by NHTSA

AutoPilotBuddy

I'm sad to see that being created. Impressed by the ingenuity, but defeating a nag for a system that isn't designed to operate independently, so that can pretend and behave as if its operating independently, just looks foolish to me.

For the makers of the gadget, I suppose they'll make some money. I know I for one won't be buying one.

From the beginning of the video, I thought it was going to be a handle that would extend from the side of the steering sheel, and make it easier for people with shorter arms to rest an arm on an arm rest and have the hand leaning on the wheel. THAT sounds brilliant to me, as long as the handle is sufficiently well attached that you can use it to steer suddenly to dodge a piece of wood in the road or something like that.

I just vote no - that's my personal choice.

Sidebar: there is this super cool YouTube video on the real size of the Falcon 9 that Elon tweeted about a few hours ago. Really worth checking out in itself, but what really had me cracking up is, that there is a little inside joke @2:48 for all of us on Elon Mean Time. Casually dropped, no one will even pick it up except for this crowd here. Well done!

Video about the Daimler EQ

Not that it has a lot of information included but there is one rather indirect information included that I find interesting.

Obviously 2 German Daimler Manager sitting in the car with a Journalist (?) and all the video long are blown away about the instant torch, silentness and acceleration.

What for us EV Heads is a normal its for them like experiencing a new world.

Why is that of interest to me?

Well, if you show your brand new and first EV to the wider public and have two people from your company in it that seem not to have any deeper experience really with EVs than it does indicate to me where the company as such is today.

It looks like they just begin to understand what all of this is about...

P.S. most people don't know that there was almost a standup at the HQ in Sindelfingen a while ago before an company meeting where the Unions together with Employees forced the Management to agree on an EV approach. Top Management did not want to do it and without the pressure from the workers I do not know where they would be today.

P.S.S. I am not impressed about the car I have to say. With all of the ICE producers now jumping in the same segment with somehow not impressive specs they may believe to have found an open flank at Tesla but jam together with many others in same price ranges without an answer on charging...

Video about the Daimler EQ

Not that it has a lot of information included but there is one rather indirect information included that I find interesting.

Obviously 2 German Daimler Manager sitting in the car with a Journalist (?) and all the video long are blown away about the instant torch, silentness and acceleration.

What for us EV Heads is a normal its for them like experiencing a new world.

Why is that of interest to me?

Well, if you show your brand new and first EV to the wider public and have two people from your company in it that seem not to have any deeper experience really with EVs than it does indicate to me where the company as such is today.

It looks like they just begin to understand what all of this is about...

P.S. most people don't know that there was almost a standup at the HQ in Sindelfingen a while ago before an company meeting where the Unions together with Employees forced the Management to agree on an EV approach. Top Management did not want to do it and without the pressure from the workers I do not know where they would be today.

P.S.S. I am not impressed about the car I have to say. With all of the ICE producers now jumping in the same segment with somehow not impressive specs they may believe to have found an open flank at Tesla but jam together with many others in same price ranges without an answer on charging...

My reaction is “how cute”... feels like watching an old recording from a birthday party of my kids. How nice were these days of ingenuity...

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: neroden
The pictures (assuming that they indeed are very recent) don't exactly match the engineering miracle I had imagined based on the tweets o_O Hopefully it will become one.

The only one with a real date is a picture where the line land building looks pretty much finished and that has a date on it from the weekend to be precise June 16th . That newspaper shown came out last Saturday. Thats the day Elon did twitter the picture. All the other videos look like a week or longer old at least.

After 3 weeks building this structure and the line up which I find really impressive they do have another week to get it finished and ramp up to add to the weekly production number targeting 5k/w or more last week in June.

Show me an automaker who was ever able to do such a thing in 3 weeks! Unprecedented as far as I know.

The pictures (assuming that they indeed are very recent) don't exactly match the engineering miracle I had imagined based on the tweets o_O Hopefully it will become one.

Not Alien Dreadnought for you?

If Musk had had Steve Jobs experience at Atari he would have been wiser about the practical day to day world of actually making stuff. This weakness not only shows at Tesla, but also in him thinking that doing home solar installs was a good idea.

Unfortunately the lesson of the simple GA line in the tent will probably be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.