Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

General Discussion: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what they all say after an accident “it wasn’t me, autopilot did it”. Drivers need to know Tesla has a log that tracks your vehicle. SMH thanks for the link anyway.
The fire truck was "already working on another accident", which means it was stationary. It's well known and in the manual that the autopilot doesn't recognize stationary objects, unless you were following another car in traffic and it slows and stops. So it may well have been engaged, but that's exactly why the driver needed to be paying attention.

The fire truck was "already working on another accident", which means it was stationary. It's well known and in the manual that the autopilot doesn't recognize stationary objects, unless you were following another car in traffic and it slows and stops. So it may well have been engaged, but that's exactly why the driver needed to be paying attention.
Also, that is far from a 65 MPH crash. I would guess that it was more like 25 MPH...

MOD:

There does exist within the TMC Forum a "dump basket" for grammar and spelling mistakes. The following does not refer to either.

There is no such thing as "sunken costs". There is a common and valuable term in economics: "sunk costs", with which the prior term has, frustratingly, been conflated several times in this forum in the recent past. To the extent forum posters do in fact read posts that others write, perhaps this confusion will not recur.

990050d1-931c-40ff-aa3a-f8bfa863d609-sunkentreasure1.jpg

A very interesting read here in regards to Goldman Sachs telling its clients this bull market is headed higher. Also interesting is the mentioning of the old “buy and hold” strategy outperforming “selling solely based on expensive valuation.” For myself, I do not think Tesla is expensive, but for folks on the sidelines, this may convince you to get back in. The buy and hold strategy, even with negative forecasts out performs in a variety of markets that includes US, Europe, Japan, etc.

What Goldman Sachs is telling high net worth clients about the stock market

Here’s a summary straight from the article:

Goldman also argues that bull markets don’t die from old age but from recessions. Presently, there’s a low probability of a U.S. recession, which is one of the key drivers of the market right now.

Goldman Sachs’ model currently places the probability of a recession in the U.S. over the next two years at 17.6%. For 2018, the likelihood is 10%.

“When the probability of a recession is low, the likelihood of positive returns is very high,” Goldman Sachs wrote.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
A very interesting read here in regards to Goldman Sachs telling its clients this bull market is headed higher. Also interesting is the mentioning of the old “buy and hold” strategy outperforming “selling solely based on expensive valuation.” For myself, I do not think Tesla is expensive, but for folks on the sidelines, this may convince you to get back in. The buy and hold strategy, even with negative forecasts out performs in a variety of markets that includes US, Europe, Japan, etc.

What Goldman Sachs is telling high net worth clients about the stock market

Here’s a summary straight from the article:

Goldman also argues that bull markets don’t die from old age but from recessions. Presently, there’s a low probability of a U.S. recession, which is one of the key drivers of the market right now.

Goldman Sachs’ model currently places the probability of a recession in the U.S. over the next two years at 17.6%. For 2018, the likelihood is 10%.

“When the probability of a recession is low, the likelihood of positive returns is very high,” Goldman Sachs wrote.

That strikes me as a general sell signal. The whole, "sell when others are confident" angle. I'm just waiting for when the corporations realize that it's the consumers who need to have money to buy the products. If they're spending on healthcare, housing, and food, conspicuous consumption takes a back-seat. I project the end of 2018 as when this realization hits, and we will be in full recession with no rational leaders at the helm to right the ship.

That strikes me as a general sell signal. The whole, "sell when others are confident" angle. I'm just waiting for when the corporations realize that it's the consumers who need to have money to buy the products. If they're spending on healthcare, housing, and food, conspicuous consumption takes a back-seat. I project the end of 2018 as when this realization hits, and we will be in full recession with no rational leaders at the helm to right the ship.

The unemployment rate is as strong as it could be within the last 40 years. I really can’t see it slowing down anytime soon.

California adds 47,400 jobs as unemployment rate falls to lowest level in more than 40 years

This is huge!

It means in a nutshell that Elon will only receive compensation if he grows the company up to 13 fold... Its a commitment to compensate employees beside investors and puts him with no fixed salary at 100% risk. Again a very strong signal how convinced he is that they will deliver.

I don't recall a CEO who did something similar. Expecting that investors will vote in favor by a big margin.

That are great news for all of us!

So Elon owns about 22% of Tesla now. Dilution will shrink this in the next years.
He would get another 12% of new shares. The sum would be more probably than 22% but less than 34%. What do you think?

How much dilution is expected when going from 65 to 650 billion market cap?

Reactions: aubreymcfato
Status
Not open for further replies.